India Forums : The Road Ahead

Posted: 17 years ago

Hi Friends,

It has been more then 30 months since India-Forums started from a small blog with daily update of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (http://www.bhatter.com/jassi) to a temporary domain KG2PG and then finally moving to www.India-Forums.com we have certainly come a long way. 😊 The animation that I was talking about in my last announcement is almost ready which will give you an idea on how we started. Thanks to our cartoon animation expert Partho for doing it for us. 

Something that was started out to do something different (as at that time it was called "funny" to be managing a Indian Television Discussion Forum) has today made India Forums as one of the most popular Indian Discussion forums and the idea has clicked so well that today we see almost a few dozens more forums and sites coming up on the same lines. However there is something that makes India Forums unique and better is the sense of belonging towards the Forum by its members and the undivided and relentless support by the Dev Team. For me and most of the other members it wont be wrong if we say its truly "home away from home" where we spend countless hours discussing, exploring our creativity and making new friends.

Today India Forums ranks in the Top 2000 sites of the World and also in the Top 20 Indian websites bracket and the servers handling the load of 40Million pageviews a month is no Joke.

However, what really amazes me is the fact that everyone in the IF Dev Team are giving their spare time to forum development and just imagine what would really happen even if half of us in the Dev Team are full time on the forum πŸ˜³πŸ‘. Thats one area we are working on to make the site even more addictive and productive too.

Some of the things which we started or going to start are:

We recently started India Forums podcast which started well but there are still few members who are confused about the whole Podcast thing thinking that its too technical or it requires them to have an iPod to listen to the podcasts πŸ˜†. The good news is that its VERY SIMPLE to subscribe and doesnt require you to have an iPod. Yes you heard it right NO IPOD REQUIREDπŸ˜ƒ. And in a very short span of time we are in the Top 5 Most Highly Rated Podcasts in the world on Yahoo. So Keep Voting for us as we need to reach the No.1 position 😳.

Soon we are going to start our own Radio inconjunction with a new Radio site and good amount of integretion will be in place so that our members can straight away request songs from India forums instead of re-registering.

In order to keep a check on SPAM and Multiple ID cases we are going to revalidate all the email addresses and integreting our Newsletter with it so that its easier for our members.

There have been many people who have been sending us requests & suggestions to start our own Classifieds which is better and effective then other sites charging good amount of money for it. Its in the initial stage of programming and in a months time we will be able to roll it out.

• We are already in talks with a few companies who are interested in promoting their services and as a bargain offering discounted rates to our members and for some matter few FREE stuff too. Keeping our fingers crossed for these things to happen.

The idea has always been to create an enjoyable place on the internet which people of all age can relate to and have fun. India Forums success is a good example of what a strong united force of self-motivated individuals can achieve.

We hope that we will continue to recieve our members support in all our upcoming ventures. And with a team like IF Dev Team (including both our India-Forums.com and India-forums.in Dev Team) I firmly believe that we can achieve the impossible.

The target for the next 3 months is to break into the "Top 1000" sites and to cross 1 Billion Pageviews a month mark. There are a lot of interesting stuff I will be doing which will be moved into the India-Forums network of sites :

www.gsmworld.in - A portal on Mobile wallpapers, ringtones, sms and a smart forum.
    www.modernastro.com / www.astrocentral.com - Portal on Astrology, Numerology, Vaastu, Gemology, Graphology, Feng Shui 
    www.ragaradio.com (Our partner for IF-Radio)
  • www.egreeting.in (eGreetings site)

Will surely keep you all updated on the latest happenings.

Cheers,
Vijay 😊

P.S. Life can really be FUN if we just do things which we enjoy doing. Have Fun!

Edited by vijay - 17 years ago
πŸ‘ thats great we r in top 2000 sites
soon we'll be in top 500 Inshallah
n really lookin forward to the radio thing
btw m still confused abt the podcast thing dont know y πŸ˜•
Wow.! I am sure vijay together we can and we will make our dreams come true!

And Alexa rank of 2000  is not that far.,., I am sure soon by the end of this year we shall be ahead of 1000 rank! πŸ˜‰
Edited by HUMM - 17 years ago
awesome news vijay.....this is another one of the reasons why i love india-forums so much....we are always kept updated on the ongoings of the siteπŸ˜†...thanks so much vijay and IF-dev team, you guyz rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....πŸ‘

Originally posted by sweetsorrow18

awesome news vijay.....this is another one of the reasons why i love india-forums so much....we are always kept updated on the ongoings of the siteπŸ˜†...thanks so much vijay and IF-dev team, you guyz rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....πŸ‘

Thanks sweetsorrow18 for reading the whole post. 😳

Sharing the plans and upcoming stuff on forum is very important to keep our members on the same page and they should also know how the forum is being performing. And more importantly they should feel that our collective effort is the real reason why India Forums is so popular.

Cheers,
Vijay

That is awesome news!!! πŸ‘

Thanks soo much for telling us Vijay πŸ‘ Like Sunny said, I'm sure we'll able to make our dreams come true.

I-F rocks!!! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Originally posted by HUMM

Wow.! I am sure vijay together we can and we will make our dreams come true!

And Alexa rank of 2000  is not that far.,., I am sure soon by the end of this year we shall be ahead of 1000 rank! πŸ˜‰

Sunny do you really think that we will have to wait till the end of the year. Lets try to make it before 9th Dec 2006 as thats the going to be third anniversary of our India Forums.

Cheers,
Vijay

Originally posted by scorpion134

πŸ‘ thats great we r in top 2000 sites
soon we'll be in top 500 Inshallah
n really lookin forward to the radio thing
btw m still confused abt the podcast thing dont know y πŸ˜•

Hey scorpion134,

Whats so confusing about Podcast 😊?

Cheers,
Vijay

Fabulous news vj bhai!!!
πŸ‘
just wanted to say that : IF rocks!!!!!!!!!
πŸ‘πŸΌ
hey vijay, thanks a lot for your awesome work that you and all the dev team puts in to make india-forums..india-forums πŸ˜• πŸ˜†
keep it up πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ..and we'll be up there in no time πŸ˜‰
also..a BIIG thnx 2 all the membas as w/o them we'd be nothing 😳 πŸ˜‰