Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

ana56

IF-Sizzlerz

ana56

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by evasumi

Ana ekdam sahi hai..

Hum kaun hote hai bolne wale kisiko ki unko Gurmeet ke kis rup ko pyar karna chahiye...

I think we have all variety of fans on the forum...  some are subtle..  some moderate...  and some aggressive..

But in whatever category we fall in if we consider that every one has a right to their own veiw and choice then there would be not much problem.

ya dear
tht s true

but u know yaha saray GC fans kuch zyada he jazbati(emotional) hai
main khud bhi waisi ho
jaha koi post dekha gc k baray i go and read that and pass my comment
sometimes i realise that i was too harsh
but tht was my craze for GC so i dont mind it ahahhaaaLOL

GC hai he aisa jissay dekh k hum sab kuch bhool jatay 
he has the charm to distract us even from our studies

and ya every one has his/her own POV
so we all shud respect each other's POV
tab he ja kar hum sab apnay GC k sath khush reh saktay haiEmbarrassed
ahhaaa

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkybedievasumipickachu..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I am bit upset... (Page 5)" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pickachu

IF-Stunnerz

pickachu

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Veryyy welll said!!

Loveee ur post!

Completely agree with u!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

evasumi..RamKiJanaki..

evasumi

IF-Rockerz

evasumi

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
So what say people do we agree that we will keep this forum clean of any fan's grouping..

Let every one love Gurmeet the way they want and the way think he looks adorable with..

So no bashing and no arguments on any bashing..  Just report the post and ask mods to close that topic..  Let's not jump to defend or accuse him..  Who ever does we know that the writer does not understand what he is and we leave at that... 

As truly I believe Gurmeet does not need to be defend by us.  He works hard and have reached the peak of his TV career by his sheer hard work and wonderful talent..  and ofcourse by the love of his fans. 

So what he needs is our love and support and not our arguments or fights or our narrow minded mentality...  As he has broad horizon and he wants us to travel with him to his various shows and performance and not get stuck at one point...

Edited by evasumi - 05 March 2012 at 2:20pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkybedi123mitulaanyakunat..RamKiJanaki..pickachu

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
OMG Eva, my respect for you is growing everyday by seeing your posts, but this one just tops the cake.Hug You are such a sensible, down-to-earth, and kindhearted person...before, I used to think you were so lucky to meet Gurmeet personally, but now I know that it is not luck, but fate, because you are one of the most deserving of GC's fans to meet him.

I agree word for word with what you said. Since you opened this topic, I'd like to share my feelings about both Ramayan and GHSP for the last time in this forum, before concentrating only on PV as we should.

I was first introduced to Gurmeet through Ramayan only, because his previous show, Mayavi, was tamil and never got dubbed into telugu for me to see. Actually, I was a fan of the Sagar family's mythos since the older 1986 Ramayan which came on Doordarshan. I watched it in 2007 for the first time and became a huge fan of it. My devotion to Ram and Sita was awakened because of it, because before RS's Ramayan, I was devotional but not that much like I am now, so I owe a lot to the original Ramayan.

When I heard that the Sagar family was planning on making another Ramayan, at first I was a bit annoyed because I felt it was an insult to the older Ramayan. What need was there for another Ramayan serial when we already had a wonderful one? But now I am glad that it was taken, because AS's Ramayan, with Gurmeet and Debina as Ram and Sita, covered sooo much area that was not covered in the older Ramayan due to time restraint. I still love and respect the older Ramayan a lot, but Gurmeet and Debina's Ramayan has also secured a fond place in my heart. Because of the newer Ramayan, I learned about so many background stories like Vedavati's curse on Ravan, Narad's curse on Vishnu, Vishnu's battles with Madhu, Kaitab, Mali, Sumali, and other rakshasas, etc.

NDTV's Ramayan has created such a mix of emotions in me just like Ramayan should...laughter, tears, indignation at the injustice Sita had to suffer throughout her life, sorrow at the sufferings of Ram, Sita, and Lakshman, love, devotion, and you name it. When the last episode of Ramayan aired in 2009 and Shri Ram submerged himself in the Sarayu river, I cried buckets of tears and could believe that the magical epic had come to an end, but then the character of Valmiki came onscreen and the background song said how Ramayan, the divine epic, is never done and never over. As long as the world exists and along with it the human race, Ramayan will also be alive and told and retold through many mouths and many forms of media. Ramayan will always live in the hearts of its devotees, whether through book or media, regardless of which serial you follow.

