Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leah1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: shann20

maybe its a case of MU smriti like they thought u were calling the lead a pigπŸ˜†...but u were not were u?πŸ˜†

The serial MU is for TRP...this MU is for IF CM rankingsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Drwho thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: serialjunkie

πŸ˜‰  You know I rarely make serious topics on this forum, precisely because it gets tiring and fighting the tidal wave of convoluted logic is not my cup of tea. I think you are right the pig metaphor was mistaken. LOL!! so much for this being an English medium forum.

I will go back to my humor topics because its not worth discussing any serious topics. I will not change and I have no illusions of influencing anyone else's opinion. Besides, it is, at the end of the day, a royal waste of time. I get no accolades, money or recognition from any organization for doing this and for the actors whom we are fighting for go off and enjoy their weekends oblivious to the storm in a tea-cup, draw their paychecks on time and generally live a good life. I think I will follow their example.

No more serious topics from me.

The Best Revenge is Humour and In the End Everything is a GagπŸ˜‰

We look forward to being entertained!!!!
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
SJ I saw a few hours ago that your thread was closed.

I did read the first 10-12 pages of your thread and the comments were fine, at least I didn't feel any rules were broken in those pages. I also commented there. 

Your thread went up to 25-26 pages and I couldn't follow all of it. I don't know if anybody else broke any rules. 

I could clearly understand you didn't call ASR pig. If you did I would have been the first one to report. I do not support name calling of the leads, whether it's ASR or Khushi. 

When it comes to other characters, I am quite lenient. πŸ˜†

I read a lot of comments...some I agreed and some I disagreed with.

What I don't  understand is, why should a discussion topic get reported?

Just because I don't agree with a discussion at all, I don't think it's fair to report a topic as long as that post is not directly violating the forum rules. 

Mature people can always agree to disagree. 

I agree with Drwho, maybe it was the use of metaphor. 

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago
butterfly15.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Although I wouldn't classify it as domestic abuse, I respect your opinion.

To be honest i'm not annoyed that the cv's are portraying arnav in the way they are, he was like this to begin with.. He even said himself that he doesn't care about feelings, only money and power, which he has..  Remember all those times that he treated her badly? We never thought of that as abuse, so I wouldn't classify him making her sleep outside as abuse, yes it was horrible, and cruel, but  not abuse.

He was being irrational and straightaway regretted his actions.. Khushi is a person he believes he should hate yet he cannot bring himself to do it. If you think about it he is being less cruel to her now than he was to her at the beginning of the show, such as throwing her from his office onto the boxes below, i think that was more like abuse then telling her to sleep outside.

We all know he loves Khushi, and hopefully his behaviour towards her improves before the cv's go too far and ruin his character completely...

What's really annoying me though is Khushi attitude.. I want the old fiesty Khushi back who would stand up for herself and not give in until she got what she wanted.. I hate that they're portraying her as some weak woman like they do in all serials.. Women are not so weak, and the old Khushi would fight to find out the truth behind her situation, she would then prove herself innocent, she wouldn't just cry over everything..

Hopefully they develop both characters in a positive way rather than ruining them..

Just my opinion.. Hope i didn't offend anyone..😊
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: shazna123

Although I wouldn't classify it as domestic abuse, I respect your opinion.

To be honest i'm not annoyed that the cv's are portraying arnav in the way they are, he was like this to begin with.. He even said himself that he doesn't care about feelings, only money and power, which he has..  Remember all those times that he treated her badly? We never thought of that as abuse, so I wouldn't classify him making her sleep outside as abuse, yes it was horrible, and cruel, but  not abuse.

He was being irrational and straightaway regretted his actions.. Khushi is a person he believes he should hate yet he cannot bring himself to do it. If you think about it he is being less cruel to her now than he was to her at the beginning of the show, such as throwing her from his office onto the boxes below, i think that was more like abuse then telling her to sleep outside.

We all know he loves Khushi, and hopefully his behaviour towards her improves before the cv's go too far and ruin his character completely...

What's really annoying me though is Khushi attitude.. I want the old fiesty Khushi back who would stand up for herself and not give in until she got what she wanted.. I hate that they're portraying her as some weak woman like they do in all serials.. Women are not so weak, and the old Khushi would fight to find out the truth behind her situation, she would then prove herself innocent, she wouldn't just cry over everything..

Hopefully they develop both characters in a positive way rather than ruining them..

Just my opinion.. Hope i didn't offend anyone..😊

Shazna - she will be back, believe me, in the next few weeks. And guess what will happen in the forum when she is back with a vengeance. we will see no sympathy for her and she will be marked the most hated SP-heroine on earth. LOL,
wesha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

πŸ˜‰  You know I rarely make serious topics on this forum, precisely because it gets tiring and fighting the tidal wave of convoluted logic is not my cup of tea. I think you are right the pig metaphor was mistaken. LOL!! so much for this being an English medium forum.

I will go back to my humor topics because its not worth discussing any serious topics. I will not change and I have no illusions of influencing anyone else's opinion. Besides, it is, at the end of the day, a royal waste of time. I get no accolades, money or recognition from any organization for doing this and for the actors whom we are fighting for go off and enjoy their weekends oblivious to the storm in a tea-cup, draw their paychecks on time and generally live a good life. I think I will follow their example.

No more serious topics from me.

Ya, that is the underlining statement. 

I think mostly the reason is the vast range of age of people in this forum. The heat of passion tends to overcloud the practical senses.

Also at the end of the day, just like ASR is no different than many other 'common man', however larger than life CVs claim him to be, the 'atypical audience' in this forum is also really very 'typical' at the end of the day. 

