Punar Vivah makes dull viewing!!

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys read this article...Its annoying yaar
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/tv-review-punar-vivaah-makes-dull-viewing/ 

TV review: 'Punar Vivaah' makes dull viewing

By Asha Mahadevan

We watched six episodes, hoping to be able to say something positive about the show, but'

Imagine this: A sad tall guy is in his room whose walls are lined with his dead wife's framed photographs. He talks to one photo, moves across the room, talks to another photo, moves again and talks to a third photo. That's how our male lead Yash Scindia (Gurmeet Choudhary) expresses his thoughts to us. What he doesn't express is why he has to keep moving. Something wrong with the photographs? Such inane questions popped in our heads as we watched six whole episodes of Zee TV's new show, Punar Vivaah. You can tell how'engrossing' the storyline was if our thoughts could stray so easily.

Oh yes, the storyline. Aarti (Kratika Sengar), a mother of a young boy, lives with her in-laws even though her husband has divorced her and moved out of the house. Her mother-in-law Shobha loves her like she was her own daughter and wants to see Aarti happily married again. Yash is the middle son of the wealthy Scindia family. Yash's wife died three years before the story begins and left him with two toddler girls. Yash doesn't want to marry anyone, but agrees that his girls need a mother. There are a few clichd instances where Yash and Aarti almost accidentally meet. We know they were meant to tug at our heartstrings, but instead of going aww, we went yaawwn.

That's not the only thing that put us off the show. Shobha repeatedly says that they will never hide the fact that Aarti is a divorcee with a child, as there's nothing wrong with that. Agreed. But when Yash's mother talks to them about the alliance and makes it very clear that they don't mind a widow, but are against divorcees for their son, Shobha listens to her husband and doesn't reveal the truth.  She lets Mrs Scindia get the impression that Aarti is a widow. It is unconvincingly out of character for a woman who till then has been portrayed as a strong, broad-minded person.

Then there's Aarti, supposedly a beautiful, capable, kind woman, but she comes across as being a stupid and an arrogant one, who can't even say 'thank you' to a guy for helping her. Yash is said to be more internal and reserved, still bearing the pain of his wife's death, but we are yet to catch even one expression of Gurmeet's to support this claim. The show asks the question: can a marriage survive when it is founded on a lie. We ask the producers the question: can you build a fan base on the foundation of such unsympathetic characters?

Edited by anu93 - 12 years ago
^^ Such biased review doesnt deserve any comments😊. Punar Vivah did very good in first week, and hopefully would keep improving.
Tell the person who wrote this BIASED review that PV got 2.6 TRP in the first week!

Whether you like it or not but WE LOVE IT!

Exactly yaar Mandy... I'm feeling like kicking that  writer😑😑. This is such an interesting story how can they say that its dull family drama. 
It takes some time to build chemistry between the lead pairs. The show has just started so reviewers should have patience before writing off the serial. It has a unique storyline and it may take some time to develop interest. πŸ˜Š
If the best thing they found to crticise is the fact that Yash moved around while doing is monologue (god forbid), I think the truth somehow speaks for itself. πŸ˜‰

Haters will hate. πŸ€”

WE, on the other hand, will sit back and enjoy the show (and its success). 😎
Kisne likha yeh ...that person seemed alien πŸ˜†  πŸ˜‘
I personally love this show so far and so does my mom, my sister, and my grandma! I don't know what the article is referring to but this show has a pretty good fan following for the first week. I bet as the story progresses their will be an increase in fans and trps. I don't know about all of you people out there but out of all the shows I watch IPKKND and PV are my favorite.
... its awesome show and its gonna take time before it create supper effects on its viewers.
I don't care about what others say, the only thing works for me is TRP and its 2.6 and I am happy and I am LOVING this show!

To hell with every DAMN person! πŸ˜†