Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: laddoo598

eveline you come up with the most wonderful posts..As far as I am concerned, its not about the glass being half full or half empty..There will always be contrasting views, each episode will elicit different reactions from different people, some will like it, some will hate it..But what saddens me is the mud slinging going on in the forum..There is no reason to be condescending or look down on someone simple because your views don't match..Why can't we all learn to respect each others POVs?

condescending...rude...obnoxious...ridiculed...u name it we have it...the psuedo intelligentsia are on a rampage...and the ones calling this fiction are hypocrites (not kidding...just read it a post)...can we get worse??? Edited by eveline - 12 years ago
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Eveline...at the risk of actually trying to understand the charactor of a fictional personality that is subject to the immaginations of a mind quite unknown to me and also prone to lapses influenced by a capitalistic mkt and memory...
I get what you are saying ASR comes with a lot of shades of grey...which are overshadowed by the hero worship of Barun...
A not so nice person packaged in a drool worthy packaging...and yes the tiger without the stripes analogy...
He has his past, he is the ever brooding Heathcliff, the self made tycoon with a maternal soft corner and sis sentiment ruling his world...and yet he has a very pleasant side to him that is waiting to see light and only the trials of a very vivacious women who can empathise with his past can help him .

Yet some of the circumstances did contradict even his civilities (and there is when his charactor traits are on trial..again consistancy is not a given)...
The drama cannot take its part without touching on areas sensitive to audience and it does ...but has to be mindfull that it also reiterates a balance.
Milking tears for the sake of drama trp has its own downward spiral and I think that is where it touches on peoples sensitivities...

My take is a show is a success when it evokes such passion from its audience be it +ve or -ve...
I think however maturity alludes some when it comes to taking opinions personally...

a classic was one person who was protesting the so called bashing of ASR and proclaimed I cant take it any more he is only human????????????

I like your posts and am amused that we seem to be on the same road but sometimes at diff signals...yet able to catch up at the next...who is to say who is right and wrong when it comes to opinions and charactor analysis and show judgement...
I am quite taken by this platform where I can discuss (may be heated sometimes) my views with a person who sometimes agrees and sometimes does not...without throwing things (that I will save for the hubby)

Suffice to say ASR in his journey...will take the path his creator deals him and in that course of time many of us will fall in and out of love with him. He might and he might not lose those stripes...and still we will fall in and out of love with him...not all at the same time

LadyLaLa thumbnail

Well said.. πŸ‘ but from the time I joined the forum, I have seen the two fractions in existence... so to me, this is nothing new... We complain when the going gets tough and drool when it gets better... we are whimsical fans 😊

I must admit I am new to the serial world and have not followed many serials as I did not have the time (busy studying) I truly assumed this serial to be different from the rest as that is how it was touted to be... I feel cheated when I see no logic behind some of the decisions taken by the characters or their illogical behaviour. ...  Yes  the fault lies in me for expecting it to reflect real life...

but hey as you pointed out it's a work of fiction and we should accept it come what may... I would politely disagree... even in schools or in Book clubs, we  analyse the characters of Charles Dickens & Shakespeare or any other author... so I don't see this any different from what was done in there... we are discussing the characters and their characterisations... I guess it is the way we voice our opinion that matters...

Sure we have interpreted the same scenes differently... but wasn't that bound to happen since there are different age groups from different backgrounds? We all view the situation as per our understanding, experience and knowledge ...

This forum was created to air our opinions be they negative or positive. So I see no harm or take offence to either opinion so long as it does not get personal...

If we are meant to watch the serial quietly without criticism, LM would not have set up a FB account asking for feedback. ..  Nor the channels ask us to vote on polls... This means our opinions count..

Some are optimists and some are pessimists there's no harm in it... in fact for a good team structure you will need both kinds 😊
Edited by LadyLaLa - 12 years ago
eveline thumbnail
πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: tangam

@ Eveline...at the risk of actually trying to understand the charactor of a fictional personality that is subject to the immaginations of a mind quite unknown to me and also prone to lapses influenced by a capitalistic mkt and memory...

I get what you are saying ASR comes with a lot of shades of grey...which are overshadowed by the hero worship of Barun...
A not so nice person packaged in a drool worthy packaging...and yes the tiger without the stripes analogy...
He has his past, he is the ever brooding Heathcliff, the self made tycoon with a maternal soft corner and sis sentiment ruling his world...and yet he has a very pleasant side to him that is waiting to see light and only the trials of a very vivacious women who can empathise with his past can help him .

