India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

Article abt Ronit's long-hair look

ronit_dream Goldie
ronit_dream
ronit_dream

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 2:22pm | IP Logged

Blame it on John Abraham's Dhoom. Suddenly, it's definitely male to sport your hair long. As more and more showbiz icons pick up the trend, the passion for long hair has caught on among young men on the street - in the campus and at nightspots.

Says Mumbai-based hair and make-up stylist Cory Walia: "John definitely epitomises the look. Earlier most men avoided growing their hair because usually male hair is wavy and it didn't look good when worn long. But today with technology that helps straighten and style hair chemically (temporarily or permanently), it's hot."

Of course, showbiz has had instances galore. Sanjay Dutt was the first among new age heroes who flaunted long locks a decade ago (remember Saajan?). Others have gone for long hair to suit specific roles (Salman Khan set a trend especially among small town boys with his Tere Naam look; Aamir Khan's The Rising mane fired the nation's imagination; and Hrithik Roshan goes for long hair in the Koi Mil Gaya sequel, Krrissh). Add a few icons from other fields (cricket's latest hero, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, and playback star Sonu Nigam, to name a couple), and it's a style statement waiting to be aped.

On TV too, veejays Gaurav Kapoor and Purab Kohli have gone for long hair. Soap stars Anuj Saxena (Kkusum) and Ronit Bose Roy (Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasautii Zindagi Kay) seem to have picked up a tip or two from Akashdeep Saigal (Ansh in Kyunkii...) and have decided to let their hair grow.
Saigal says long hair, for him, is 'energy'. "I've admired Jesus Christ since childhood. Maybe that was an inspiration," he adds. For Ronit, it's all about experimenting with looks: "Characters in soaps are constantly evolving. The look has to change too. I've changed my look four times before. We live in people's living rooms, so we have to give them something new."

So, what are the various types of long hair that are in fashion among men right now? Walia gives the roster:

The layered and straightened hair, sported by John Abraham, Ashmit Patel and Sonu Nigam.
The rock star-like free flowing hair that ends in curls or waves. Cricketer MS Dhoni and VJ Gaurav are the examples.

The 2005 version of the Mullet. Short and spiky in the front, it can be
swept back.

galactic4_1000 IF-Dazzler
galactic4_1000
galactic4_1000

Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:36am | IP Logged

thats are ronit!! chic, stylish and very with it!!!

Mr. Classy!!!

ronitr Senior Member
ronitr
ronitr

Posted: 20 April 2005 at 12:33pm | IP Logged

I didn't like that long hair look onscreen....but off screen at times it's too charming 4 him...Smile

but on screen it helps balaji people to make him look old.....with oily hairs....Angry

Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 20 April 2005 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Well it is true that long hair style is comming back....I saw Ronit today in long heair and he was looking gr8...Also I like John New style which is full straight then b4 and I love Sonu very much so it is straight that i will love his every style....he looks gr8....Hrithik has long hair from back and i am also increasing my hair length.

livingforelvis IF-Sizzlerz
livingforelvis
livingforelvis

Posted: 20 April 2005 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

I wish he cuts his hair.... i dont like it that much

But HE ACTUALLY LOOKS REALLY KOOLLL

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top