Punar Vivah

Article:Punar Vivaah - The Hidden Truth

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Roopal_ArDi

IF-Stunnerz

Roopal_ArDi

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 11:59am | IP Logged

Author's Note:The other day my friend Vela called and expressed her dissatisfaction with the ongoing track of 'Punar Vivaah', where Arti's father-in-law decides not to reveal to Yash's family about Arti's marital status. While I as a viewer would love to see her in-laws being truthful, I also perceive the twist in a slightly different manner and feel it is an integral part of the story. This write up is completely my interpretation about the characters and my understanding of the story which you may or may not agree with. Also it dwells more into the psyche of Aarti as a woman.

yash n arpita'Punar Vivaah'
or remarriage as we call it is the way of life today for both men and women. Like men, even women now exercise their right to choose a partner and give life a second chance. But, as simple as it may sound, the very fact that it's the "second" time makes it complicated.

Our protagonists Yash and Arti both are lonely souls at the moment, with kids to look after. However, there is a huge difference as far as their pasts are concerned. While untimely death takes Arpita away from Yash's life, Arti helplessly watches Prashant, the love of her life, abandon her and their unborn child.

arti n prashantLove can become the most hurtful emotion when it's not reciprocated. Prashant married Arti because he loved her. Arti being an orphan, felt blessed to have a Man like him in her life who made her feel complete. While Arti thought she is happily married, Prashant one fine day broke her myth by abandoning her for another woman. Arti is caught off-guard that the love of her life had fallen out of love with her and more so when she was pregnant with his child.

It is very difficult to believe that from being the One, you suddenly become No-One for that very person who promised to love you and stand by you through thick and thin. The thought "probably I am not good enough for him" pulls down a woman's self-esteem and she starts to believe that she is not worthy of being loved. She no longer wants to believe that life can be fair with her again. After all "once bitten twice shy." Moreover, it is hard to build trust once broken, whether it is in an existing relationship or a new one.

arti with sonArti has been hesitant about re-marriage, not only because as a mother she is concerned about her son, but also as a scorned woman, she is scared. Scared to depend on a man again, to trust again, fall in LOVE again, and to be hurt again. It's a typical defensive act of self-preservation.

Arti's life now revolves around Ansh but yesterday she got yet another blow. "Agar mere papa hote toh main kabhi nahi haarta." This statement made by an innocent Ansh, makes her feel she has failed in her role as a single parent and hence decides to get married, to give Ansh the father he craves for.

Punar-Vivah 2Punaar Vivaah is about not only celebrating life the second time, but eventually I guess it will also establish the fact that sometimes it's a blessing in disguise for the children who may end up with a loving set of parents. As apprehensive as Arti may be about Yash accepting Ansh and vice versa, what will finally draw her towards Yash is his unconditional love and bond towards her son.

By not revealing the truth about Arti's past now, the makers are leaving the loop open that will eventually be closed by the protagonists. There probably will come a point in the story when Prashant may come back to claim his son, while Yash's family may turn against Arti after knowing the truth about her past.

arti n yash 1It is then that Arti and Yash's relationship will truly undergo the test of time, where Yash will probably go against his family for Arti and Ansh and on the other hand, Arti too may tell Prashant that only Yash is the rightful father of her child.

Punar vivaah as I see it, is not only about a couple learning to love and accept each other for the sake of their children and ultimately finding a place in each other's heart, but also about the journey of love as a family against societal norms and baseless stigma attached to the terms divorcee and widows.

Swati Ghosh

Rangmunch.TV

source:

http://rangmunch.tv/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=386:punar-vivaah-the-hidden-truth-swati-ghosh&Itemid=517

Edited by roopalgupta - 01 March 2012 at 11:59am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

cheema_rmystifyreNandita1970gangstagal07pooji2012himabindu05SpunkyTigresslallulal2010virgo24sukriLuvStrk-001tellymeharshithaaaaaaaFallen AngelArYa_crazyluvpickachumisty85

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Article:Punar Vivaah - The Hidden Truth" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

misty85

IF-Stunnerz

misty85

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing.

blackb28

IF-Stunnerz

blackb28

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Thanks!

Indomitable

IF-Dazzler

Indomitable

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Great yaar, article gives us lot more info, now i can completely understand the total concept of this show... Eagerly waiting for all the flavors blooming between ArYa...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SpunkyTigress

SpunkyTigress

Cool Viewbie

SpunkyTigress

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

Wow...Thanks for sharing!!!!

I just can't wait for the marriage... And to see how yash will forget his first love and being to fall for some else...Can't to see how aarti & yash love story to kicks in..Smile

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
thnx for sharing

kinny_ranvir

Goldie

kinny_ranvir

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
thanx for sharing...

divorcee track is open for ARYA to realize their love for each other...

LuvStrk-001

IF-Dazzler

LuvStrk-001

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing!!!!Smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.