Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: JWMRK

Thanks Shwetha, ๐Ÿ˜Š

I just love this characterisation and the actor's interpretation...

No take on the supporting actors?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† ...never mind.

Thanks for stopping by.

No, not yet๐Ÿ˜†

Cos like ASR they have not had a chance to introspect or ask him. Most of them have confronted him, being caught in the moment.

The person I am keenly watching out for is Akash, how he is going to approach this. If that convo happens, I am sure Arnav will be the first one to say sorry, I didn't mean to create so much trouble on your wedding day.

Akash will most likely say it is okay, I will not ask you why cos I know there is a reason why. I will wait till the time you feel you are ready to share.

Rest they have to cool down first and that includes Arnav.๐Ÿ˜ณ
JWMRK thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Shwetha!

No, not yet๐Ÿ˜†

Cos like ASR they have not had a chance to introspect or ask him. Most of them have confronted him, being caught in the moment.

The person I am keenly watching out for is Akash, how he is going to approach this. If that convo happens, I am sure Arnav will be the first one to say sorry, I didn't mean to create so much trouble on your wedding day.

Akash will most likely say it is okay, I will not ask you why cos I know there is a reason why. I will wait till the time you feel you are ready to share.

Rest they have to cool down first and that includes Arnav.๐Ÿ˜ณ

For me I am most keen to know what NK thinks yaar...I actually like NK a lot and find him a contemporary relatable person from a real life perspective

I guess NK and Akash both know that Arnav loves Khushi so sowhere they will accept, if they have not already.

Loved what you wrote ...that all have to cool down including ASR

Shwetha๐Ÿค—
Rita.C thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
great stuff JW.

Love it! Thanks for taking the time to write... yes, but then this serial itself is so layers upon layers etc... you can spend all your time just enjoying the nuances

I think that the reason it is not contradictory for La to have a live in with ASR and for Arnav and Khushi to marry though both are against Parampara was because the La episode was thrust upon them forcibly and well persuaded by someone they trust the most i.e. Shyam. Given the same scenario of a sudden development with La, I am sure they would have reacted the same.

regarding their angst in the sudden marriage, well, in traditional societies its really all about the larger good or community or family is it not? everything is about how it affects the whole and not the individual. So getting married like that, without consent or discussion, without involvement quite clearly is completely against the v essence of who they are - starting from their morning arti to their rituals and fasts etc. I am a little confused as to why everyone is getting upset. I would have thought it is in character with who they all are... Expecting them to accept the marriage in these circumstances is unrealistic.
What is weird is their treatment of Khushi - irrespective of the circumstances of the marriage - to me that smacks of just meanmindedness, pettiness and cruelty because she ostensibly did not follow the rules. To throw away humanity and kindness just because someone has transgressed your club's rules is just plain sick...

unfortunately since its a serial Khushi will probably smile and be mother india and forgive everyone concerned, thereby ruining her character sketch again...

sigh.. i need to go and get a life, find another obsession...๐Ÿ˜ญ

Sallu- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Great post :)
Totally agree... Compared to other serials iss pyaar has a very good balance of the rona dhona element..
I've literally just started watching iss pyaar.. Call me crazy but I managed to watch all arnav khushi scenes from June 6th . Within a few days and must say both Sanaya n Barun.., hats of to their acting..
Ppl are being negative towards arnav n I guess that's understandable... Yet we have to remember that he is a very strong character and if he changes ... Easily gives in... then the serial itself would be slow and less intense.

JWMRK thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rita.C

great stuff JW.

Love it! Thanks for taking the time to write... yes, but then this serial itself is so layers upon layers etc... you can spend all your time just enjoying the nuances

I think that the reason it is not contradictory for La to have a live in with ASR and for Arnav and Khushi to marry though both are against Parampara was because the La episode was thrust upon them forcibly and well persuaded by someone they trust the most i.e. Shyam. Given the same scenario of a sudden development with La, I am sure they would have reacted the same.

regarding their angst in the sudden marriage, well, in traditional societies its really all about the larger good or community or family is it not? everything is about how it affects the whole and not the individual. So getting married like that, without consent or discussion, without involvement quite clearly is completely against the v essence of who they are - starting from their morning arti to their rituals and fasts etc. I am a little confused as to why everyone is getting upset. I would have thought it is in character with who they all are... Expecting them to accept the marriage in these circumstances is unrealistic.
What is weird is their treatment of Khushi - irrespective of the circumstances of the marriage - to me that smacks of just meanmindedness, pettiness and cruelty because she ostensibly did not follow the rules. To throw away humanity and kindness just because someone has transgressed your club's rules is just plain sick...

unfortunately since its a serial Khushi will probably smile and be mother india and forgive everyone concerned, thereby ruining her character sketch again...

sigh.. i need to go and get a life, find another obsession...๐Ÿ˜ญ

Rita, thanks๐Ÿ˜Š

And count me on the go get a life boat๐Ÿ˜†

Loved what you wrote and the bold above is exactly what I wanted to say.

