Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The glass is half empty or half full... (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 15

CravingKhana

IF-Sizzlerz

CravingKhana

Posted: 28 February 2012 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Hi Eveline
I think your ans is in yor question...diff people take diff things out of it. Some love it some hate some shout foul and I guess this is a good a place as any to air that...
Reel often depicts real and real can often be much worse than reel (scince it does not have to face trps and sencor boards)...
but reel does have a far reach in audience and when it touches sensitive subjects with design or inadvertantly they need to tread with care as they might break out a can of worms...

As part of the crowd that did dvelve intot the realm of  the greater meaning behind certain scenes that seem to portray ugly everyday situations and the capacity to glamorise same...

I have to state that once in a while indepth discussions and serious rethinking of social norms and its digressions is healthy and if it takes reel to instigate it then Hail (pardon the pun)...

true there are many real life situations but we are all not privy to it and most times fail to recognise the signs...
Reel gives you that perspective where you are able to drool at a nother couple making out (without being called a pervert) and judge behaviour...without the neccessity to act on it...to change your moral stand point because you have had the insider detail that you may never have been able to witness til it was too late...

So while I believe the truth does not exist it is good to understand the many truths that are out there and if it takes fine entertainment to do so then who are we to stand in the way...

besides the forum does bring out the best and worst in all of us as we battle our way thru understanding some battle with wit others with not so much finnesse...but all gaurded by anonimity 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

optimussAmudha_AryaJShuklaLurvebooksasha...evelinetvshowfan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The glass is half empty or half full... (Page 3)" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sienna..

IF-Dazzler

Sienna..

Posted: 28 February 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Always half full. I'm sure there have been much worse shows on tv which show even more rubbish than this show does. Arnav's fake husband mode hasn't gelled with some but i found it entertaining and as long as i continue to like something or the other about this show then i'll continue to watch. Life needs to be taken seriously but a show on tv.. not so much=)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Amudha_Aryalovelyeveline

yanka

Goldie

yanka

Originally posted by eveline

Originally posted by yanka

:) a much needed post... i just hope and pray that we get back to where we were in the beginning... loving IPKKND... and being with it through all its phases... 
between i was really relieved to see an episode which did not have too much melodrama... am sure tom. will be a different story... as evident from the tagline... asr will be out on the road looking for khushi... another accident scene repeated?... i wish...
yanka...i am unable to understand ..how did this forum get here...from addicts who used to love discussing every scene in detail to...critiques who criticise every action in detail????

am clueless... when did this serial become a reflection on real life... i have no clue... this is fiction... things need to be dramatised a bit... why are we taking everything to heart... and getting divided and shredding each episode... as you said its all in the beholder's eye and perception... and to each his own... but it still saddens me to see the forum divided like this...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Amudha_Aryaeveline

eveline

IF-Rockerz

eveline

Originally posted by Josupra

Originally posted by eveline

Originally posted by ArShi-R-no.1

For me the glass is half full. I love it this track is only ever going to bring them closer. Arnav may have been acting but I'm sure he enjoyed it lol, not long until he does actually mean it.
arrey ...after a looonnng time...i had a smile on my face...got a few laffs out of the show...but i had the misfortune of stepping in this forum and visiting a post...my mind got fused...Dead
I am in the same boat eveline. I know he is treating her bad blah blah blah.. but he thinks she is wrong.. can't we just keep it aside as husband & wife tiffs & more over it is a fiction.  I got few laughs out of the episode today.. came to the forum saw a particular post & phusss, my fuse is gone.. I think it is better not to come to the forum for some days & just enjoy the show.
lately the negativity is too much to handle...it has absolutely put me off...just dont feel like visiting the forum anymore...maybe i should give up and not visit at all...

-sylph-

IF-Sizzlerz

-sylph-

Posted: 28 February 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Absolutely love ur posts these days.. 

Honestly i watch a show for entertainment, their are times when few character's piss me off and i criticize in a decent way but never go overboard with serious discussions .. I wud just cut it as this is a fictional show.. 