'Thinking women' are still a taboo, everywhere, even in the highly cosmopolitan virtual world.
That is because they are rare. That is actually 'why' they are rare.

Not everybody can be them, even though they may think they are one of them. Their thought processes are hence not the clearest and their judge-mental abilities are not the most objective.

So, trying to start a serious discussion in such a scenario can very often lead to a battle of convoluted logic.

Originally posted by: CDlove

Mark my words Smriti, when the Monday episode airs and Arnav goes outside to sleep on the floor, he will be forgiven with open arms and all the rest of us who criticized Arnav on his friday episode actions will be asked to apologize with bended knees, eat our own words etc etc because well, he was so considerate enough to get to know his wife's pain.

I've actually already caught a couple of post heading in that direction.

On monday and most of the forum will be saying "oh poor dear!! see how much he suffers!! How can you ASR bashers say he let her sleep outside in the cold (by force) when he himself goes out willingly"

yeah thats the whole point. he forced her out because she was helpless in this case. But him staying out, that's entirely his decission. He wasn't forced againt his will by anyone.

ANyways come Monday and everyone will be busy redeeming him to remember much about Friday.

although its humbling to know arnav is getting a dose of his own medicine, its stupid to think two wrongs make a right!!!!

ASR sleeping outside isnt going to take away the way he pushed her out to suffer, not is it going to take away memory of it.! 
Thats exactly what i have been saying i dont want: You cannot abuse and then repent or suffer the same abuse...W*F???πŸ˜•

its better to show some logic and make the characters think before acting.  Hatred and anger of ASR is in line with the story. but Abuse? 

PS: SJ dont stop making posts like this. Its bad enough that SP is showing this crap!!!

CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ok i am losing it here...Just to clarify abuse was called a pig and that was offensive yeh to the pig!!!!!!!

The eg highlighted was Arnavs actions...does it matter i who sleeps in the cold...there are men and boys abused as well in this case it happened to be a women!!!!!!!!!

I think Smrithi has reiterrated a million times that it was abuse that she was talking about and that being pretteyed up equals the same...

As a note I would lik to say I am not so perturbed to see it portrayed as it does occur and its nice to see that it happens in the nicest of home with participants being well educated handsom et al and the ohter side being bold vibrant yet there are the weak moments...
I am glad someone on the forum picked up on it and many responded...discussing their way thru the understanding of same which is still the elephant in the room in many homes...

I would luv to see this dealt with the answere is not always to walk away there is redemption but it is a two way street and needs alot of backpeddling and adjustment b4 the end is mutually me ...whatever it may be...and ultimately is that not what freedom is ...to walk the line that best suits you not what society or others deem you to in th name of morals restrictions and even liberation...

Every ones interpretation is diff...funny yesterday I saw a post that said to do away with Mangal Sutra and Sindoor ...they are signs of oppression...it got me thinking cos as a married woman who wears the above occassionaly I donot feel the weight of those...I spoke to a 76yr old lady who walked away from abuse much against her family and inlaws and society in the 50's (you can imagine the strength it took) and then eventually married a younger man lived happilly and wore her mangal sutra and sindoor as a matter of pride...I asked her and she said then you young ones must feel the burdon of that 1c diamond on your fingers!!!!!
that said it all...I may be digressing but my point is even discussed and dissected to the etreme abuse is not something that can ever get enough exposure and I am happy it went this way...

So Smrithi...Abuse the Pig is more a dishoner to the pig...talking of animals where I live if we put our pet out for the night fall thru spring I'd be at a court somewherre and be luck to get away with a monetary fine...

whoosh must have got up on the wrong side of the bed cos I never get this serious about telly!!!!! then again this was not

CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
although its humbling to know arnav is getting a dose of his own medicine, its stupid to think two wrongs make a right!!!!

ASR sleeping outside isnt going to take away the way he pushed her out to suffer, not is it going to take away memory of it.! 
Thats exactly what i have been saying i dont want: You cannot abuse and then repent or suffer the same abuse...W*F???πŸ˜•

its better to show some logic and make the characters think before acting.  Hatred and anger of ASR is in line with the story. but Abuse? 

PS: SJ dont stop making posts like this. Its bad enough that SP is showing this crap!!!

Yeah well we can harp all we like but that's not going to be how this forum will take it.
Arnav loves her. whatever he does is out of love. Torture her to the maximum and we'll happily watch it bacause when the time to rabba ve comes, he'll be more 'passionate' (Im starting to gag when I hear that word now)

Let us brace ourselves for 'I told you! Arnav is such a cutie' posts on Monday

PS- I see you are a Malfoy fan 😳
butterfly15.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Shazna - she will be back, believe me, in the next few weeks. And guess what will happen in the forum when she is back with a vengeance. we will see no sympathy for her and she will be marked the most hated SP-heroine on earth. LOL,

I hope not.. I would love to see Khushi standing up against Arnav.. I don't want her to just forgive Arnav as if nothing happened, I want her to make him realise his mistakes, make him understand the pain he put her through.. I want Arnav to fulfil all her wishes and do whatever it takes to make it upto her before she gives in to him.. I know she loves him, but relationships are based on more than love, he needs to prove that he trusts her, that he will be there for her..

At least that way Khushi won't be seen as a weak woman who just puts up with everything, and Arnav's character can progress.. I would still love her character, in fact i think i will love her character even more.. I'm sure others will see our point of view..

When Khushi is back to her fiesty self I will be celebrating..😊
Edited by shazna123 - 12 years ago