Put Lipstick on, Dress it up, a Pig is still a Pig - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
WTH... I still cant understand why the thread was closed. 
I would like to know on what basis the moderators made that decision.

People may have agreed or disagreed to the view, but i dint think at any point the discussions where insulting/degrading of any member or rules of IF.

Though not sure, I think it's the context used for description. When someone or an analogy is addressed as a pig it tends to be offensive or at least for offensive reason. Ofcourse if you worded it differently like 'Never mind how much you try to decorate a situation, it'll still stand for what it is, rather than what you're trying to portrait it as.' That sounds more constructive. Anyways, I don't know why it was closed, and as your stating you were having a healthy discussion, I presume it's the language used.
edited.
Edited by Yummymummy - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Doc_Manaal

Exactly dear, its already began.. Oh ASR is going to sleep outside, oh how can u hate him,how can u be so feminist, how cant u see his Pain(!) Blah blah..

And u know what all it needs logical outlook and casting aside ur bias to discuss ( let alone judge) any character of the show..

If everyone had a logical out look they would not be reporting a thread that was being discussed in a healthy manner.😆
I know hun, I guess we just have to accept it as how the world goes round.
Originally posted by CDlove

OMG I just read the thread was closed from one of the other threads you posted on and when I browsed back to the main page voila! the topic is back ON!

I was like Smriti FTW!!! 😆😉 

Mark my words Smriti, when the Monday episode airs and Arnav goes outside to sleep on the floor, he will be forgiven with open arms and all the rest of us who criticized Arnav on his friday episode actions will be asked to apologize with bended knees, eat our own words etc etc because well, he was so considerate enough to get to know his wife's pain.

I've actually already caught a couple of post heading in that direction.

On monday and most of the forum will be saying "oh poor dear!! see how much he suffers!! How can you ASR bashers say he let her sleep outside in the cold (by force) when he himself goes out willingly"

yeah thats the whole point. he forced her out because she was helpless in this case. But him staying out, that's entirely his decission. He wasn't forced againt his will by anyone.

ANyways come Monday and everyone will be busy redeeming him to remember much about Friday.

Even if Arnav put khushi to sleep in a golden bed encrusted with diamonds and sleeps on a bed of thorns, what he did on fridays episode remains INHUMANE !!

If redemption was so easy then, everybody could sin and then later sulk and get away with it. We wouldn't need law, cops or jail.

When teenagers blindly support a lead, we can excuse it as their immaturity but when matured middle aged members support this tyranny, it nauseates me.

Edited by frockstar - 12 years ago
It was probably a language thing. The nuances of metaphor, sarcasm and humour in English. 

Anyway the point has been argued, analysed and interpreted enough till kingdom come, so probably we need to move on, but i cannot help but share my thoughts about how they could have redeemed the situation even with Khushi being left out all night. They could have shown Arnav fell sleep and after he was woken up in the morning, if they had shown him feeling the tiniest bit of remorse, one sentence, ' hai yeh maine kya kar diya, aise kaise use saari raat bahar rehne diya', it would have been very different. but the makers did not foresee this probably.

Anyway as I said enough has already been said and everyone is allowed to make mistakes, so the makers made one yesterday, but we are loyal fans and we shall keep watching and enjoying and feeling all the lovely different emotions that makes this show interesting. So best wishes to them and to all of us in this forum.😊😊😊
Originally posted by Yummymummy

Mods are Gods. Well if you replace M with G. Respect! Do you question God?

(Sorry mods no offence just trying to lighten up the mood.)

But thats not done...

Sj if they come up with the reason, pls let me also know.
Originally posted by Drwho

It was probably a language thing. The nuances of metaphor, sarcasm and humour in English. 

Anyway the point has been argued, analysed and interpreted enough till kingdom come, so probably we need to move on, but i cannot help but share my thoughts about how they could have redeemed the situation even with Khushi being left out all night. They could have shown Arnav fell sleep and after he was woken up in the morning, if they had shown him feeling the tiniest bit of remorse, one sentence, ' hai yeh maine kya kar diya, aise kaise use saari raat bahar rehne diya', it would have been very different. but the makers did not foresee this probably.

Anyway as I said enough has already been said and everyone is allowed to make mistakes, so the makers made one yesterday, but we are loyal fans and we shall keep watching and enjoying and feeling all the lovely different emotions that makes this show interesting. So best wishes to them and to all of us in this forum.😊😊😊

😉  You know I rarely make serious topics on this forum, precisely because it gets tiring and fighting the tidal wave of convoluted logic is not my cup of tea. I think you are right the pig metaphor was mistaken. LOL!! so much for this being an English medium forum.

I will go back to my humor topics because its not worth discussing any serious topics. I will not change and I have no illusions of influencing anyone else's opinion. Besides, it is, at the end of the day, a royal waste of time. I get no accolades, money or recognition from any organization for doing this and for the actors whom we are fighting for go off and enjoy their weekends oblivious to the storm in a tea-cup, draw their paychecks on time and generally live a good life. I think I will follow their example.

No more serious topics from me.
glad to see that you have re-opened the thread SJ... 👍🏼

how rebellious of you... 😈😆

*hi5* 
Originally posted by frockstar

Even if Arnav put khushi to sleep in a golden bed encrusted with diamonds and sleeps on a bed of thorns, what he did on fridays episode remains INHUMANE !!

If redemption was so easy then, everybody could sin and then later sulk and get away with it. We wouldn't need law, cops or jail.

HAHA but given the state of our forum, whatever Arnav does, even if it's simple as picking one of Kushi's stray pom-poms off the floor will be considered as a mark of true love.

Him sleeping out in the cold will be the ultimate confession of Love. She would never find such a wonderful husband who profess love so romantically 😉