Posted: 12 years ago
It is not only children's birthday parties. But halloween where you have to buy fancy dresses, the parties your children get invited to and then new dresses have to be purchased so that they will not loose face for repeating the same partywear. And during christmas, they expect Santa's gifts even if they are not christians. The list is endless. And thats why mothers also work and chip in to fulfil all those wants and desires. To see happy faces of little children. Is there anything more rewarding?
Originally posted by Luv4games

after i watched the picture incident...i started relating with raashi more...i am also the middle child and while both my older and yonger bro have their baby pictures I dont have any...i have one picture when i was one and half...but my bros have their baby pics from when they were born...and in our culture there is a tradition that when the baby is 6 days old, there should be a grand party for them and my older bro had it...the younger one didnt but he had a grand first birthday and i didnt have anything like that...i mean i am not as hurt as raashi but i do give grieve to my family because of this just for fun...sometimes i do thank god for not giving me a sister...imagine if my older bro was a girl and then all the attention i would have to share with her lolll...i know some kids dont care but i guess there are sensitive ones like raashi...

And some sisters snatch boyfriends.😉
^^

🤣🤣 Reminds me of Rachel and her sister from Friends ! 🤣
Originally posted by rightnow

And some sisters snatch boyfriends.😉

👏 that thought definitely crossed my mind lol...i should be thanking my lucky stars
My parents have WAY more photos of my sister. The first child just gets all the attention. Between when I have 4- 7 my parents did not have a camera, so all the pcitures I do have are from school or other people's camera. I noticed this when I was 10, I was mad and hurt. I got over it.

I wanted contacts so badly when I was in highschool, but my parents told me to wait till I could pay for them. I got them when I was twenty. Now I am 23 and wear my glasses more because they look nice and way easier ( anyone who had glasses in the late nineties/early 2000's knows how hideous they use be!!! ( uggh..so glad some fashion has come into glasses, and they make them to suit people's face more) I love my glasses now.

My sister and I are best friends and worst enemies. We fight, we hurt each other ALL the time. But then we really need each other we are definitely there for each other. I can't imagine my life without her, we are allies against are parents sometime.

At the end of the day parents are human and make mistake. Jeet and Pinky should not have always celebrated it on Raavi's b-day should have switched around. Pinky pampered Raashi too much- yet ignored her feelings. Raavi is just being a teenage- difficult and childish. Pinky should try to make them understand each other- but she can't force them too.
I hope at the end of this all Rashi and Raavi  understand their parents problems and are good friends.

Originally posted by Savia

My parents have WAY more photos of my sister. The first child just gets all the attention. Between when I have 4- 7 my parents did not have a camera, so all the pcitures I do have are from school or other people's camera. I noticed this when I was 10, I was mad and hurt. I got over it.

I wanted contacts so badly when I was in highschool, but my parents told me to wait till I could pay for them. I got them when I was twenty. Now I am 23 and wear my glasses more because they look nice and way easier ( anyone who had glasses in the late nineties/early 2000's knows how hideous they use be!!! ( uggh..so glad some fashion has come into glasses, and they make them to suit people's face more) I love my glasses now.

My sister and I are best friends and worst enemies. We fight, we hurt each other ALL the time. But then we really need each other we are definitely there for each other. I can't imagine my life without her, we are allies against are parents sometime.

At the end of the day parents are human and make mistake. Jeet and Pinky should not have always celebrated it on Raavi's b-day should have switched around. Pinky pampered Raashi too much- yet ignored her feelings. Raavi is just being a teenage- difficult and childish. Pinky should try to make them understand each other- but she can't force them too.
I hope at the end of this all Rashi and Raavi  understand their parents problems and are good friends.

i totally agree with you...i got glasses when i was 14 and they were the cheap ugly ones but i didnt wear them much so it was ok...then when my vision got worst and i needed to have glasses all the time, I asked my mom for designer glasses so they look good and she told me to wait a while until there is extra money for it...after few months my mom agreed but my brother was against it coz he got jealous but i told them that i will wear it for years so no big deal and my mom and i had saved for it too...i wore those glasses for 4 years...when i was 18 i got contacts but it was too much work for me...i am very lazy in the mornings and glasses are much easier and stylish now...from the time i remember every time i want something i always wait and think about it and check whether my mom could afford it or not...i never demand stuff...my older bro is same as me...but gosh my younger bro is like ravi...if he says he wants something he has to get it that day or else all hell breaks lose...but then again my mom always listens to him so he is getting spoiled and over pampered...parents should make their kids understand about budgets and their financial state...because tomorrow if jeet loses his job again and raavi demands something and they cant get it she will do something stupid to get it...

i see pinky pampering her kids alot but she doesnt make them understand and when jeet gets strict she doesnt let him either and she defends the kids in front of them...that is not good because then the kids know they will get their way with her always...
i can se that raavi is going throu gh the teenage phase. at this age children want to be delt like grownups they think the are grownups. at this stage perants should become their friends and ask thier opinions not like the sweety does the dominating way.but believe me rashi is a spoilt brat she will give them so much problems after words. they have to sit down and talk and make them understand thier finacial problems. kids wants to be treated not like kid as grown ups at this age.Edited by zaina5 - 12 years ago