India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Kartik Khanna - The Black Sheep!

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 12:53am | IP Logged

A very small character dissection of Kartik Khanna.

Exceptionally interesting character, Mr. Kartik Khanna is! At first glance, everyone gets a feeling that it's an outright negative character, who is unquestionably jealous of his younger brother's success and also suffers from an inferiority complex due to the family's or rather Naina's attitude and behavior towards him.

But go deeper and there's more than meets the eye! Kartik, I feel is a multi-layered character, similar to Angad in this way, but different from him, because Kartik is a much more introverted person than Angad is and hence, bottles up a lot of things inside his heart. All those who have followed the serial regularly till now, would have noticed that Kartik is the singular reason along with Dadi, who are responsible for Kripa staying put in Bombay! Wonder why, he surely doesn't seem to like Kripa too much, but at the same time, he has not demonstrated any outright dislike for her, unlike say Naina or Anita. Kartik is just intrigued and annoyed by her due to some reason, but he is not hostile towards her!

Anyone in Kartik's place would become the way he has, being the eldest son of the family, he should have atleast been given some amount of respect and value in the family, but everyone treats him casually and the worst part, end up comparing him with Angad, which is so unfair….obviously, Mrs. Khanna does not know the ABC of Good Parenting and does not realize that everyone cannot be a superstar, and for one person to be successful, 10 have to be average for the successful one to shine brightly!

Also, I found it very strange why Kartik deliberately took Kripa to the Studio, as if, he wanted Angad and Kripa to meet up somehow, there was no reason for him to, first offer to drop Kripa to the Academy and then offer to show her around the Studio!

Angad and Kartik's relation also sounds very fascinating! Both of them are as different as Chalk from Cheese, and the fact that Angad being the younger one, is far more successful and famous than his elder sibling, would be a bone of contention between them. Also, Naina seems to lavish all attention along with the other family members (except perhaps Dilip, who seems to have a soft spot for Kartik) on Angad, which must irritate Kartik like anything. And considering that Kartik seems to be the responsible, mature, independent, guy handling the business side of the Khanna empire, he must be viewing Angad as a free-spirit, good-for-nothing bloke, who has just had it real lucky in life (which we all know is not true, but this is Kartik's point of view) Angad on the other hand, would be quite rude and blunt with Kartik, taking it from Naina and would probably not care one hoot for him!

I don't know why, this is just a gut feeling, no logic attached to this one, but I feel that Kartik will be the one along with Alia and Dadi who would support Kripa later on, or atleast Kartik would sympathize deeply with Angad, once Kripa refuses to come back into his life.

All in all, I feel that Kartik is a grey character, neither good nor bad, and at the most, even if he does not support Kripa or Angad for that matter, he will not harm them either!

Chilly!

sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 1:52am | IP Logged

maybe you're rite chilly... its impossible to have an outright black character... there have to shades to him... we probably haven't seen these facets, that's all... and i agree... he's neither supportive nor hostile towards kripa...

this just reminds me of 'julius caesar' in school... i loved doing these character analyses and what i've learnt through it all is that no one is perfect not even the idealistic, honourable, noble, upright, honest Brutus... he was stubborn, had a huge ego and the list goes on... similarly, the seemingly tyrannical Caesar may have been dominating, cruel, powerful, greedy etc but he was also a family man who loved his wife dearly, he was also a kind, hospitable individual who valued friendship greatly...

so, i say, that it's not possible for anyone to be completely bad... even naina... even anita... there must be sumthing good about them...

tho i can't imagine just what...WinkWink

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Chilly...I was only just thinking about writinbg a similar post on Karthik.Karthik is complex, just like Angad.Khanansa are a family only in name...Naina is nuts about Angad ,the rockstar, the money-minting machine.Koi ma-beta angle seems difficult. Karthik may support Angad and Kripa later on..as u said , he keeps things bottled up.He may have love for his younger brother but it's stained by hurtful envy.Quite possible,hmmm.

Even am wondering why did Karthik take Kripa to the studio?

DOMINUS VOBISCUM SPIRITUO TUO.

Take care,
GOD BLESS EVERYONE,
nitica.
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 4:19am | IP Logged
I agree with u totally Chilly......u wont believe i was just having the same thoughts after i watched yesterday's episode........
Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 5:55am | IP Logged
same here but i think karthik has a soft spot for kripa.
kool*kariya* Goldie
kool*kariya*
kool*kariya*

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 10:58am | IP Logged
i agree chilly he is a grey chracter and i also think later on he will support kirpa
*Rani* Groupbie
*Rani*
*Rani*

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 9:43am | IP Logged

HI

as i have watched this show from the start i feel what chillyflakes is sayin is true nd that kartik is the outcome of a very bad nd neglected childhood

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top