Yet some of the circumstances did contradict even his civilities (and there is when his charactor traits are on trial..again consistancy is not a given)...
The drama cannot take its part without touching on areas sensitive to audience and it does ...but has to be mindfull that it also reiterates a balance.
Milking tears for the sake of drama trp has its own downward spiral and I think that is where it touches on peoples sensitivities...

My take is a show is a success when it evokes such passion from its audience be it +ve or -ve...
I think however maturity alludes some when it comes to taking opinions personally...
a classic was one person who was protesting the so called bashing of ASR and proclaimed I cant take it any more he is only human????????????

I like your posts and am amused that we seem to be on the same road but sometimes at diff signals...yet able to catch up at the next...who is to say who is right and wrong when it comes to opinions and charactor analysis and show judgement...
I am quite taken by this platform where I can discuss (may be heated sometimes) my views with a person who sometimes agrees and sometimes does not...without throwing things (that I will save for the hubby)

Suffice to say ASR in his journey...will take the path his creator deals him and in that course of time many of us will fall in and out of love with him. He might and he might not lose those stripes...and still we will fall in and out of love with him...not all at the same time

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..hey u made my post worthwhile...if we can agree to disagree respecfully that says a lot about us...yes..we do travel the sam path...stop at different signals...sometimes take different routes to meet at one point on the road...but what we earn are friends...that we can respect...a healthy relationship...a discussion wherein some grey cells...and some heart cells are warmed up too...and thats where i want us to be...u know u have made me see the same things with a different perspective...and i have enjoyed that view too...wish this open minded pleasure was not denied to so many of our forum members...
CravingKhana thumbnail
Originally posted by: eveline

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..hey u made my post worthwhile...if we can agree to disagree respecfully that says a lot about us...yes..we do travel the sam path...stop at different signals...sometimes take different routes to meet at one point on the road...but what we earn are friends...that we can respect...a healthy relationship...a discussion wherein some grey cells...and some heart cells are warmed up too...and thats where i want us to be...u know u have made me see the same things with a different perspective...and i have enjoyed that view too...wish this open minded pleasure was not denied to so many of our forum members...

Are we right about now patting ouselves on our virtual backs!!!!!!...If we were in power I guess the legue of nations would never have failed...and therefore we would not have a UN that has endless discussions and has the power to chang zilch...(now does that not sound too close to home...Forum people listening...)
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
 Loved your post and well said.I am just watching this show to see where it is heading.

Even though I was against this marriage track, but since this has happened. So I am going to watch this track as I like both the leads and understand from both where they are coming from.

If ASR was goody goody hero this would have put me off. I like hero's who have grey shades and as well the heroine. 

Can not relate to heroine who do not make mistakes as if they are some saints.

Sometimes I had problem with Khushi's characterization, because the age they have shown is 19 years old and who is clueless about the harsh world and the decision she make for eg. Of not letting ASR know about Shaym, does not gel. 

Now some people are making fun of the bond of Arnav and Anjali. Calling them psycho. 

They refuse to understand that what you experience in your childhood or teens shape up your adult life and this is a fact.

How do they think those people who become serial killers, sociopath. Their traumatic and abusive childhood creates those people.

No one is born ASR they are made into one by society. 
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyLaLa

Well said.. πŸ‘ but from the time I joined the forum, I have seen the two fractions in existence... so to me, this is nothing new... We complain when the going gets tough and drool when it gets better... we are whimsical fans 😊

I must admit I am new to the serial world and have not followed many serials as I did not have the time (busy studying) I truly assumed this serial to be different from the rest as that is how it was touted to be... I feel cheated when I see no logic behind some of the decisions taken by the characters or their illogical behaviour. ...  Yes  the fault lies in me for expecting it to reflect real life...

but hey as you pointed out it's a work of fiction and we should accept it come what may... I would politely disagree... even in schools or in Book clubs, we  analyse the characters of Charles Dickens & Shakespeare or any other author... so I don't see this any different from what was done in there... we are discussing the characters and their characterisations... I guess it is the way we voice our opinion that matters...

Sure we have interpreted the same scenes differently... but wasn't that bound to happen since there are different age groups from different backgrounds? We all view the situation as per our understanding, experience and knowledge ...

This forum was created to air our opinions be they negative or positive. So I see now harm or take offence to either opinion so long as it does not get personal...

