Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

KTLK's 'Lamhe' -- A REFLECTIVE view (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 8

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 8
Page 7 Page 8

vasanthi16

Goldie

vasanthi16

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 5:50pm | IP Logged
Tanu...Thank u ...Lamhe is a favourite movie of mine...i still remember fighting with all when the movie came out and all did not like it as it was too improbable a love story...i used to argue and literally fight with every single person who thought otherwise...

Trust u to bring out the similarities between these 2 and i agree with them all...

Lamhe was a path breaker in the time it was made and now KTLK too is challenging the usual saas -bahu genres and is a path breaker in it's own way !!

Beautiful pictorial journey and lovely add ons from the movie !!! Hug

Loved the discussion between u,Lizzie and Rabz...wish i was awake when u posted this...

My favourite all time actresses have been Madhubala, Nutan, Waheeda Rehman, Sridevi and Kajol...in the present lot...i do not like anyone...except maybe Kareena in some parts ( loved her in Jab we met )

Anil Kapoor has been my favourite from his Woh 7 din days...i remember saying what a fantastic actor he was in his very first film...still remember his scenes with Dilip Kumar in Mashaal !!!

Gonna watch Lamhe again ...brings back all the memories of single screen theatres too !!

Edited by vasanthi16 - 26 February 2012 at 6:03pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bhalobasaArmu4evaLizzieBennettveena0129

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KTLK's 'Lamhe' -- A REFLECTIVE view (Page 6)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mudraswathi

strangely, I didnt like LAMHE that time...I was hardly in twenties then...
.I dont remember whether I was against this age-gap marriage 
or
 the concept of 'loved mother' but later 'loved daughter' I couldnt digest... I think I have to watch now.

It does challenge sensibilities... but in the whole mother-daughter thing.. we forget that THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PPL... the first one.. never knew his love... the second one... knew nothing but HIS LOVE! Embarrassed 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bhalobasaLizzieBennett

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vasanthi16

My favourite all time actresses have been Madhubala, Nutan, Waheeda Rehman, Sridevi and Kajol...in the present lot...i do not like anyone...except maybe Kareena in some parts ( loved her in Jab we met )

Anil Kapoor has been my favourite from his Woh 7 din days...i remember saying what a fantastic actor he was in his very first film...still remember his scenes with Dilip Kumar in Mashaal !!!

Gonna watch Lamhe again ...brings back all the memories of single screen theatres too !!

*bold red --- *tanu passes out* Blushing

LOL agree with u.. Lamhe was a path breaker... it was too shocking for the sensibilities of the audience to see a man love th mother first n then the daughter.. Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

veena0129vasanthi16

vasanthi16

Goldie

vasanthi16

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Hope she signs a movie soon...i have to wait ages for my 2 favourites to come on the screen ...Aamir and Kajol...looking forward to Talaash this year. Kads do sign a movie soon ...pls !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vasanthi16

Hope she signs a movie soon...i have to wait ages for my 2 favourites to come on the screen ...Aamir and Kajol...looking forward to Talaash this year. Kads do sign a movie soon ...pls !!

Talash looks fab.. Aamir is my fave actor too...jus as a couple Srk-Kads r born for each other.!! Embarrassed

And yes.. m praying everyday to see her.. btw she is on the COVER of Filmfare next month.. Wink

vasanthi16

AsYa_Mayur_4eva

AsYa_Mayur_4eva

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Great post Tanu...Clapnever thought so deeply abt KTLK but after reading ur post...yup watever u hav written is so very true...many scenes hav been inspired from Lamhe, an all time fav. movie of mine...

Armu4eva

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by luvly

Great post Tanu...Clapnever thought so deeply abt KTLK but after reading ur post...yup watever u hav written is so very true...many scenes hav been inspired from Lamhe, an all time fav. movie of mine...

Thankoo dear Embarrassed

LizzieBennett

Goldie

LizzieBennett

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mudraswathi

strangely, I didnt like LAMHE that time...I was hardly in twenties then...
.I dont remember whether I was against this age-gap marriage 
or
 the concept of 'loved mother' but later 'loved daughter' I couldnt digest... I think I have to watch now.

Actually...the whole mother-daughter thing didn't affect me at all.. because of Sri's wonderful portrayal... They were two different people and Sri played both characters so well. And Pooja never knew her mother...for her "kunwarji" and daija are her whole world! And she's equally shocked when she finds out she has to compete with her own mother for her lover's affections!!!
The whole things could have been really corny and screwed up, but I never once felt disgust or disbelief in the relationship because of the wonderful script and the actors portraying the characters.

Viren is so totally lovable... even the relationship between him and Pallavi is so heart-warming..he never calls her by name, always addresses her as "aap"...his pain when she's dying and the emphasis with which he tells the doc... "maa ko bachaiyye"!
He's aloof, but never rude... he's distant, but still loving..he never forgets to bring Pooja a b'day gift each time he comes for Pallavi's barsi... These small things are what add up to make a wonderful movie...and when you see these scenes ...you just feel this is a love story...a unique one..but a love story nonetheless and in the end it was just apt that Viren fell for Pooja...and forgot Pallavi..

Kyon ki ek ne unse kabhi pyaar nahi kiya
aur duje ne unse pyar karne ke alava doosra koi kaam nahi kiya!!!

Edited by LizzieBennett - 26 February 2012 at 10:24pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evavasanthi16veena0129aardhan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top