Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 2 Page 12

Vistaa

IF-Rockerz

Vistaa

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged

Ladies and ...lada's(hope springs eternalSmile)Hug

Care to pause for a moment and reflect back a few months? Let me refresh your collective memories...

1.) An innocent, beautiful young girl mistakenly finds herself on a model ramp during a fashion show...the organizer of the said show, a young man himself, thinks the worst of her...believes that she has been sent by his business rivals to sabotage his show...that is enough to rouse his ire and desire to make her pay...how? By manhandling and intimidating her in the worse possible way...physical assault. Not satisfied by this, he releases a video recording that seems to insinuate less than honourable intentions on the girl's part, to the media. Vindictiveness.

2) Sometime later, when the same girl comes to work in his office and dares to express her displeasure to be in his company, this man lets her drop from his first floor office to the ground below...that there are empty cartons present to break her fall, is entirely beside the point. How dare she not grovel in his presence...how dare she open her mouth to oppose him. Not only that  she be taught a lesson, he must get even. Vindictiveness.

3) When she is able to complete numerous, seemingly impossible tasks he sets for her, and in the process succeed in thwarting his bid to crush her spirit, he banishes her to a dilapidated construction site...so that she can be out of his sight. Again, the fact that he later goes and rescues her just as the house is falling about their ears, is so not relevant. Vindictiveness.

4) Then comes the Diwali night and he is unable to control his intense feelings for her, ...he blames her for being the cause of his heart's turmoil..of his growing distance with La...of being the object of his unacknowledged, yet profound attraction...So once again, after having made love to her with his eyes and more, he lashes out to her...:"Mujhe koi farak nahin padta...tumhari aur is payal ki meri liye koi ehmiyat nahin hai", How dare she rouse such emotions in me...she must pay...Vindictiveness.

5) Fast forward present day: He believes that she has been two-timing him with his Jijaji...that she is the cause of his Di's, and by extension his, troubles. In his mind, it is her fault that Shyam is lusting after her..Dead...she is the temptress...if she had not been there, his Di's marital life would have been without any problems. So she must pay. She dared to meddle with not only his heart but his Di's happiness too. Notice how he says just before throwing her out to the terrace..."I know where you really want to be, but you cannot go there or anywhere else...you will stay where I will tell you to..." Not for you the comfort of my room or bed...you deserve no comfort. You broke my heart...I will break your mind, body and spirit. Vindictiveness.

So there you have it...the supposedly great Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada is staying true to his character...and exercising the right all great tragic heroes have had...the right to a  fatal character flaw...Darcy's pride, Othello's jealousy, Hamlet's vaccilation, ASR's vindictiveness.

None of the above makes should be taken as a justification (shudders) for his actions today...nor should it be construed as (shudders even more violently) "ASR bashing". Please. PLEASE. ...Thank you!

This is how I saw his actions today...everything else but vindictiveness, took a backseat...as before, his torment and restlessness did not make a jot of difference to the fact that he was abusing Khushi, plain and simple. No amount of justification can sugar coat that piece of reality.

Some months before, I had made another post on his redemption...and termed the process Darcification Smile here (http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1743961)

Let's see how long it takes for that process to restart...for restart it will...just a question of time. And then Khushi's Elizabeth Bennet will get her Mr. Darcy...Big smile

