F.I.R

Banner Contest (Important Note Pg. 4)

Poll Question: Would you participate in a banner contest?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [45.00%]
5 [25.00%]
6 [30.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
Please don't just vote. Also tell when you would participate as I know that everyone is busy. And please also tell how long you would want for the deadline. That is, 2 weeks from opening date, 3 weeks, or so on.

I would like to start a banner contest for this forum, but I require some more information.

Regards,

From the FIR Dev Team

Edited by khota_sikka_sri - 03 March 2012 at 9:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Tamanna

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Banner Contest (Important Note Pg. 4)" in F.I.R forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
If there was a banner contest, I would participate. I would want at least 2 weeks. I can participate at any time, however, please PM me when it starts.

(This is just an example of what you need to put down.)

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
I'll start with - what exactly is a banner contest?

I am "artistically" challenged at the best of times... LOL But if it's easy - why not?

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
You may have seen banners in various other forums. When you open the forum, you will see on the top right hand corner a pic that represents the show. For example, for Forum Games they have the following:

It just represents the forum.

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
Not sure I follow. You are talking of the picture where CC is pointing upwards and Gopi is looking at what she's pointing at, as the banner?

What would the contest be about? Creating a banner with a theme?

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
If you look at the part I circled in red, that's where the banner goes. It's a creative way to show what the forum represents. It has more than just one pic and usually has the name FIR on it somewhere.

Now if you look at one for CID forum, you see something different in red. That is a banner.

Hope that helps.

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

Thanks for that post. It is now very clear to me what you meant by the banner.

Next silly q - how exactly do you (or I) create a banner. (Of course you will need the basic pics to "assemble" together. But what tool is used to assemble it?)

Also are there dimensions and other guidelines for banners?

..MissBindaas..

IF-Addictz

..MissBindaas..

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Definitely i would participate Smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.