This philosophy really made me feel better and when Gurmeet came back as Maan Singh Khurana, I did not feel as if I had bid farewell to Shri Ram for the final time. To this day since 2009, I've watched and rewatched Ramayan so many times everyday, and I don't feel as if it's over. It will always live in my heart and I can now comfortably separate Gurmeet from Shri Ram and recognize him as a very versatile actor who is a super actor, one of the best in the industry.

I did follow GHSP when it first came. I fell in love with the character of Geet Handa and cried with her when she suffered at the hands of her cruel brother, Brij. Geet's predicament reminded me of the mythological character Devaki, who also suffered a horrible fate at the hands of her brother Kans. I followed Geet's life till she reached Maan's office and their love story started there. I quit the show later on for different reasons, but I am very very happy that Gurmeet got to act in such a popular show and became known among fans who had not seen him during Ramayan.

I have absolutely nothing against Geet Hui Sabse Paraayi and will always give it its respect as an integral part of Gurmeet's career...though I am a diehard fan of Ramayan, I feel that every show Gurmeet's acted in has given him fame and neither is better or worse than the other.

What did hurt me in the past was not GHSP itself, but some of its fans who became such huge fans of MSK that they began bashing Ramayan and claimed that Gurmeet was a "nobody" during Ramayan, and that his chemistry with Debina was zero and that Ramayan never succeeded as a serial. Some of them even went to the extent of comparing the characters of Lord Ram and MSK and claiming that MSK was far "hotter" than Ram in both personality and looks, which was just plain ridiculous since one is a God and the other a fictional character. As a fan of Ramayan who saw personally how it soared NDTV Imagine's TRP charts, that really hurt me a lot and I left GF because I could not bear seeing the bashing posts against Gurmeet's previous show which did give him a lot of fame despite those fans' thinking. I confess that I did fight with those members and now see that it did absolutely no good, because we can never change people's thinking.

Then one day, I was rewatching one of the Yudh Kand episodes of Ramayan when Shri Ram accepts Vibhishan into his army, claiming that he'd forgive even Ravan should the latter come to him for shelter. I felt so ashamed of myself for being such an argumentative person and claiming to be a devotee of the peaceful Lord Ram at the same time. I realized that I had to quit this arguing and just turn an deaf ear to such bashing, because it does not matter what people think...I will always love Ramayan and its bashers will always hate it. What would arguing ever achieve?

Anyway, I think that Punar Vivah is making fans of both Ramayan and GHSP realize that Gurmeet is an actor and not Ram or Maan. Yash has brought MANY people out of their maya, or illusion, and I hope he will continue to make people realize that you cannot typecast any actor to one character, because it is harmful for his career. Honestly, Punar Vivah is a good medicine for those diehard fans who cannot differentiate between reel and real, because now they are being forced to acknowledge that Gurmeet is neither Ram, Maan, nor Yash. He is GURMEET CHOUDHARY who has portrayed all three of these characters so well that fans simply cannot help but typecast, but at the same time, as fans of Gurmeet, not become an obstacle to his career because we all want him to succeed.

Anyway, that's it for my rantLOL and I really hope we all will continue to support Gurmeet in any role he does, whether it be mythological, historical, or fictional, and love him for simply being him.Heart

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 05 March 2012 at 2:30pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

swathisatyapinkybedi123mitulDMKJ_VBevasumiaanyakunatpickachu

123mitul

IF-Dazzler

123mitul

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
@janaki: awesome post dear...i did not watch ramayan...i didn't even know about GC...i joined IF much later...i saw some posts about his not being popular or some comparison etc etc etc...i was not even a fan of him...but reading those posts was really painful...i did not watch a show does't mean other people didn't too!!!!!!!... i read so many negative posts about him that one day i started my research!!!...i went through his biography, old interviews etc...i even visited old forums...then i discovered that he is really popular & very down-to-earth...& i started to like him...now i am a fan of himSmile ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.Smile ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page....