Im nt even gonna talk about abuses or anything as even before i give a opinion ppl almost that BS fans, ASR fans, ASR droolers are blind supporters and are against women.. They cant see anything beyond his hotness.. Like really??Wacko Its nt worth sharing views when few have that feeling.. 

How long would this show be another year or two.. I would just watch the show for entertainment as long as i feel its worth watching and as long as it draws my attention.. I wouldnt get geared up on a tv show or a character and start hating the character and ask for the character's death or anything like it.. Fiction and reality are different, there are no ASR in real, their is no Kushi in real, heck their is no Anjali also in real.. LOL 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Amudha_AryaprathikrilovelyIshii99evelinespicySugar..

eveline

IF-Rockerz

eveline

Posted: 28 February 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tangam

Hi Eveline
I think your ans is in yor question...diff people take diff things out of it. Some love it some hate some shout foul and I guess this is a good a place as any to air that...
Reel often depicts real and real can often be much worse than reel (scince it does not have to face trps and sencor boards)...
but reel does have a far reach in audience and when it touches sensitive subjects with design or inadvertantly they need to tread with care as they might break out a can of worms...

As part of the crowd that did dvelve intot the realm of  the greater meaning behind certain scenes that seem to portray ugly everyday situations and the capacity to glamorise same...

I have to state that once in a while indepth discussions and serious rethinking of social norms and its digressions is healthy and if it takes reel to instigate it then Hail (pardon the pun)...

true there are many real life situations but we are all not privy to it and most times fail to recognise the signs...
Reel gives you that perspective where you are able to drool at a nother couple making out (without being called a pervert) and judge behaviour...without the neccessity to act on it...to change your moral stand point because you have had the insider detail that you may never have been able to witness til it was too late...

So while I believe the truth does not exist it is good to understand the many truths that are out there and if it takes fine entertainment to do so then who are we to stand in the way...

besides the forum does bring out the best and worst in all of us as we battle our way thru understanding some battle with wit others with not so much finnesse...but all gaurded by anonimity 
well said...a very balanced response...but then whats with the tunnel vision...as u said once in a while intelligent discussions are welcome...but ...dragging the flag of liberation and associating it with the minutest of actions...does reek of taking things a bit too far...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lovelyprathikri-sylph-CravingKhana

eveline

IF-Rockerz

eveline

Posted: 28 February 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankifan

Absolutely love ur posts these days.. 

Honestly i watch a show for entertainment, their are times when few character's piss me off and i criticize in a decent way but never go overboard with serious discussions .. I wud just cut it as this is a fictional show.. 

Im nt even gonna talk about abuses or anything as even before i give a opinion ppl almost that BS fans, ASR fans, ASR droolers are blind supporters and are against women.. They cant see anything beyond his hotness.. Like really??Wacko Its nt worth sharing views when few have that feeling.. 

How long would this show be another year or two.. I would just watch the show for entertainment as long as i feel its worth watching and as long as it draws my attention.. I wouldnt get geared up on a tv show or a character and start hating the character and ask for the character's death or anything like it.. Fiction and reality are different, there are no ASR in real, their is no Kushi in real, heck their is no Anjali also in real.. LOL 
heck...but theres a real u and a real me..LOL...and the way we look at things...Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-sylph-

meens80

IF-Dazzler

meens80

Posted: 28 February 2012 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Wonderful post!
You are bang on about this story turning into a love-hate saga on the forum. This is fiction. It is the creatives story and they have a right to tell it any way they want. I agree about it being the way one looks to perceive the scene as well. If you have made up your mind that this is wrong you will never enjoy it. It is important to give the story a chance to unfold.
And yes ASR is a grey character with very dark shades. But this is his story and we cannot dictate what we want to and do not want to see. I think they are showing what they are for a reason and it is all going to play out well soon. Lets not be too judgmental and give it a chance!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Amudha_Aryasunflower52Infofan-sylph-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top