Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

HELP! My parents won't let me marry the guy I love (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

heartqla

heartqla

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Let him meet your parents, if he's a nice enough guy, they will approve. If not, marry him anyway, sooner or later, your parents will realize that you are happy with him, and your relationship will be patched up. I'm going through the same thing:  My boyfriend and i love each other, but he's white, (we live in america), and i know my parents won't approve because of his skin color, but he's a nice guy, and i'm going to let them meet him, Either they let me marry him, or not. Either way, i'm going to marry him.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HELP! My parents won't let me marry the guy I love (Page 3)" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pawan12sharma

pawan12sharma

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:05am | IP Logged
hi..
dear i have the same situation i love a girl so much we are in love since last four year we did share all the things of life plan well for future both wana to get marriage to each other. from day one when we decided for marriage girl said i can't go against of my parents if they allow me with happiness then i will do so bt she love so much me. whenever  i told her that my parents asking me for marriage she start crying.  even i don't wana to marry any of else except her then. this attitude give more energy to stay with her. i did convince my parents they agree without any efforts especially my mom she told me i am happy in your happiness nothing whatever girl does not matter then i feel this true parents. then after never ask me for marriage. what now my girl frind was  pursuing b.ed her exam was going on she told me i shall talk to my parents after exam. bt many time she told me plz take my hand from my parents u. one day some one give suggestion to talk to her family i did call to her mother told her the story as we have ..she ask my everything very interestingly at the she did not reply any and cut the phone... i don't konw what happen then after my girl friend did not call me r any contact  bt i did start crying all the day night tear in the eye it looks like life has got end here leave the food, i used only drinking water i one day she contact me in someway and told me i am in your town away form my home almost 40 km i will pass your town by train whenever she back to her home she pass through my town . she told me at 1:41pm the train in which she has come reach at 5:30pm
i did wait her even she did not ask me to come not i have told her . i did wait for train i start searching in  the train finally i did find her hardly talk her 20 minute she again told me i cant go against parents means court marriage r anything else ..this is now totally breathless time for me i was get anger.. i was crying in the train people r looking me y the boy is crying ..

we have no cast war no education both has same cast sharma she is graduate and b.ed
and i have mba..degree and doing job in mnc 

AS all this i come to know that she love me  no doubt ... i respect her love and i love her too
now question is one...
I love her i can leave any thing which try to snatch my love bcoz love make me hunger-less sleepless sad seem to me life has no mean ... it means to maintain these thing need my love so 

Dear this is for u..regarding your problem 
 u love ur parents no doubt at the same time u do't want to leave your love first thing no thing in case of love get equal  weightage.. frist of all try to convince your parents look for good time when they are good mood & ask do u  love me be frankly  u wana my happiness so plz get me marry to your BF i would be more happy with him 

2nd thing if your parents are not understanding your problem they looking for their own reputation not your happiness so why you r.. love is not meant for sacrifice first love to some then scarify it 
u will scarify you  self is your bf will tolerate this why he will say u will compromise with ur heart for the sake of your parents your boy friend will get victim of this without any reason..
3rd thing we have to choose life partner once in the life not every two r three year i don't know your age say ur 24 and your parents 45 /50 avg life of man 60 year then after that  they can leave the world any time they will with u for 15/10 yrs... and u have stay with your partner for 36 year. for their 10/15 years u will spoil your 36year how will this is good decision

never say die get up try fight till your last breath why compromise if u love him   fight ur parents convince them show his quality and always criticize the partner which are chose by parents  

4th thing if u can never give up for ur love u have no right to love and play with boys lives 

i can understand ur pain bt a girl can never understand the pain of boy if he is true lover 
i can never think about any body else... she was my love is will...
i can't alive without her i know it 'very well she is doing scarify her love to sake her parents and doing engagement with their choice i am put away from her residence almost 50 km no source to get information about her she has done compromise with the heart  think that thing which i can never get why shall make efforts ... i will convince her parents till my last breath beg them with hanging cloth put my head in their foot use all my efforts if all of this they shall not agree they will lose their daughter ... i am already write i cant live without her 
both live will get end ...

i think love is not meant for scarify so why we will give up it for others who r not understanding us 

girls are requested plz don't love if u r not get stand even boy are proposing u ...  

akash08

IF-Dazzler

akash08

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
Rizzy,

How old are you? Can you support yourself financially? I guess these are the two important questions.

