ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Salman Khan fasts on Shivratri

Mumbai: Actor Salman Khan, who is back from shooting for Ek Tha Tiger in Cuba, was fasting for Shivratri, on Monday.

The 46-year-old actor had reportedly organised a huge feast at his farmhouse, and celebrated the festival with his family and 125 villagers staying nearby. He was joined in the celebrations by his brothers Arbaaz and Sohail Khan.

The Dabangg actor is said to have broken the fast later in the day along with his family, similar to how they do during the month of Ramzan.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_notinuse_ thumbnail
Isn't Salman muslim? ๐Ÿ˜•
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sigh.   Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: PandorasBox

His mother is Hindu.
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Salman's mom is hindu... so he's half muslim and half hindu. 
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Salman has a Hindu Mom and  a Muslim Father. He grew up with both religions.  He probably believes in both religions.  That explains why he fasted for Shivratri.
_notinuse_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

Salman's mom is hindu... so he's half muslim and half hindu. 

Oh... didn't know that! He never plays off too much on his Hindu side. I always thought he was Muslim only.

Call me ignorant but I was under the impression that most non-muslim females who marry into Islam, convert. Did Salman's mom convert?
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Oh... didn't know that! He never plays off too much on his Hindu side. I always thought he was Muslim only.

Call me ignorant but I was under the impression that most non-muslim females who marry into Islam, convert. Did Salman's mom convert?

Acc to Indian Civil law , A Hindu Woman doesn't need to convert to get married to a Muslim man and can retain her own religion. Its a different thing acc to the Shariat Law.

And Salman Khan 's family is one of the most secular families of Bollywood. They celebrate all festivals. Ganesh Chaturthi Diwali along with Id..etc.

I think she did convert and is called Salma or something. But that hardly changes anything.

Edited by Peacefull - 12 years ago
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

every year Salman has Ganpathi (visrajan & chaturthi) celebrations at his house!! 

i think Salma coverted and hence changed her name but they still celebrate hindu traditions. 

Salman always says that his family is all different religions Muslim dad, Hindu mom and Christian step-mom!!
_notinuse_ thumbnail
In any case, muslim or hindu, didn't take Salman Khan to be a devout believer. A fast here or there, or celebrating religious holidays, nothing much more than that.