F.I.R

Banner Contest (Important Note Pg. 4)

Poll

Would you participate in a banner contest?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Please don't just vote. Also tell when you would participate as I know that everyone is busy. And please also tell how long you would want for the deadline. That is, 2 weeks from opening date, 3 weeks, or so on.

I would like to start a banner contest for this forum, but I require some more information.

Regards,

From the FIR Dev Team
Edited by khota_sikka_sri - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
If there was a banner contest, I would participate. I would want at least 2 weeks. I can participate at any time, however, please PM me when it starts.

(This is just an example of what you need to put down.)
dhinga1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'll start with - what exactly is a banner contest?

I am "artistically" challenged at the best of times... LOL But if it's easy - why not?
Minionite thumbnail
You may have seen banners in various other forums. When you open the forum, you will see on the top right hand corner a pic that represents the show. For example, for Forum Games they have the following:

It just represents the forum.
dhinga1 thumbnail
Not sure I follow. You are talking of the picture where CC is pointing upwards and Gopi is looking at what she's pointing at, as the banner?

What would the contest be about? Creating a banner with a theme?
Minionite thumbnail
If you look at the part I circled in red, that's where the banner goes. It's a creative way to show what the forum represents. It has more than just one pic and usually has the name FIR on it somewhere.

Now if you look at one for CID forum, you see something different in red. That is a banner.

Hope that helps.
dhinga1 thumbnail

Thanks for that post. It is now very clear to me what you meant by the banner.

Next silly q - how exactly do you (or I) create a banner. (Of course you will need the basic pics to "assemble" together. But what tool is used to assemble it?)

Also are there dimensions and other guidelines for banners?
SomethingRandom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Definitely i would participate ðŸ˜Š
Minionite thumbnail
Originally posted by: dhinga1

Thanks for that post. It is now very clear to me what you meant by the banner.

Next silly q - how exactly do you (or I) create a banner. (Of course you will need the basic pics to "assemble" together. But what tool is used to assemble it?)

Also are there dimensions and other guidelines for banners?

Hey your questions aren't silly. They're valid. I'll post all the details in the banner contest about the dimensions and guidelines. You can make the banner using any program: PowerPoint 2010, Paint, Photoshop, Word. Whatever you know how to use.
Daydreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sorry sri. I wont be able to.
I'd have loved to participate. But theres some problem regarding uploading images. 😔