So what do you think? Most eager to know...Smile

Edited by Vistaa - 25 February 2012 at 7:18am

The following 118 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkip123Lucy1DefLeppardrithuparnajujubeanankiLuvfurjadnicciTaurus.pinky123ipkknd37DoseSuchita2012aKr1alwaysjennylives85Jordinjulieariwalalajwantikhangirl_16kashevSajimoknehaahmadsheks007Raima36champakirangilgameshLurvebooksmeluhansumaliWiseGirlPrasRascraziefanipkfan38queenie11Zahra123DreamcatcherhatathbristiSahana2Rita.Canumber1mcguinessElenaElenorcrazyforarshibhagyatharaXlolnehalolXroldcdillidikudi.1.1.1.1neverbeforeshagun-rocksSuni-Siaa-Psychedelicvidya.sanjaynavyaalex8scarletauracelestaeDCgirlmi-neepearlminihussainArHi_4everMitrashaktiNirjhor105Hessa85Aneeka_GSNikki_CRadheKrish1meera30Incognit0archie_79tibs09shu_calashvezpreetijaiswal19S.StephyScintillatingangelirebellifly_dogmitthooOlive_RoseArieldevsumMaddy1270DrwhononasiKishmishsikhni_JerryTheMouseMentalExoticasavvy05asha...cindrella255CDlovevasirajuSanzBarbiemommy2000Leah1-Sush-deejagi-GredForge---sumana13--SeerialLoopsTINA!jakhushidebby_11applesauce.The_May_RoseRabba-Ve-Delenaladdoo598-Prashu-incandescentFreshDaisyChaiBiskootNope123sbk2FairyLiquidSoappolly_mkrima-Huma-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Of Couch, Terrace & quality of Vindictiveness" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ashvez

IF-Dazzler

ashvez

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Long time Vistaa...nice to see ur post...and even better to take us through the start...of all the Vindictiveness
Yes! I agree with u for his character ...I do agree..he is ruthless...has been ruthless..physically abusing as well...but Arnav n Khushi have come a long way..from what he was..his layers were peeled..he has seen many times, how wrong he was on concluding what she is.He admitted himself that he doesn't like to hurt her...and feels sorry for what he does( when Lav was there).
However, I cannot accept him to not even for once give her a chance to talk...forget explanations.He did have a FB of his Nanital trip..he very well knows of her insecurities...then why can't he just get her in and shove her on the recliner instead.He can't let her just stay there for the whole night in cold.I cldn't take that...I like this character  ( besides his sinful looks..Wink) but yesterday, it was pushed too far.U r watching her shivering in the cold...yet vindictiveness doesn't allow u to take her in...naaa!! I wonder how wld he react when the tables do get turned.

Nice to see u...and enjoyed reading ur post.

Well, how things would become more acceptable it is yet to watch...Smile

Waisey...kuch sher o shayare hojaye...Smile

Ash.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkip123ipkfan38Aneeka_GS-Siaa-spsharmilamomb24nonasienigma17Vistaasbk2

Dammmit

Dammmit

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Vistaaji...very well said. I agree with your assessment of his character.
And while noting that you have expressed your displeasure of his modus operendi, I cannot help but denounce him for his actions today.

Fact is I cried FOR him today when we saw him agonizing inside the warmth of his room while his new bride, his Di's wrong doer/homewrecker, his heartbreaker, was left to fend for herself on the cold floor by the pool in Dilli ki Sardi no less. But the credit for evoking that emotion in me (and perhaps in many of us) goes to the wonderful Mr Sobti. His fabulous  portrayal of a tormented tormentor made us forget for those 30 seconds that the victim  was actually on the other side of the glass braving the elements and no amount of agonizing by the abuser can take away from the fact that it was in fact a non-violent physical abuse. Strong words I know but as responsible fans and citizens we would be amiss if we deemed it anything else or worse if we glorified it by calling it  "drama" or "a necessary evil" for TRP garnering. 

GH, LM and everybody else responsible for that scene pushed the envelope today. They could have come up with another scenario to show his Rakshasness/mercilessness towards her. Or atleast redeemed his actions a  little bit by showing him forcing her to use the blanket or making her come back into the room.
Or 
upon seeing that she was adamant about not using the blanket, maybe he could have made himself sleep on the floor at the other corner of the pool instead of spending the night on the chaise.

GH please redeem our favorite dark knight for you are the only one who can.

Ok rant over. That felt good. Loved your post.

