Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Kiyaa

Groupbie

Kiyaa

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 5:35am | IP Logged

Not sure if this Deccan Chronicle interview of Kunal and Aakansha was posted earlier. Haven't seen it here. Hence posting it. Couldn't resist commenting (in red) at certain places. Tongue Smile

Love blossoms between an unlikely pair

Love blossoms between an unlikely pair

These Indore walas are effectively using two chirpy little kids to generate a lot of interest during prime time. Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha on Colors has debuted on a refreshing note, and as the clich goes, it does have the hatke factor working in its favour. (Good to know the jurnos too agree with us LOL. Appreciate the endorsement Clap)

However, one would wonder what's so alluring about the saas bahu saga that most soap operas eventually succumb to its time-tested formula. (True Ermm. Hope this one doesn't succumb to the so called allure thoughDead)

Kunal Karan Kapoor, the male protagonist, responds, "Frankly, I can't make any tall claims. But at the moment I can assure you one thing; this serial will not follow the run-of-the-mill path, at least for the next few months." (Hug We hope so too Kunal. Not just for a few months but thru out the running time of the show).

Kunal has been around in the television industry for quite a while. He made his debut with Remix followed by Left Right Left and Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya. But he considers this role to be his big break, the exposure and appreciation so far, is meeting his expectations too. "In my previous serials I portrayed negative characters and I was keen to come out of the stereotype, Na Bole couldn't have happened at a better time," says the Mumbai based actor. Adding, "In fact, the character is actually an extension of my real self." (YES, we think so too!! The character seems SO YOUThumbs Up and that's what makes it so real and awesomely enjoyableApproveLOL)

In real life, if Kunal is the hands-on-cheeky, street-smart Mumbai guy, Akanksha Singh is a simple girl from Jaipur. It was her theatre background that played a vital role in the selection process. "My mother is actively involved in theatre and I followed in her footsteps. The audition for this role happened in Jaipur and it took a year for the serial to go to the sets. I am studying physiotherapy and I hope my academic pursuits are not hampered," she stresses. (The maturity and experience of a theatre actress does show. No one else would have been as suitable for this roleClap)

Talking about her character, where she plays a 28-year-old mother of two, she says, "It has been just two years since she (the character) lost her husband and was left alone. But more than the loss of her husband, what pained her was that a righteous man like him was wrongly defamed. Her motive now is to fight for justice for her husband. As the serial gains momentum it will portray the journey of this regular housewife, whose life revolved around the four walls of her home, to step out and become independent. I am 21 years old. Initially, it was difficult to slip into the character of an older woman, but the inhibition vanished within a short time." Both the actors agree that the kids bring a lot of positive energy to the set. "They call me mummy, even after the shots are canned," Akanksha says. (Awww Hugthat is cho chweet! Must be loads of fun to have such awesome kids around. Wld love to sneak in on the set and steal a peekTongueLOL)

Edited by Kiyaa - 01 March 2012 at 5:36am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

sujitmohantyzaramanyashikanabz8888anju011shanu4NeelimaSJmisty85-RadhaMohan---Udhay--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kunal-Aakansha Interview" in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

yashika

yashika

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged

Hope good 'word of mouth' continues to make this show popular and it enjoys good visibility and perception in the press as well as amongst viewers in general

Also, hope Colors continues to support it irrespective of the TRPs

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NeelimaSJ

NeelimaSJ

IF-Sizzlerz

NeelimaSJ

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged
TFS

It's a a good show with tremendous potential. Hope the CV's don't botch up the characters for TRP.
The good news is that it is managing to hold some amount of attention even with competitors like PV, BALH & MKAP.

Fingers crossed.

yashika

yashika

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nsylesh

TFS

It's a a good show with tremendous potential. Hope the CV's don't botch up the characters for TRP.
The good news is that it is managing to hold some amount of attention even with competitors like PV, BALH & MKAP.

Fingers crossed.

Yes, considering it is pitted against some high TRP shows like BALH and MKAP and PV, it is doing pretty good on the TRP front.

Hope good 'word of mouth' will help it further. Media support and positive exposure too could play a big role in getting it TOP OF THE MIND RECALL

NeelimaSJ

IF-Sizzlerz

NeelimaSJ

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yashika

Originally posted by nsylesh

TFS

Fingers crossed.

Yes, considering it is pitted against some high TRP shows like BALH and MKAP and PV, it is doing pretty good on the TRP front.

Hope good 'word of mouth' will help it further. Media support and positive exposure too could play a big role in getting it TOP OF THE MIND RECALL

I think CV's should take their time and build up the story constructively. With a proper storyline and great performances the show would definitely do well. Thankfully it is featured in SBB/SBS.

--Udhay--

IF-Stunnerz

--Udhay--

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Yes, I request the media, Colors channel and all viewers like us to encourage this show and increase the TRPs of the show.. In my opinion this show deserves to be the slot leader of 10:30PM.. The story, concept and packaging is excellent than the other shows of this slot.. Colors channel should do more publicity and come up with interesting promos for the show..

yashika

yashika

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Udhay

Yes, I request the media, Colors channel and all viewers like us to encourage this show and increase the TRPs of the show.. In my opinion this show deserves to be the slot leader of 10:30PM.. The story, concept and packaging is excellent than the other shows of this slot.. Colors channel should do more publicity and come up with interesting promos for the show..

Completely agree and endorse what you said Udhay!

Problem is, i have observed Colors channel promotes a show very aggressively before the launch. But after the launch, if the show does not open in the high TRP range it just gives up on it

They have an absolute winner in NBT. They should position it smartly and strategize effectively to capitalize on the goodwill it has generated so far amongst the audiences that sees it 

Continued aggressive marketing and promotions is the key here. Hope they have the required faith in the superiority of their own product and continue to push it

--Udhay--

Kiyaa

Groupbie

Kiyaa

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Udhay

Yes, the channel should focus on increased publicity in the relevant target segments using multi-ferous techniques. Anyone who sees this show would appreciate it. Its a matter of bringing in more audiences to see it and having them hooked on to the show

--Udhay--

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.