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkybediaanyakunatevasumiDMKJ_VBpickachu..RamKiJanaki..

evasumi

IF-Rockerz

evasumi

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
JR dear thank you for the kind words...

You see I have realized early in the life that being possesive of something is not a good practice and even though you are right in many things you cannot change people's mind which are set in certain way...  It is like hitting your head with the stone wall..  only you will bleed and nothing will happen to the stone wall..

I have never seen Ramayan fully only few episodes here and there and I loved Gurmeet's portrayal of Ram.

But I am completely head over heels with the character Maan...  and I think Gurmeet did it so very well and I think that no one would have played Maan as great as Gurmeet..

Before Meeting Gurmeet and Drashti I thought that there is not a couple as cute and as hot as Maan and Geet and Gurmeet and Drashti were just phenomenal in their portrayal of Maan and Geet..

In fact Geet is my 2nd show of hindi shows as I never watched any hindi serial before..  I only watched Choti Bahu and after it went off air I did not wanted to watch any show or get involved in any show..  But one of my friends literally forced me to watch Geet as she knows I love romantic shows..  so I started watching it half the way and then went back and watched all the previous episode as I absolutely fell in love with Maan and Geet..

Anyway to cut the story short..  When I visited India I had a previlage to meet Gurmeet and Debina in their wedding reception and also Drashti in the same reception...  and that made me realized the difference between the reel and real life..  So I was able to see Maan and Geet as Gurmeet and Drashti..:))

When I saw them act as intense Maan and Geet and also seen them how relaxed and fun loving they all are after the shout of "cut" from the director I realized how great actors they were to make you believe the fictional characters of Maan and Geet as real Maan and Geet...  and my appreciation for their talents and hard work grew 100 folds.  I truly salute thier hard work and their talents and truly I would hate to spoil it with any controversy or hatered feelings between fans or groups..

I think it would be an insult to an actor if we do not honor all the roles played by he/she equally..  Yes it is true that as the time passes an actor gets more refine in his acting and the later roles are appreciated more due to wide popularity of the actor at a later part of his career.

So it is all the story of time line and we need to walk with that...

I am so glad we all are now loving Puner Vivah and are out of the typecast of Gurmeet's role.. Yes Indeed Puner Vivah has pulled so many of his fans out of their limited thinking and appreciate Gurmeet as a versatile actor...

So let's welcome Gurmeet as Yash and walk with him and appreciate how hard he is working to make Yash yet another of his wonderful character...

Edited by evasumi - 05 March 2012 at 3:08pm

swathisatyapinkybedi123mitulaanyakunat..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by evasumi

JR dear thank you for the kind words...

You see I have realized early in the life that being possesive of something is not a good practice and even though you are right in many things you cannot change people's mind which are set in certain way...  It is like hitting your head with the stone wall..  only you will bleed and nothing will happen to the stone wall..

Wow, those are very powerful words.Shocked But you're totally right, dear, you explained your POV so nicely.Clap And I can imagine how overwhelmed and excited you must have felt when you met Gurmeet and Drashti, you are really very blessed to have received that chance.Smile Thank you so much for your post, it was really needed!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkybediaanyakunatevasumi

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 March 2012 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 123mitul

@janaki: awesome post dear...i did not watch ramayan...i didn't even know about GC...i joined IF much later...i saw some posts about his not being popular or some comparison etc etc etc...i was not even a fan of him...but reading those posts was really painful...i did not watch a show does't mean other people didn't too!!!!!!!... i read so many negative posts about him that one day i started my research!!!...i went through his biography, old interviews etc...i even visited old forums...then i discovered that he is really popular & very down-to-earth...& i started to like him...now i am a fan of himSmileSmile...

Yes dear, you're absolutely right! Just because we haven't seen a show doesn't mean it wasn't famous. That type of thinking is so narrow-minded but fortunately, majority of GC's fans are not like that. They have realized that because of GC, every one of his shows has become famous.

pinkybedi123mitulaanyakunatevasumiDMKJ_VB

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.