Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

TOI : Shailesh looking for a change

Armu4eva Coolbie

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 1:57am | IP Logged

Shailesh Lodha is looking for a change

IANS | Mar 2, 2012, 01.30PM IST
Shailesh Lodha
Actor Shailesh Lodha, popularly known as Tarak Mehta of the hit comedy show " Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma", is now interested in melodramatic shows where he can shed tears. 

"I get a lot of offers to do emotional roles but I am not able to do it because of the busy schedule. Now if I get such kind of a show in which I have to shed tears, I would definitely do that," Shailesh told IANS. 

"I would like to explore that side of my personality. I want to see how I look doing such kind of roles. In personal life, Shailesh Lodha is a very emotional person and I think I would be able to portray that emotion in the right way," he added. 

Shailesh, who hails from Rajasthan, is not only a fine actor, he is also a great stand-up comedian and a poet. His show "An Evening With Shailesh Lodha" is a very popular shows among poetry lovers. 

"Poetry will always remain my first love. I have been reciting poetry since the age of seven and people used to love me. I still do so for many stage shows. 'An Evening with Shailesh Lodha' is one of the most popular shows of poetry," said Shailesh, who has hosted TV shows like "Wah Wah", "Kya Baat Hai" and "Bahut Khoob". 

The actor also participated in popular stand-up comedy show "Comedy Circus - Dekhoge Toh Hasoge". 

"Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma" has been on air on Sab TV since 2008 and is still one of the most popular shows on TV. However, Shailesh admits that the competition on small screen is getting fierce. 

"There is cut throat competition these days. Mediocrity will not work at all, you have to be best, if you don't have that excellence in your product, nothing would work," he said. 

"Channels are getting impatient. If you are not producing good shows, you are out. I still remember the good old Doordarshan days - that time TV was very different," he added.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Womaniya- Senior Member

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged
thanks a lot for sharing Smile
misty85 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 02 March 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top