Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

HELP! My parents won't let me marry the guy I love (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

TAMANNA_LOVES

Goldie

TAMANNA_LOVES

Posted: 25 March 2012 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
as some1 already commented on how ur going to spend ur entire life with ur husband. true love comes/ happens only once, and the rest would be compromise, if i were u i wud chose my bf and wud marry him. parents will eventually accept u back, however, do u think ur bf will be always wid u and wud not leave u/ cheat u/ or anything of that manner?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HELP! My parents won't let me marry the guy I love (Page 2)" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rizzy

Rizzy

Posted: 22 April 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Waterbearer

Originally posted by xenots

Watch Kuch Toh Log Kahenge...I guess you will find some solution from it...
There are a lot of other important issues this girl has to attend to, rather than watching that daily soap, besides, the situation is different and it's not so much of reality.

@Topic Maker: Have you tried asking your boyfriend to speak toy your parents? Somehow I also think if this guy has a good reputation, comes from a decent family and you've tested him thick and thin and you're more than a 100% sure that he is the one, then you should somehow be able to bring this to your parents eyes. They'll be convinced eventually, they should trust and believe that their daughter was brought up to love someone her parents will like. I'm sure apart from caste and education (which he can do later as well) you're parents have no issues.

They are stretching this way too much though. Ouch

I have argued with them for hours and hours about this. They are way too worried about their reputation to listen :( My Dad warned me that if I decided to marry him then they will not attend my wedding and they will abandon me.

I feel horrible because I know that whichever decision I end up making, either I will lost my true love or I will lost my parents. I am 100% sure that my parents will cut me off if I decide to be with my true love.

I am so stressed out! :(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

iTangled_25

Rizzy

Rizzy

Posted: 22 April 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Has anyone been through this before or does anyone know of someone who has been through this before? I am still looking for advice.

I feel like whichever decision I make, I am going to end up losing one relationship. Either my parents will disown me or I will have to leave my true love for my parents happiness :(

Sars.

IF-Rockerz

Sars.

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
I know a friend who's been through this. It was so hard for her.

I mean your parents are not going to be living with the person.
Bring your BF to your parents house. And make sure they take a kind of Interview of him. Do whatever your heart tells you to do. I'm sure It will give you the right answer. I can understand how your feeling.

P.S PM me for more advice I'll tell you what my friend did & she has her parents & her husband.

bubble_14

bubble_14

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
hello there I'm new on this site, I don't know much about this site but your story has brought me here, I'm in a similiar situation.  I love my boyfriend alot & we want to get married but fate was not in our hands as he had an eye problem which kept him / disturbed his studies . he tried so hard to find a job because he knows he wants my parents to agree, my dad will agree but mom doesn't ... actually I don't want to say much about it as it's a very long story. all I can say is PRAY which ever religion you are . this is the only thing that will help, have courage sit down  with your family have a heart to heart discussion. if your parents love you, & know that he will keep you happy there love for you should be the reason to say yes.  you both ( your boyfriend & you) go to your parents the respectful way & keep trying & beg to them, they should understand eventually. my boyfriend & I have decided that  either I marry him or I die single.  I will not marry anyone else .

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rizzy

Originally posted by Waterbearer

Originally posted by xenots

Watch Kuch Toh Log Kahenge...I guess you will find some solution from it...
There are a lot of other important issues this girl has to attend to, rather than watching that daily soap, besides, the situation is different and it's not so much of reality.

@Topic Maker: Have you tried asking your boyfriend to speak toy your parents? Somehow I also think if this guy has a good reputation, comes from a decent family and you've tested him thick and thin and you're more than a 100% sure that he is the one, then you should somehow be able to bring this to your parents eyes. They'll be convinced eventually, they should trust and believe that their daughter was brought up to love someone her parents will like. I'm sure apart from caste and education (which he can do later as well) you're parents have no issues.

They are stretching this way too much though. Ouch

I have argued with them for hours and hours about this. They are way too worried about their reputation to listen :( My Dad warned me that if I decided to marry him then they will not attend my wedding and they will abandon me.

I feel horrible because I know that whichever decision I end up making, either I will lost my true love or I will lost my parents. I am 100% sure that my parents will cut me off if I decide to be with my true love.

I am so stressed out! :(
It's a hard decision, but you know what, you have to someday get married and go apart from your family, but then again, do you wanna get married to some guy whom your parents decide for you and live with him which you probably wont be doing with full dedication, or do you want to live with someone who'll keep you happy for as long as you live, your parents will do everything to stop you marrying him, but then again, if you go against them, no sane parent can abandon their children forever.

My point is, it's the decision that'll affect your entire life. Choose wisely.
You have to explain to your parents that you've made a wise choice for your life.

All the best Hug

theschooltiger

theschooltiger

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged
Hey ...

wht is the condition now.. are u guys still fighting with ur parents... or did u make any decision

-Nia-

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 1:01am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top