|| Mythological Masti Pictures Gallery#3 || - Page 37

Posted: 10 years ago

EPISODE 212

Krishna commands Kaliya to leave the waters of the Yamuna. But Kaliya objects, fearing that Garuda will kill him as soon as he leaves the river's shelter. Krishna assures him that Garuda will do no such thing when he sees the imprint of his master's, Shri Krishna's, feet on Kaliya's hood. And with that, Krishna climbs on his head. Meanwhile, the residents of Gokul have gathered around the river's edge. They soon see a defeated Kaliya emerging from the water with a dancing Krishna on his hood. The entire universe is jubilant and joins Krishna, even Lord Shiva dances on Mount Kailash.

After that, Lord Shiva asks Lord Bramha about Kaliya. Lord Bramha explains that Kaliya was a great rishi, Rishi Devasarare, in his past life. One day, he was meditating in the forest when another rishi, Rishi Ashwasarare, came upon that spot in the forest and thought that it would be the perfect place for him to meditate. They both fought over the meditation spot, and then cursed each other. Ashwasarare cursed Devasarare to become a snake, and Devasarare cursed Ashwasarare to become a crow. Vishnu appeared in front of them and reprimanded them for fighting like unenlightened common men, and they both apologized. Lord Vishnu, the always merciful one, agreed to help them. He couldn't remove their curses, but he promised that Ashwasarare would be an enlightened crow in his next life (probably as Bhushandi) and get to serve his next incarnation, Shri Raam. Devasarare would be reincarnated as a many-headed snake, but would get to meet Shri Krishna.

(Now, I remember most of it from watching it back in 2009, but I don't understand Tamil all that well, so I wasn't able to catch his name as the rishi, nor the other rishi's name. When Krishna was talking to the past version of Kaliya, and when Lord Bramha said his name, he called him Rishi Devasarare. But the "sarare" might just be a title in Tamil because the other rishi was called Ashwasarare. Or, I could be totally wrong and their names could be something totally different.)

Edited by AishuHiBawari - 10 years ago
Thanks for the pics, Aishu! The Kaliya Mardhan story has always been one of my favorites from Krishna Leela. The technology used by Sagar Pictures in this scene is pretty nice!

Btw, why do I feel like this actor is recycled from ASR? 😳 Was he by any chance Agastya rishi?

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Thanks for the pics, Aishu! The Kaliya Mardhan story has always been one of my favorites from Krishna Leela. The technology used by Sagar Pictures in this scene is pretty nice!

Btw, why do I feel like this actor is recycled from ASR? 😳 Was he by any chance Agastya rishi?

Thanks di! And yeah, they were pretty good with the green screen. Although, in one of the pics, you can see quite a distinct greet outline around Meghan. But the animation for Kaliya was awesome.

And lol, I don't doubt it. He was probably from ASR. And are you saying that that Rishi's name is Agastya, or did he play Agastya Muni in ASR?

Edited by AishuHiBawari - 10 years ago

Episode 212

Krishna walks into Gokul and all the gopikas are so entranced by him that they forget what they are doing, most drop the pot of milk or butter that their holding. Then one woman sends he young son to put flowers at Krishna's feet and Krishna blesses him.