Yami Gautham making her M'wood debut

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 07 March 2012 at 5:08am | IP Logged
MEET HERO'S HEROINE

Yami Gautham, who is making her M'wood debut, tells us why being an actress is better than being an IAS officer

Sanjith Sidhardhan

It's not very often that an IAS aspirant finds her calling in cinema. Punjabi girl Yami Gautham, who stars opposite Prithviraj in Malayalam film Hero, is one such belle. She speaks of her journey so far and the challenges she's faced on the way.

MALAYALAM IS TOUGH

It's a blessing to work with such a professional team for my debut in Malayalam. Especially since the language can hardly be considered easy. I do my lines in Malayalam and that takes some hard work.

BEGAN ON TV

I was part of a few television shows and advertisements before I started getting offers for feature films. Coming to films was an unexpected but a pleasant turn. But now that I am here by destiny's design, I want to give it my best shot because unless you feel for a profession, it's tough to contribute.

ACROSS FILM INDUSTRIES

Though Hero is my Mollywood debut, I have completed one Telugu film called Nuvvila, and a Kannada movie Ullasa Utsaha and a Bollywood film Vicky Donor opposite VJ and TV anchor Ayushmann Khurrana. Though I am comfortable speaking Hindi, my priority is the content. In fact, I have been lucky in that way, as I have never had to play clichd or plain eyecandy characters.

BOLLYWOOD TOUCH

Incidentally, Vicky Donor is an interesting film based on sperm donation. The film is being produced by John Abraham, and is being directed by Shoorjith Sircar. The concept was different and even though I was initially sceptical about whether the film was a commercial one or not, the script turned out to be an out-in-out entertainer.

GREAT START: Yami Gautham

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Yami Gautham making her M'wood debut" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top