Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
There are several Research which suggests that individuals who are born in the summer are less likely to go on to higher education and they are more likely to achieve low in terms of academic performance. Apparently Summer born's are also more prone to suffer from SEN (Special education needs). How many of you agree to this statement? Are summer born's really at a disadvantage in terms of academic achievements? Or is this all Crap? I for one i'm a summer born and I'm currently in my second year at Uni, Must be some miracle eh? lol.  Any thoughts regarding this? 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Summer Born's are less likely to go University" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ParaDiseMb

There are several Research which suggests that individuals who are born in the summer are less likely to go on to higher education and they are more likely to achieve low in terms of academic performance. Apparently Summer born's are also more prone to suffer from SEN (Special education needs). How many of you agree to this statement? Are summer born's really at a disadvantage in terms of academic achievements? Or is this all Crap? I for one i'm a summer born and I'm currently in my second year at Uni, Must be some miracle eh? lol.  Any thoughts regarding this? 
are u kidding me??...of course its all crap...I have never heard a more ridiculous thing in my lifeLOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DulceTentacion.

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

are u kidding me??...of course its all crap...I have never heard a more ridiculous thing in my lifeLOLLOL

Search the net and you will find ALOT of information supporting this statement lol. 

Edited by ParaDiseMb - 08 March 2012 at 1:22pm

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by blue-ice

Search the net and you will find ALOT of information supporting this statement lol. 
I am summer born...i went to the University and did MBA...my son is summerborn...he is studying aerospace engg. 1st year in college...My brother in law and sister in law summer born are both engg. from IITs...my nephew summer born...studied at MIT...why should I go and research this BS...LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DulceTentacion.

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
^^ In relation to your point, i am a summer born myself, hence when i first read a research article based on this specifically i was shocked and and not to say in a state of wanting to laugh out loud. I'm not forcing you to open a tap and go on to Google and put your researching skills to test lol i'm just pointing out that regardless of how bizarre and outrageous it may sound, research has been done on this. But then again it depends on where you are from. I live in England and most of the results and findings have come from statistics and government documents in England. I'm doing a paper on this topic at Uni and i cannot seem to find anything against this statement. I have collected several papers supporting the argument but non against, and its really disturbing to know that there aren't any research suggesting that the statements is false, and that it does not imply to everyone because i know so many people that are summer born's and are at Uni, some have even graduated and gone into Good Employment. But yeah it Ridiculous isn't it! ? LOL

Edited by ParaDiseMb - 08 March 2012 at 2:18pm

rahmona_pakswe

IF-Sizzlerz

rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Excuse me but what a load of bull. Stern Smile The research is just stupid.

@Xoxo. April kid here. Poor litttle me...I'm screwed up for life. ROFLROFLROFL Maybe that's why I'm opposing to the article so much. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DulceTentacion.blue-ice

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xoxo

@ Topic Starter

LMAO you are right!. I just googled and here is the result i get.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/4611667/Summer-born-children-more-likely-to-struggle-at-school.html

I am August born.. No wonder im so DUMB but still got accepted in Uni, survived passed and got accepted on masters now LOL!

Listen up Winter born - Research, shows you guys are more Bigger, Brighter and more Successful!  WOOHH CONGRATULATIONS!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/babies-born-in-winter-are-bigger-brighter-and-more-successful-523070.html

Oh and btw, i feel sorry for all the April Born, Poor Kids born in April, are most likely to develop wide range of diseases...  TO ALL THE FERTILE WOMEN! please plan your pregnancy according to  this research, and July is the worst time to fall pregnant in, as that means your child will be born in April ( Following the baby is born on time) and will be most likely to develop wide range of illness... Please try to get pregnant start of the year so you have higher chances of giving  birth to a WINTER BABY.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2001407/Marchs-child--woe-Babies-born-spring-likely-develop-wide-range-diseases-autumn-children.html

Ridiculous? OF COURSE NOT! LOL... Ps, i wanna know which month this researcher was born in.

Xoxo

U r hilarious ShadLOLLOL
The researcher was not born but dropped by a stork on his mothe'r lap...just guessing from the birdbrain that he has.LOLLOL
BTW I am also August born like u...and LEOs are awesomeStarLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

be-happy-alwaysDulceTentacion.

be-happy-always

Goldie

be-happy-always

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 8:06pm | IP Logged

LOLROFL
Are u serious??
haha...ofcourse this all is crap!

well, i'm a winter born but ... so many people like my dad, he's summer born ... he did PhD (ofcourse after his bachelors n masters!!)
U yourself are second year student...
sooo many people on this huge earth ...
so many miracles cannot happen!!LOL

but anyways, interesting post!
Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bindaas_meDulceTentacion.blue-ice

Post Reply New Post

Go to top