If we are meant to watch the serial quietly without criticism, LM would not have set up a FB account asking for feedback. ..  Nor the channels ask us to vote on polls... This means our opinions count..

Some are optimists and some are pessimists there's no harm in it... in fact for a good team structure you will need both kinds 😊

yes...there have always been difference of opinions and always will be...and as u rightly point out that makes life interesting...for me thats the fun of it...If i just wanted to see things my way..then why join a forum...the fun is to see things in a different way...and enjoy that view too...
My issue is not with criticism ...never was...i have done that in the past too...but i am against ridicule...i feel there are better ways to discuss things than to get vitriolic or too unbearably sarcastic...when u make fun of a way of thinking..lets face it ..u are also making fun of the followers of that line of thought...

You maybe right in your own appraisals and opinions...why ridicule the others point of view..cant we be critical without being bitter...

Day in and day out...there are certain factions of viewers who take great pleasure in making fun of the characters...of the show...of the creatives...its okay if its positvie criticism...but its reached a stage when u look at their names and u know...oh its the same brand of witty sarcasm...bitter and vitriolic...let me ask u one thing...dont they have anything good to say...at all...how do u cope with ppl...who always have to crib..heck not one good thing to say...ever...??

And LM asks for feedback...what he gets it something totally different...our opinions should be just that..opinions...and wht matters is the way they are worded...if they offend..they are no longer opinions...
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunflower52

Loved your post and well said.I am just watching this show to see where it is heading.

Even though I was against this marriage track, but since this has happened. So I am going to watch this track as I like both the leads and understand from both where they are coming from.

If ASR was goody goody hero this would have put me off. I like hero's who have grey shades and as well the heroine. 

Can not relate to heroine who do not make mistakes as if they are some saints.

Sometimes I had problem with Khushi's characterization, because the age they have shown is 19 years old and who is clueless about the harsh world and the decision she make for eg. Of not letting ASR know about Shaym, does not gel. 

Now some people are making fun of the bond of Arnav and Anjali. Calling them psycho. 

They refuse to understand that what you experience in your childhood or teens shape up your adult life and this is a fact.

How do they think those people who become serial killers, sociopath. Their traumatic and abusive childhood creates those people.

No one is born ASR they are made into one by society. 

this show attracted some intelligent viewers coz of ASR's character...its out and out grey...and has been from day one...it has layers of darkness to it..initially we loved it..but now...we want him to be the quessential hero...the dream lover...and we get disgruntled when he refuses to toe the line...he is what he is...he is wrong...he is flawed...he is inhuman...and we have accept him the way he is...he is not a puppet ...he is a character...we cannot perforce change him into a knight ...yes he mistreats Khushi...whats new??? Today we find it unbearable...??? Edited by eveline - 12 years ago
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Originally posted by: eveline

yes...there have always been difference of opinions and always will be...and as u rightly point out that makes life interesting...for me thats the fun of it...If i just wanted to see things my way..then why join a forum...the fun is to see things in a different way...and enjoy that view too...

My issue is not with criticism ...never was...i have done that in the past too...but i am against ridicule...i feel there are better ways to discuss things than to get vitriolic or too unbearably sarcastic...when u make fun of a way of thinking..lets face it ..u are also making fun of the followers of that line of thought...

You maybe right in your own appraisals and opinions...why ridicule the others point of view..cant we be critical without being bitter...

Day in and day out...there are certain factions of viewers who take great pleasure in making fun of the characters...of the show...of the creatives...its okay if its positvie criticism...but its reached a stage when u look at their names and u know...oh its the same brand of witty sarcasm...bitter and vitriolic...let me ask u one thing...dont they have anything good to say...at all...how do u cope with ppl...who always have to crib..heck not one good thing to say...ever...??

And LM asks for feedback...what he gets it something totally different...our opinions should be just that..opinions...and wht matters is the way they are worded...if they offend..they are no longer opinions...

Agree ... even criticism should be delivered gently 😊 Some like to have some fun when there is too much sadness in the serial... we have seen some tongue-in-cheek posts even when the serial was high flying... Yes, there is no harm in having fun as long as it is not at the expense of the feelings of others... 😊
eveline thumbnail
@lala...oh i njoy the wit.😊.and the tongue in cheekπŸ˜‰...infact they are my favs...coz they make my day...lately...everytime i go there...its...bitter and leaves a bad taste in my mouth...plus the responses such posts elicit are...unbearable for a better word...so...just wondering...isn't this brand of humour getting too repetitive and too dark ??πŸ˜‰