I am not able to read much comments over here because over here the posts move so fast I have a problem locating my own๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

I feel we cannot appy a yardstick to our leads because we love them...and then a diffent one to the other characters...all of them have done some unforgivable actions, does it condone them no...but then lets not rubbish the side characters

.If you are from India especially where peole are being outclassed because they are getting married in another sub-caste, this turn of events should not come as a surprise.

Even then their reaction is much better than what I was expecting from a typical Indian serial...no I am not defending them, just pointing out that it could have been shown to be even worse , when we have other serials where people are married off multiple times and all

Are the Raizadas and Guptas being hypocrites...sure they are...but I guess this is knee jerk reaction on the day itself and its just the second day today...

As to their treatment of Khushi...no one is pardonable...but if we need them to repent then lets start with Khushi herself (who needs to stand up for herself) and Arnav (who needs to reflect that this is the same innocent girl he fell in love with and hat he himself was not so charming in his interactions with her)

The sad part is that the so far projected sensible leads are also not able to cut through the mist...which is the real impetus needed for the love story...if there is to be a love story

Thanks again and loved your take๐Ÿ˜Š
Rita.C thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
wow loved your take on my take.. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

this is the kind of sensible logical point by point that comes so rarely but is so wonderful to read

I am happy to stand back, look at my perspective and say I was wrong. you are quite right... that does make sense.. its the 2nd day (i always tend to forget the time scale on which this serial operates as opposed to the pace at which we watch the serial!) and so their acceptance or resignation to the situation is understandably still late.. I still think the Guptas did something unforgiveable... its disgusting to disown Khushi.. i would have been ok if they had been cruel, mean, smacked her etc. but that was beyond the pale... ๐Ÿ˜ก

anyway, thanks again...for helping me see the light and get some perspective... ๐Ÿ˜Š

JWMRK thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rita.C

wow loved your take on my take.. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

this is the kind of sensible logical point by point that comes so rarely but is so wonderful to read

I am happy to stand back, look at my perspective and say I was wrong. you are quite right... that does make sense.. its the 2nd day (i always tend to forget the time scale on which this serial operates as opposed to the pace at which we watch the serial!) and so their acceptance or resignation to the situation is understandably still late.. I still think the Guptas did something unforgiveable... its disgusting to disown Khushi.. i would have been ok if they had been cruel, mean, smacked her etc. but that was beyond the pale... ๐Ÿ˜ก

anyway, thanks again...for helping me see the light and get some perspective... ๐Ÿ˜Š

My pleasure, you write quite well and it feels good to get another view๐Ÿ˜Š...am being very honest here๐Ÿ˜ณ

Whether the Guptas have disowned Khushi...we dont know yet...I mean 22 minutes a day is too quick to jump to a conclusion...this is televised fiction, I take it each day at a time๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ณ

.so to me what I have now to comment on is the knee jerk reaction of day 1 and day 2 ...will wait for a few episodes to conclude...to begin with her father has still sympathised with her (seemingly so) and thats great already๐Ÿ˜Š

As an aside the disappointment to me will only be if each one... including Khushi... stops believing in the fact than when all is said and done...Khushi remains a spunky girls, whose only problem is that she wishes to make everone happy...and an error of judgement on her part cannot take away her essential goodness

As for ASR, I have great expectations of him๐Ÿ˜†...of his sense and intellect ...and am still waiting...

Cheers!!
JWMRK thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovesick

amazing writing ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks appreciate you took time to read both posts๐Ÿ˜Š
JWMRK thumbnail
Originally posted by: princez-preciou

Great post :)
Totally agree... Compared to other serials iss pyaar has a very good balance of the rona dhona element..
I've literally just started watching iss pyaar.. Call me crazy but I managed to watch all arnav khushi scenes from June 6th . Within a few days and must say both Sanaya n Barun.., hats of to their acting..
Ppl are being negative towards arnav n I guess that's understandable... Yet we have to remember that he is a very strong character and if he changes ... Easily gives in... then the serial itself would be slow and less intense.

Spot on!!

I personally dont think IPPKND is an outstanding work product...and the primary reason is I cannot fakely appreciate a product that routinely takes the intelligence of its viewers for a ride...it has a great couple leading it thats it...and smetimes the Direction and Cinematography is very wll executed...thats it

...and therefore my feedback if any is always only for the creative team...the real people ...I feel they have a terrific cast, which they are not using well enough

But that said, you are right that IPPKND still is one of the least offensive things on Indian television๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...and for that I salute Lalit Mohan, he is much better than so many creative people who are trying to pass of much worse under the guise of social messages

Because when you pit it against soaps that are high on the physical abuse factor or soaps that show women in a real low light or who use crude language under the guise of Indian villages...a no no

These same Indian villages produce the strong IT, Finance, Manufacturing workforce of India and no ...all Indian as not that uncouth or petty minded.

And no yaar...most of us love the jodi right, so you are on of us๐Ÿค—

Great interacting with you ๐Ÿ˜Š...on some different issues๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by JWMRK - 12 years ago