Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Madhuri's Statement

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

doyelpakhi

Goldie

doyelpakhi

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Has anyone heard Madhuri's statement today? There was a sentence that women like Jahnvi thinks that they can change people like Viraj and people like Viraj take the advantage of the situation. So it's time that women should fight against domestic violence and tell clearly that one should not take test of the tolerance anymore.

If Viraj is shown to be any normal abusive guy without any clinical problem then Madhuri's statements would have been perfect. But here the CVs are showing Viraj to be a patient of OCPD along with other problems. In that context, Madhuri's words are not only insensitive but indirectly sending wrong message to the masses.

There are lots of people who suffer from bipolar disorder, megalomania, OCPD and other mental problems. In many cases, patients show violent behavior due to chemical imbalance in their brains and they do not have any control over their emotions. Such patients not only abuse their wives, but other people around them also face their wrath as it has been shown in Viraj's case. These people cannot be compared to other wife-beaters who abuse their wives only to keep them under control.

Madhuri's statements indirectly told the audience that in case of such abusive people, one should fight instead of hoping that they could change. So should a parent, sibling or even a partner leave a mentally ill patient without even giving one chance of treatment?

People in our country don't care a damn about mental illness and those who are known to be suffering from any disease are often looked down upon as an infection. Such statements and presentation about mental illness in the media will only affirm those notions.

What Jahnvi is doing right now absolutely perfect! It's true that she is not bound to do any favor to Viraj even though she is married to him. What Viraj has done is beyond all limits and he deserves punishment. But Viraj needs treatment too. Jahnvi's support is not only out of humanity but she is doing it to save her family from any more problem created by the powerful Viraj Dobriyal. So what's wrong if Jahnvi is shown to be helping Viraj? At least, she is no longer going to accept the crap from him and will answer him when necessary,

I am thinking of lodging a complaint against this serial in IBF - either the channel should have stick to the message against domestic violence or they should have dealt the subject of mental illness and violence in a different manner. They have botched it up and are sending more confusing messages to the audience.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 08 March 2012 at 10:48pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sunitaakumarsuki11--Flora--sub_rosaanitaraniRoyalLEO_Krrishaparnauma

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Madhuri's Statement" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aemy

Goldie

Aemy

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
i can understand wat u r saying but in viraj's case u can see that his illness is soo much that he can kill jhanvi i think in this particular case jhanvi should try to save herself before taking naystep to cure viraaj as he is dangerous extremely dangerous look at the damages he had done wud u like to be with such person who can kill u at any instant ??????????????????????????

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

doyelpakhi

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 08 March 2012 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by doyelpakhi

women like Jahnvi thinks that they can change people like Viraj and people like Viraj take the advantage of the situation. So it's time that women should fight against domestic violence and tell clearly that one should not take test of the tolerance anymore.

What Jahnvi is doing right now absolutely perfect! It's true that she is not bound to do any favor to Viraj even though she has married to him. What Viraj has done is beyond all limits and he deserves punishment. But Viraj needs treatment too. Jahnvi's support is not only out of humanity but she is doing it to save her family from further problem of the powerful Viraj Dobriyal. So what's wrong if Jahnvi is shown to be helping Viraj? At least, she is longer going to accept the crap from him and will answer him when necessary,

I am thinking of lodging a complaint against this serial in IBF - either the channel should have stick to the message against domestic violence or they should have dealt the subject of mental illness and violence in a different manner. They have botched it up and are sending more confusing messages to the audience.

Firstly Good to see ur post after such a long time!Smile

@ Bold: What she meant is there are creeps who takes advantage or such innocence. BUt i get ur point that it should be clearly stated in her statement that "Normal People" not Viraaj..or say in General Case! So yes i agree on that point..but i think it's not tooo BIG of an issue. I know what channel is trying to show..but the wordings need some modifications. They have been stressing out on DV since long time..and i know what they are trying to convey..but exampling Viraaj wasn't a quite a choice! May be some realistic examples..or may be some small video recording or may be statistical data or police record on such ppl who are normal and involved in domestic violence would be more of my suggestion..

