24 Feb 2012 Written Update

bumtrinket thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Note: If you love Brija, then this is the episode you don't want to miss. 

Pooja's song comes to a close and everybody applauds. Mrs. Daddaji takes out a huge bundle of notes and removes Pooja's nazar as she smiles shyly. Brij looks on happily. Daddaji nods approvingly as Mrs. D asks Pooja her name and tells her that her voice is truly blessed by God and is as sweet and lovely as her name. G. looks on sourly at all this praise.

D. tells Brij and G. that they should go inside to talk about business since Mrs. D is going to handle everything here. As soon as they leave and Mrs. D goes to talk to someone else, the entire troupe encircle Pooja and everybody is happy at her success except for Shelly as usual. 

Inside, D. is telling some businessman that Brij handles all the party funds and to talk to him. G. looks unhappy. Brij asks the man why he wants to give their party so much money and if he expects something in return for it. The man tells him he owes all his success to D. and just wants to repay him in some small way. Brij says as long as that's the case, he'd be happy to take his money for the party. D. begins to praise Brij for the way he handles everything and says his Lalla is not only a leader in the party but D.'s own pride. G.'s mood is getting worse and worse. 

Suddenly Mrs. Giridhar comes running and tells them that Pooja tripped and fell. D. is shocked and immediately gets up to see to her but Brij is as collected as ever and asks him not to bother. Instead, he coolly looks at G. and tells him to go see what happened. 🀣 G. is dumbstruck and staring at Brij like he can't believe his eyes. D. gets irritated and asks him if he's deaf and to go look what happened. 

G. walks over to the door and gives one last disbelieving look at Brij who is now studying some papers with the businessman. He can't believe Brij could be so calm after hearing that something happened to Pooja. His whole plan just fell flat.πŸ˜†

But in actuality, after G.'s departure, the camera lingers on Brij's agitated face as he listlessly flips through the papers with a frown on his face, clearly his thoughts with Pooja.😳

Outside, Pooja is crying while Krish is holding her foot and Bhavna and the rest of the troupe try to comfort her. G. and Shamsher come there. Even in her pain, Pooja looks past them to see if Brij has come to see her but there's nobody there and more tears pour down her face. Mrs. D arrives and asks what happened to Pooja. She tells Mrs. D that somebody had spilled oil on the steps and she slipped. Mrs. D is furious and asks all the other ladies what idiot spilled the oil. 

Mrs. G. looks guiltily at her husband but G. silently tells her to be quiet and she doesn't open her mouth. Mrs. D gets angrier at the silence while all the other ladies look at Mrs. G. in silent accusation. Mrs. D says that nobody has the manners to accept blame these days. 

Bhavna tells Krish that they must take Pooja to the hospital, she's hurt so much. Mrs. D agrees and says she's sent for D. and Brij and they'll see to it. 

Their business done, D. and Brij promise to meet the businessman at their office on a later date and check on Pooja. Mrs. D fills in D. who bends down to study Pooja's foot and says she'll need an x-ray to see if she's broken something. Pooja looks frightened. 

Mrs. D notices Brij standing to one side and asks him why he's standing so far away - he knows more about injuries than any of them. Mrs. D tells Pooja that Lalla used to get hurt so often when he was a kid that he now knows as much as any doctor. 

Invited to do so, πŸ˜† Brij kneels and carefully examines Pooja's foot. She flinches at his first touch but he is gentle and calm as he talks her through it in his usual manner with her.😳 G. is paying close attention but he's standing behind Brij and can't see his face. Everybody else is crowded around Brija. Finally, he says it's a slight sprain and asks Mrs. D for some special balm. G. looks displeased when Mrs. D runs off to get it. 

Brij tells Pooja that in the meantime he wants her to walk a few steps to the couch. She cries that she can't walk. He asks her why not? He'll be there to support her. The only reason she can't do it is because she's not trying. He tells her to take his hand. Pooja almost gives him her hand but then refuses. Brij again gives her a pep talk. Shelly in the background is rolling her eyes at this fuss over Pooja. 

Pooja finally puts her hand in Brij's and they both grasp each other's hand. She tries and fails to rise, at which point Krish leans down and is about to put his hands on her waist to raise her when Brij tells him not to bother - he'll do it himself. πŸ₯³ Krish silently steps back. Brij puts his free arm around Pooja's waist and raises her slowly. For one moment, she's in his arms. β˜ΊοΈ

Pooja, with tears in her eyes, looks up at him. Brij meets her eyes briefly but then immediately looks away, hiding how much he's affected. 

Brij seats a hobbling Pooja on the couch and Mrs. D gets him the balm. Everyone is still surrounding them. He kneels down to put it on her foot but Pooja says to give it to her and she'll put it on herself. Brij reminds her of the time she spent looking after him at the hospital when they didn't even know each other that well. Brij says now they know each other quite well, so why shouldn't he take care of her?

(Amazing! Right there in front of all the people he didn't want to get suspicious, he just cast their relationship as something entirely ordinary and obvious and innocent. To the point where they're all asking him to take care of her! And all poor G. could do is seethe!)

Krish looks displeased at this new revelation and G. is about to spit nails. Mrs. D is shocked to realize that Pooja is that girl who saved Brij's life and thanks her effusively for all that she did and says that she did the entire haveli a favor by saving him. G. looks like he might have a different opinion while D. looks serious at the reminder. She asks Pooja to let Brij help her. 

Brij lifts Pooja's foot and spreads the balm on (she's got green nails! Kinda funky for a small town girl but I like it!). He tells Pooja that this is Mrs. D's special balm and she used to put it on him whenever he got hurt as a kid and the very next instant he'd be turning cartwheels, so soon Pooja'll be dancing. D. and Mrs. D laugh at Brij's banter while Pooja looks charmed. 

Done with balm, Brij tells Pooja to try taking a few steps on her own. Pooja gets up and gingerly puts her weight on her injured foot and immediately falls on Brij who catches her tight. G. looks alert but Mrs. D scolds Brij for making Pooja do too much too soon. Pooja jumps in immediately and says she didn't fall because of her injury, she just lost her balance. She takes a few painful steps on her own and everyone gives her a round of applause. Brij smiles at her. 

D. suggests to the troupe that it's time for them to go back home since Pooja should get some rest. Pooja apologizes to D. and Mrs. D for all the bother. D. looks touched as he tells her the fault is theirs that they couldn't take proper care of her. (D. always speaks in a totally different tone with Pooja btw. Very gentle, very soft, as if he too, like Brij, understands her total innocence and goodness) Pooja immediately counters that she should've looked where she was going. D., Mrs. D and Brij look fondly at her while G. looks even more pissed at this display of her charming manners. 

Bhavna comes around to slip an arm around Pooja and help her as the troupe leave. Mrs. D leaves with the other ladies. D. tells Brij and G. to follow him inside so they can talk some more business. 

As Pooja and Brij leave in separate directions, they both look over their shoulder and catch each other's eye. They give each other slight smiles for a brief instant before Brij turns away and schools his expression, while Pooja walks out with a smile growing on her face, her love clearly to be seen on her face. 

Precap: There's just the sound of wind. Pooja with her hair down, dressed in yellow, hugging herself in a strong breeze. She closes her eyes and Brij comes behind her and slips his arms around her, holding her close as he smiles at her. She opens her eyes and smiles delightedly. 

Damn, Brij is a player! πŸ˜† Khullam khulla ishq and that too in a way that everyone who should oppose it is egging him on to do more and more. πŸ˜²πŸ€£

On a more pessimistic note - this entire episode sounds like a metaphor doesn't it? Foreshadowing alert! πŸ˜­
Edited by bumtrinket - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmee thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thank you Bhumi.. u deserve a πŸ‘ and Am so happy Brij stopped Krish

Looks like precap is Pooja's dream.. otherwise Brij getting so cosy so soon..+πŸ€”
one thing i like bout this serial is (so far) they have underplayed the age factor, ie the age difference between the two. When they show Brij as senior and the mature one, they don show Brij as thinking over their age difference and sulking over it. Ulta by what i read above, looks like they may show some kind of competitiion betwn Krish and Brij, and if thers something like that, Its gonna be funtastic.
Inspite of being much elder than pooja, Brij is like a complete package here, Handsome, powerful, shaatir, and naughty and yet so real and believable that we cant help but fall for him.
sparky21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx for wonderful update!
i watchd da episode but stil luv reading ur  wu πŸ‘πŸΌ
bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree...just loved reading your point by point update...every little detail captured so well...

the green nailpolish did look freaky but was really amused as today during a birthday party saw a friend had put a similar shade to match with her saree πŸ˜†...and what was that green for when her dress was full white...LOL...

Brij is one smart guy...khatal bhi kiya aur oof thak hone nahin diya...bechari Pooja ...how would any girl keep her cool when the man who makes her go dhak dhak is just beside her massaging her feet 😳 no wonder the dialogue from her...maine apna santoolan kho diya tha πŸ˜‰...
was it santoolan ya apna dil 😳
Edited by Lata2011 - 12 years ago
bumtrinket thumbnail
It just occurred to me that G. deliberately staged that accident with the help of his wife to catch Brij's reaction. Hmmm, G. does try thinking, it seems! πŸ˜†

@Lata2011
- i was giggling like mad through that entire sequence coz of all the double meaning dialogues that Brij and Pooja were exchanging in full view of everybody without G. being able to do anything! πŸ€£
-Zaara- thumbnail
thanks
the precap is awesome <3
durum thumbnail
Thanks again Bumtrinket...for playing Sanjeya to my Drithrastra...

BTW did you notice
"He tells Pooja that this is Mrs. D's special balm and she used to put it on him whenever he got hurt as a kid and the very next instant he'd be turning cartwheels, so soon Pooja'll be dancing. D. and Mrs. D laugh at Brij's banter while Pooja looks charmed"

I thought bbp was homeless????? puzzles...

durum thumbnail
Originally posted by: sowmee

Thank you Bhumi.. u deserve a πŸ‘ and Am so happy Brij stopped Krish

Looks like precap is Pooja's dream.. otherwise Brij getting so cosy so soon..+πŸ€”
one thing i like bout this serial is (so far) they have underplayed the age factor, ie the age difference between the two. When they show Brij as senior and the mature one, they don show Brij as thinking over their age difference and sulking over it. Ulta by what i read above, looks like they may show some kind of competitiion betwn Krish and Brij, and if thers something like that, Its gonna be funtastic.
Inspite of being much elder than pooja, Brij is like a complete package here, Handsome, powerful, shaatir, and naughty and yetk  so real and believable that we cant help but fall for him.

I do think that they are deliberately underplaying this for now...but later it will definitely figure in the story...
flower_rose thumbnail
thanx for the lovely update
😊
bumtrinket thumbnail
Originally posted by: durum

Thanks again Bumtrinket...for playing Sanjeya to my Drithrastra...

BTW did you notice
"He tells Pooja that this is Mrs. D's special balm and she used to put it on him whenever he got hurt as a kid and the very next instant he'd be turning cartwheels, so soon Pooja'll be dancing. D. and Mrs. D laugh at Brij's banter while Pooja looks charmed"

I thought bbp was homeless????? puzzles...

I know! πŸ˜† I couldn't make any sense of it either. But since both D. and Mrs. D call him Lalla, he must have been a kid in their house. So was it from this house he ran away or did he come to this house after running away?

As much as I'm interested in Brija, I am just as intrigued by all this backstory they haven't revealed as yet.