If you have completed your study and financially solvent .. I would guess best not to have contact with your boyfriend for some time.. Tell him that.. do not just stop doing this..

Sometimes at young age people can not differentiate between love and infatuation.. once grown up you would understand society, education, financial security, reputation etc. may as well be as important as love.

If you can cut the communication for sometime, you would be able to answer if this is just pure love or infatuation? You would know if you can live a life without him or not. If you find  that it is not possible for you to live without him, go and marry.. However, if you find life is not as miserable as you think today without him.. consider your parent's wish!!

Remember that they are not forcing you to marry someone of their choice. All they are saying let your partner be choice of them and as well you and I do not think it is impossible.

In summary, you need to evaluate how important this love is for you so that you can sacrifice your parent's happiness for this and to evaluate this, you must find a time of your own when you have no contact with your boyfriend. Unless this is done, all your decision will be emotional and blind and will only go one way!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Farzi.

saraswatarvind

saraswatarvind

Posted: 15 February 2013 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Dear sister,

dont worry..it is not very difficult..
dont panic.
u just start meditation continuosly repeat following day and night.

DHAN DHAN SATGURU TERA HI AASRA

Their is magic in these words. I have tried and realise

trupat1

Groupbie

trupat1

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
I know a girl actully close friend of mine. She loved this guy but her parents said no so broke up with her bf and married the guy that her parents chose ?? After few years of marriage she had an affair with another guy and tried to kill herself?? Why??? Because she was not happy. Right now she is living by herself and has no one. You really need to think about this because this will effect your future.
I also know a girl family friend, she wanted to marry a guy but her family refused so she goes behind their back and marries the guy traditionally and has court marriage she doesn't tell her family about this for six months. After six months when her family tried to marry her with someone, she told them that she is already married. She then left her home and started to live with her husband. She even went to police and made report that if anything happened to her or her husband's family then check her family first. After few months the girls family accepted her their relationship is slowly building.
Look if you can support yourself financially then you can fight with the whole world. Just make sure the guy that you love does not have any bad habits like smoking drinking etc. Also that he is willing support you and love you. Good luck

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Flora3333

Flora3333

IF-Sizzlerz

Flora3333

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Give your parents some time to deal with it... eventually they'll calm down when they'll see you're not happy without him. Because all that parents want for their children is their happiness.
If they have concern about your boyfriend's social status or something, try to make them realize he's a good guy and whatever they think about him isn't completely true.
Be patient and don't give up!

Flora3333

IF-Sizzlerz

Flora3333

Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by trupat1

I know a girl actully close friend of mine. She loved this guy but her parents said no so broke up with her bf and married the guy that her parents chose ?? After few years of marriage she had an affair with another guy and tried to kill herself?? Why??? Because she was not happy. Right now she is living by herself and has no one. You really need to think about this because this will effect your future.
I also know a girl family friend, she wanted to marry a guy but her family refused so she goes behind their back and marries the guy traditionally and has court marriage she doesn't tell her family about this for six months. After six months when her family tried to marry her with someone, she told them that she is already married. She then left her home and started to live with her husband. She even went to police and made report that if anything happened to her or her husband's family then check her family first. After few months the girls family accepted her their relationship is slowly building.
Look if you can support yourself financially then you can fight with the whole world. Just make sure the guy that you love does not have any bad habits like smoking drinking etc. Also that he is willing support you and love you. Good luck

Thumbs Up

anonymous28

anonymous28

Posted: 23 February 2013 at 2:04am | IP Logged
hey even i am in the same position right now i am a marwadi girl and ma bf is gujrati and ma mom dad are forcing me not to marry the guy just because he is gujrati i never forced them to accept the guy i said them u see the guy meet the family n then decide what you want but they just said no they have no reason to say no for the guy except for he is gujrati i dont know now what to do am really afraid and dont wanna loose him some1 plzz help me too

Edited by anonymous28 - 23 February 2013 at 2:05am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top