Diya Aur Baati Hum

Fantastic, Great Maasa but where is Sooraj

Avidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Like everyone else I felt uplifted by today's episode. It made me so happy and excited to watch the outcome. 

I really appreciate the way the have shown Maasa completely change and fully accept. I admired her courage to unconditionally  give all credit to Sandhya. She instantly (unlike Bhabho) realised that because of her education and her superb upbringing Sandhya is an exceptional person. 

It was such fun to watch her fall in love with Sandhya. 

And what a contrast in values. Sandhya did not even think about taking the offer of jewellery or money offered to her by Bhabho. On the other hand the greedy Chavi trying to blackmail her own brother all because she had some advantage over them. 

Bhabho should die in shame over her own children and she still cannot accept Sandhya. 

I know the reason they are depicting Bhabho like this, they want to continue the saas bahu drama.

But once again I fail to understand what is Sooraj doing in all this. He is slowly becoming redundant in this show. That to me is disappointing!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Really Sandhya was the star today 😎.

Challo...if not Suraj...I'm so glad that...it was Sandhya that got the Jamii to do something...as Avidfan predicted in another post...👍🏼

Maasa accepted Sandhya and what a change...I don't blame Bhabo entirely...for one she's in a state of shock...and two, she's not in her own domain...so she can't open up...Maasa is the boss here in the village. 😆

But Bhabo will have to eat her own words and accept Sandhya now, because Maasa has approved her...this was the test and Sandhya passed with flying colors.

Maasa was right...housewife skills anyone can master with some guidance in a year or 2...but the concern with which Sandhya fought for the bride...demonstrated her honesty, sincerity, and the good upbringing her parents gave her...that this is a Bahu who will sincerely always put family first...👍🏼

But where was Suraj?  OK so I admit that this is a heroine centric drama...but I wish Suraj wouldn't have been so poorly sidelined by the CVs.  I mean just a little bit of something from his end would have sufficed.

I mean the show is not just Diya...or just Baati...it's Diya aur Baati Hum...Isn't it?😕  
Avidfan thumbnail
Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Really Sandhya was the star today 😎.

But Bhabo will have to eat her own words and accept Sandhya now, because Maasa has approved her...this was the test and Sandhya passed with flying colors.

Maasa was right...housewife skills anyone can master with some guidance in a year or 2...but the concern with which Sandhya fought for the bride...demonstrated her honesty, sincerity, and the good upbringing her parents gave her...that this is a Bahu who will sincerely always put family first...👍🏼

But where was Suraj?  OK so I admit that this is a heroine centric drama...but I wish Suraj wouldn't have been so poorly sidelined by the CVs.  I mean just a little bit of something from his end would have sufficed.

I mean the show is not just Diya...or just Baati...it's Diya aur Baati Hum...Isn't it?😕  

No I feel Bhabho will resist for the TRPs. 

But yes, fell really sad about Sooraj. Why are they wasting this actor?
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
totally agree with you guys..fab episode..just wished that they showed suraj...do or say something..

sorry saw episode in a hurry but did he actually get any lines 2day??
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yup - Sandhya did shine today. :)

And u guys have hit the point already but I will say that initially I really liked Bhabho - she wasn't all evil - she was the mother. But as we progress I too see Bhabho becoming more and more like a typical saas - just to keep the saas bahu drama afloat...
As for Suraj - I had such high hopes that he wud have been part of this entire fiasco in some way... But sadly he wasn't. See I don't think this wud have bothered us as much if we hadn't seen Suraj quiet for all long. He needs to say something...it's just getting irritating. And I go back to what I said yesterday - if Suraj wasnt meant to do anything - what was the point of Sandhya asking him for help - to make him look weak?Edited by sidra2007 - 12 years ago
suvaaslondon thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yes it was a wonderful Episode.
Yes It is Sandya's Fight.But still Suraj could have  contributed In a smalll way in the background.
Yes I agree ,otherwise it will be very much  sidelining a Brilliant ACTOR .
I suppose It lends more Credibility To suraj If he supports her from the back, Granted that He would not want to be shown as Hurting Bhaboo if He supported sandya Openly.
Avidfan thumbnail
Yes, they have to show both Sooraj and Sandhya equally otherwise it is as if Sandhya is the superwoman and Sooraj her prop! I

Given the title it is not a heroinecentric story. Sooraj is equally important. 

It is cringing to watch him just hanging about. 

They could have easily shown him approach the "Jamai" or at least with Sandhya. 

Next time Anas should have a proper contract with a clause of "higher or equal prominence" as the heroine. 

Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
"higher or equal prominence" 😆

But I feel the same way ... Suraj shud be given at least some importance. At least he remembered the event at her college lol
sadiltl thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
I agree that suraj should have been in the background to let jamaiji help sandhya. but,  look at his position. he is down at the moment. he is scared that sandhya will ruin the situation further. hence his helplessness.

I think if the fate of sandhya is other way round today, it seemed that he will take sandhya and go away from his family. the facial expressions and fbs showed that he wants to stand by sandhya what may come. so that explains...
Avidfan thumbnail
Originally posted by: sadiltl

I agree that suraj should have been in the background to let jamaiji help sandhya. but,  look at his position. he is down at the moment. he is scared that sandhya will ruin the situation further. hence his helplessness.

I think if the fate of sandhya is other way round today, it seemed that he will take sandhya and go away from his family. the facial expressions and fbs showed that he wants to stand by sandhya what may come. so that explains...

Thats all true but we just want to see Sooraj having a better part and actually having speaking lines instead of standing around