Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: shubhsArti

my fav moment in this seq. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

i had to move it coz of the FB that followed๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Zehnaseeb thumbnail

Continuous inflow of new faces in TV industry is making life tough for older actors who carry baggage of their past shows. Practically every show has at least one newcomer making his/her television debut. Now older actors are increasingly finding it difficult to get important roles in serials.

For most of them, one of the common and effective ways of getting work is networking with casting directors. But some actors have found a new way. They are banking on their so-called fans' support on social networking sites to get work in serials.

Recently, Tanuj Garg who heads Balaji's film division was flooded with messages to cast Harshad Chopra and Aditi Gupta (of Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil fame) in Balaji serials. Tanuj had to clarify to the actors' fans that he doesn't look after Balaji serials.

Sony's business head Sneha Rajani says she got lots of similar messages for Hiten Tejwani and his wife Gauri.

"It's a big nuisance and it annoys me no end," fumes Sneha who ignores such requests. While she wonders whether they are real fans or chamchas acting on behalf of actors, Sneha says such requests don't really work. "Casting is not done on the basis of buzz on social networking sites.

That's not our benchmark for popularity because mass entertainment channels don't cater to people who use internet sites. Our audience is different and we have our own research and independent team to look into casting requirements," she explains.

While senior TV director and ex-Sony fiction head Sanjay Upadhyay says whether the online buzz is genuine or rigged, he thinks it doesn't benefit actors. "All big production companies have casting directors who are well aware of actors' availability, equity and sincerity. But the channel's brief is final," he adds. Aditi says actors have a huge fan base online.

"They want to see their favourite actors and on screen couples on different channels. I am not an Internet buff but I am aware of the support I get from fans on social networking sites. However, it doesn't help," she admits.

Hiten too admits that online support doesn't help in getting roles but online popularity is an added bonus. "It is an indication of how popular an actor is. So it works in some ways. At least it keeps you in limelight," he says.

this is quite rude๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” i mean were going to be the ones watching it so why don't we have a saying in who we want to see together๐Ÿค“ and why is it so hard for them to cast the same people together๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ Sara Angad are back together and and they aren't even that big as a couple yet the trps of RMJ are higher than they ever were after nishant left๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ and the storyline is horrible too๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ Edited by StrongHope - 12 years ago
.SA. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: StrongHope

Continuous inflow of new faces in TV industry is making life tough for older actors who carry baggage of their past shows. Practically every show has at least one newcomer making his/her television debut. Now older actors are increasingly finding it difficult to get important roles in serials.

For most of them, one of the common and effective ways of getting work is networking with casting directors. But some actors have found a new way. They are banking on their so-called fans' support on social networking sites to get work in serials.

Recently, Tanuj Garg who heads Balaji's film division was flooded with messages to cast Harshad Chopra and Aditi Gupta (of Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil fame) in Balaji serials. Tanuj had to clarify to the actors' fans that he doesn't look after Balaji serials.

Sony's business head Sneha Rajani says she got lots of similar messages for Hiten Tejwani and his wife Gauri.

"It's a big nuisance and it annoys me no end," fumes Sneha who ignores such requests. While she wonders whether they are real fans or chamchas acting on behalf of actors, Sneha says such requests don't really work. "Casting is not done on the basis of buzz on social networking sites.

That's not our benchmark for popularity because mass entertainment channels don't cater to people who use internet sites. Our audience is different and we have our own research and independent team to look into casting requirements," she explains.

While senior TV director and ex-Sony fiction head Sanjay Upadhyay says whether the online buzz is genuine or rigged, he thinks it doesn't benefit actors. "All big production companies have casting directors who are well aware of actors' availability, equity and sincerity. But the channel's brief is final," he adds. Aditi says actors have a huge fan base online.

"They want to see their favourite actors and on screen couples on different channels. I am not an Internet buff but I am aware of the support I get from fans on social networking sites. However, it doesn't help," she admits.

Hiten too admits that online support doesn't help in getting roles but online popularity is an added bonus. "It is an indication of how popular an actor is. So it works in some ways. At least it keeps you in limelight," he says.

this is quite rude๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” i mean were going to be the ones watching it so why don't we have a saying in who we want to see together๐Ÿค“ and why is it so hard for them to cast the same people together๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ Sara Angad are back together and and they aren't even that big as a couple yet the trps of RMJ are higher than they ever were after nishant left๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ and the storyline is horrible too๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

yes they are extremely rude .๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Zehnaseeb thumbnail

yes they are extremely rude .๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

yeah if we want someone back together unke stomach mein kyun dard hota hai๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
.SA. thumbnail
Originally posted by: StrongHope

yeah if we want someone back together unke stomach mein kyun dard hota hai๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

they want to be the great know it alls.๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
while the truth is they know nothing.๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Zehnaseeb thumbnail
i so love this๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ its even my DP๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Zehnaseeb thumbnail

they want to be the great know it alls.๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
while the truth is they know nothing.๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

when has repeating couples not worked that these people act all leave all alone type about it๐Ÿฅฑ

.SA. thumbnail
tell me how is HD any diff from a saas -bahu show??๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
only diff is that instead of sasuraal ppl troubling the heroine the maayka wala's are making her life hell.๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿฅฑ