Page 2 Page 2

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 8:34am | IP Logged
24 years later

By Kunal M Shah
Posted On Friday, January 20, 2012

Twenty-four years ago, the epic Mahabharata was told through 94 episodes of the hit TV series Mahabharat. And now, the show that became a household favourite will feature on the silver-screen, thanks to producer K.K. Yadav and director Dharmesh Tiwari. Interestingly, the film, titled Barbareek, will star all of the show's original actors, essaying the same characters.

The only additional member to the cast is Ravi Yadav, who will essay the character Sahdev. The film, based on Barbareek the son of Ghatokach, is currently in the dubbing stage and slated to release in March end or early April.

From left to right:

Praveen Kumar:  Bheem as he was known as for many years, did a couple of films after the epic serial. However was lost in the crowd. Director Dharmesh Tiwari (who played Kripacharya in Mahabharat) rediscovered him.

Nitish Bharadwaj: He played the iconic character Krishna to perfection. Nitish did a couple of films and did some Marathi films as well. However, after that he joined politics and has been busy serving his party till date.

Roopa Ganguly: She played one of the most complex characters, Draupadi. Roopa went on to do Bengali films after her career in Bollywood failed to take off. She then returned to the small screen a couple of years ago.

Gajinder Chauhan: Yudhister, the eldest among the Pandavas was an upright character. Gajinder has been actively involved in the film association, since the last few years.

Firoz khan:His character Arjun became so popular that the actor changed his off-screen name. After Mahabharat, he went on to star in many films. Some years ago, he wanted to direct a film, but his plans failed to materialise. And so, he returned to the small screen.

Sanjeev Chitre: After he essayed the character Nakul on Mahabharat, he did a role in Mahesh Bhatt's Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin. While the film worked, he didn't. After that he has not been a part of the film industry. 

Mumbai Mirror

Edited by Kal El - 24 February 2012 at 8:37am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaBhavaaniShivangBuchvisrom

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Pandavas Return" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 9:15am | IP Logged
OMYGOD. Reallyyy??? That is SOOO amazinggg. I cannot wait to see it and WOWWW, to have them all backk.. it has been a dream always. Arjun that is Firoz is a family friend and visits often I once said to him if only these old actors could be seen again somewhere. I didn't think it would actually happen bcoz I always thought how will all the old actors come back but if this is indeed true then I cannot WAIT for it. Esp. all of them TOGETHER. Thanks a ton for this news Kal El. You made my day with the article!!! I am so excited!!! Hope it's a well made film.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 24 February 2012 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to it Big smile

Ankita_88

IF-Rockerz

Ankita_88

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged
this is one best news...!!!!

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 26 February 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
BTW..Sanjeev Chitre essayed the role of Sahdev NOT Nakul as mentioned in the article

Bhavaani

Coolbie

Bhavaani

Posted: 27 February 2012 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Ok this has totally made my day, month and year!! Can't believe they're coming back...haven't been this excited since the Mahabharat Katha videos came on youtube lol!

Can you believe it'll be 25 years next year! Shocked

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 06 March 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Oh wow...this is great to see. Smile The pic is good too...they look exactly like they did more than 20 years ago. Is it a recent photo? 

I wish this show all the best. Thumbs Up

eyeofnewt

eyeofnewt

Posted: 22 March 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
In total disbelief. Just when I thought mythological movies on the big screen were all but a thing of the past, this comes along.

Is that Hema Malini as Hidimba?! Shocked
In total disbelief. Just when I thought mythological movies on the big screen were all but a thing of the past, this comes along.

Is that Hema Malini as Hidimba?! Shocked

Rupa Ganguly looks pretty good, as does Praveen Kumar. Can't really say the same for the rest of them though, sadly. Nonetheless, it's really exciting to have the original cast of B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat back in action.

Rupa Ganguly looks pretty good, as does Praveen Kumar. Can't really say the same for the rest of them though, sadly. Nonetheless, it's really exciting to have the original cast of B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat back in action.

Edited by eyeofnewt - 22 March 2012 at 12:23pm

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.