Agreed on ur second part..but even ur takes on him sounds bit harsh to me..i mean one side ur saying that he is sick and he needs treatments and another side ur also saying that he has done things off limits.. I mean I admit the two incidents that he directly did to her was BEYOND acceptance 1) Rape 2) MC. i know i know he bit her like anything was also wrong..but as far sanju and dadi's things are concern i am not buying it...they suffered coz of what they did. Plus too MC was very unfortunate thing..the way it was shown..he pushed her and she fell..but it's not that he pushed her directly.it wasn't intentional push..if Geeta wasn't there and he had litterly pushed her and bit her..i would've not said he is innocent. but this time it was meant on Geeta..again it's very unfortunate..and i know he looses his temper bit too  much..and m not justifying it..but i admit it was unfortunate and considered to be off limits. But he also helped her family a LOT!!! Finacially and also emotionally..he was there when they needed him..it was dadi who interefered between RajVi..else he was nice to her too. and Agreed Jhanvi is not doing it because she loves him or because she is married to him..she is doing it to save her family from his anger. as soon as she gets to know or situation comes under control she is run away..with her family..i am preety sure..because there is NO LOVE or committment left from her side.. (to me it is some what realistic but hurtful approach!)

I am not too sure why u would want to complain..i would hold on to show's outcome before complaining.

Edited by Krrish87_sweet - 08 March 2012 at 4:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

doyelpakhi

scent_flower

Goldie

scent_flower

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 4:59am | IP Logged

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Very nicely said,even I was thinking the same.It is highly insensitive for Madhuri to make statements  for Viraj who is suffering from an illness.A normal abusive husband is worse than Viraj,they do everything on purpose fully aware of what they are doing..I understand people's reaction but the serial is sending out a message that all people with such disorders are monsters...Viraj hurts only those peole who he loves.Only Jhanvi holds they key to his cure and if she leaves there's no hope for him..his illness will only worsen. I'm not saying that women should tolerate such behaviour but in this case there is a reason for such behaviour.As the topic maker said,she is standing up to him by curing him. The cvs should remember that they are not only tackling domestic violence but they are also tackling the issue of psychiatric disorders. There is nothing wrong if Jhanvi sticks to him and doesn't lose hope.She sees hope for herself and her family.
I mean if your family doesn't help you then who will?
And also,there are many people in the world who suffer from this disorder.I have seen couples tackling with MPD also,and this is so nowhere as worse as MPD. Instead of turning this show into a love triangle,they should concentrate on the main issues.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

doyelpakhisub_rosa

doyelpakhi

Goldie

doyelpakhi

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
@ krish

If there has been at least one statement regarding the mental illness part, I would not have made this post. For eg. if  Madhuri would have said that people often don't understand the first symptoms which can lead to Viraj like state or if she would have pointed out many people like Dobriyals make the mistake of not continuing the treatment.  Even today, when Viraj has hurt himself we have seen one of the old statements of Madhuri against domestic violence.

As far as the crossing of limit by viraj is concerned he has crossed limit and many a time he has done it in calculated way.

First of all, he scammed Jahnvi's father in a cold-blooded manner. If he wanted to shut her mouth, he could have emotionally blackmailed her by hurting himself or threatening to commit suicide if she leaves.

If putting family in trouble was the best option for him, then he could have created any other kind of problem like robbery, small accident, but he did something which humiliated Jahnvi's family in front of everyone. In fact, to show himself to be a great man, he let his goons to insult Damodar in the market.

As far as Sanju is concerned, it was not necessary to put him in jail. If Sanju was trying to reveal the truth by getting hold of Viraj's goon, then Viraj could have get the goon out of the city and threat Sanju without coming in the front.

We all know that Viraj has twisted thought pattern but despite it, Viraj could have done less damage to Jahnvi's family considering his well-laid plans and cunning mentality.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 09 March 2012 at 1:37pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

scent_flowersub_rosa

dharad

Groupbie

dharad

Posted: 09 March 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
With all due respect, can you guys not talk anything better than law suits? She is talking about abuse, not about being insensitive, how many people in the first place are aware of such disorders and if a women stays back to be killed by her sick husband and ignorant in-laws, who takes the responsibility. By reacting to violance, she does not mean to be violent in return or to be insensitive to him, but if it was my daughter, I would definitely want her to be safe, specially when she is pregnant. You need a lot of courage and SUPPORT from family and society to convince such individuals to admit in the first place they they need help. I do perfectly understand their situation and do sympathize with them. It is the  parents of such children who need to take the first step and help their children right from the time they see the symptoms.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.