Edited by Dammmit - 24 February 2012 at 10:27pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Taurus.pinky123Dosejennylives85Rita.Cipkfan38serendipity235meluhanLurvebooksspsharmila-Siaa-bhagyatharanonasiPriya_128Vistaavasirajumommy2000--sumana13--cindrella255sbk2Rabba-Ve-Delena

sbk2

IF-Sizzlerz

sbk2

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Visi Hug

I am so glad to see you making posts...double jhappis.

Too tired and emotionally exhausted due to IPK today...

I agree, vindictive is the word that sums up his actions towards Khushi...
It is just that I thought now that he has realized he is in love with her (or has he?!!), though his
instinct might be revenge, the severity of his actions may be curtailed by his feelings for Khushi.
I guess I was wrong...
I am so tired of his nafrat coming back...valid excuse or not, its exhausting to go through all of this nonsense again and again...
Khushi needs to speak up..and fight back.

Saas bahu crap I forward...I watch this serial for Arhi, but now if I have to forward their parts too, phir bacha kya?! I can't stand abla naari misunderstood, pati taking her pariksha...sigh!!

Edited by sbk2 - 24 February 2012 at 10:26pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

DoseLurvebooksipkfan38Rita.C-Siaa-Aneeka_GSNirjhor105kitty25spsharmilaashveznonasiVistaa--sumana13--cindrella255vasirajuSanzBarbieenigma17Rabba-Ve-Delena

mitthoo

IF-Dazzler

mitthoo

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Hiya Vista Big smile

Pleasant surprise indeed to see a post from you.  As usual..you excelled in putting your point across..Clap

hmm... my thoughts... not sure if I agree.. am withholding any judgement  (and yes!!..i am so judging ASR's behavior since the terrace fiasco !)... until I see few more episodes..

From the terrace scene until now.. I am unable to find anything in ASR's behavior that matches with my idea of the character...I get the angry part..but I am more at loss when I try understanding...how its being shown.. the screenplay and dialogues are not cleverly written enough for me to interpret the character this way...Me thinks.. the writing team changed again...

I am not able to empathize with ASR these days.. before terrace scene.. I was walking right along with him..

that said.. lovely play of words.. you an artist of word play...me floored Big smileBig smile

brb... resending my application to screenplay writers team Big smile

Edited by asr4ever - 24 February 2012 at 10:25pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Rita.Cserendipity235-Siaa-spsharmilaAneeka_GSashvezVistaa--sumana13--showstruckcindrella255FairyLiquidSoapNewbiesoapfansbk2

DCgirl

Goldie

DCgirl

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Good Job connecting the dots! I loved it...
I completely agree that ASR's behavior is true to his character...but today's episode does leave a bad taste in the mouth... can't deny that.
However, personally, I feel him letting her fall from first floor is much more cruel than tonight leaving her out in the cold... She could have gotten seriously hurt or die from that fall...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aneeka_GSnonasiVistaa

queenie11

queenie11

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Wow, you perfectly put it. 

I never specifically, consciously associated the term vindictiveness with ASR before, but it does seem perfect now. 

A really great analysis 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vistaa

vasiraju

IF-Rockerz

vasiraju

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Heya vista ClapClapClap..
yesterday  me and swetha were discussing  on ASR bashing posts.
yes he misunderstood the  kushi,he thinks she is the girl who is ready to destroy his di lifes.he married her to humiliate her.To show her right place in his life.he is no more Arnav ,he is completely turned in to ASR.he don't think kushi as his wife..so he is hurting her.

he is wounded lion now..can we expect any humanity with a wounded lion no..but still he felt pain ,horrible pain for hurting her.i want to see how long he will hurt her..he can't hurt her in long term bases that for sure...

i want see the threshold limit of hurting her...once the threshold limit breaks ..he will start again loving her inspite  of misunderstanding her she love shyam.i will wait till the moment he starts her loving without any if but conditions. 

Edited by vasiraju - 24 February 2012 at 11:09pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilaAneeka_GSmitthoononasisavvy05Vistaa--sumana13--cindrella255sbk2

Post Reply New Post

Go to top