Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Hello SBians, greetings to all!
My bestie (sarcozee) shared information on OCPD (that is what we thought Viraj had earlier)
Now I am gona share some information post on ASPD (Anti Social Personality Disoder) as it's been confirmed by main lead that Viraj has ASPD. So here is some information. All credits to A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia. (U.S.National Library of Medicine)
=====================================================

Antisocial personality disorder

Sociopathic personality; Sociopathy; Personality disorder - antisocial

Antisocial personality disorder is a mental health condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others. This behavior is often criminal.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

The causes of antisocial personality disorder are unknown. Genetic factors and child abuse are believed to contribute to the development of this condition. People with an antisocial or alcoholic parent are at increased risk. Far more men than women are affected. The condition is common in people who are in prison.

Fire-setting and cruelty to animals during childhood are linked to the development of antisocial personality.

Some people believe that psychopathic personality (psychopathy) is the same disorder. Others believe that psychopathic personality is a similar but more severe disorder.

Symptoms

A person with antisocial personality disorder may:

• Be able to act witty and charming

• Be good at flattery and manipulating other people's emotions

• Break the law repeatedly

• Disregard the safety of self and others

• Have problems with substance abuse

• Lie, steal, and fight often

• Not show guilt or remorse

• Often be angry or arrogant

Signs and tests

Like other personality disorders, antisocial personality disorder is diagnosed based on a psychological evaluation and the history and severity of symptoms. To be diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, a person must have had conduct disorder during childhood.

Treatment

Antisocial personality disorder is one of the most difficult personality disorders to treat. People with this condition rarely seek treatment on their own. They may only start therapy when required to by a court.

The effectiveness of treatment for antisocial personality disorder is not known. Treatments that show the person the negative consequences of illegal behavior seem to hold the most promise.

Expectations (prognosis)

Symptoms tend to peak during the late teenage years and early 20s. They sometimes improve on their own by a person's 40s.

Complications

Complications can include imprisonment, drug abuse, violence, and suicide.

Calling your health care provider

Call for an appointment with a mental health professional if:

• You have symptoms of antisocial personality disorder

• Your child shows behaviors of this disorder

References

1. Blais MA, Smallwood P, Groves JE, Rivas-Vazquez RA. Personality and personality disorders. In: Stern TA, Rosenbaum JF, Fava M, Biederman J, Rauch SL, eds. Massachusetts General Hospital Comprehensive Clinical Psychiatry. 1st ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier;2008:chap 39.

Edited by Krrish87_sweet - 21 February 2012 at 7:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

top_of_the_wind--Flora--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ASPD Information Post Reality Report Link Added" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Link Shared By Faraan:

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

top_of_the_winddrama_queen123--Flora--

--Flora--

Goldie

--Flora--

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing Krish..So Viraj has OCPD or ASPD?? In the show Dr.Rana said that he has OCPD whereas in the star news segmnt KB siad he has ASPD..think he has a combination of both..

top_of_the_windRoyalLEO_Krrish

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
I know Flora..it's confusing..although i blv on OCPD..but posted this information as Kv mentioned ASPD in his interview.. so thought to present it so that ppl can analyse it more.

top_of_the_wind--Flora--

-vandy-

IF-Stunnerz

-vandy-

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 3:56am | IP Logged
the psychiatrist in the clip(star news segment) says that if a person was normal initially and developed this disease later on...then chances of him being cured are high...

but in cases like viraj where this disease is there right from the beginning...chances of being cured are almost nil...
only proper counselling can help...but the biggest question out here is...is viraj ready to help himself????

another thing which this segment pointed out is...that under no circumstances...the fact that one is sick...gives the right to the person to turn violent!

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 9:45am | IP Logged
@ Vandy: ConfusedConfused I just post information on his condition that is about it.. I know what u guys saying "that he has no right to get violent etc. but did u read the article??
 {Genetic factors and child abuse are believed to contribute to the development of this condition. }

Symptom:
Disregard the safety of self and others

So it's not him!!! it's symptoms.

it's not about right or wrong in this case, it comes into picture when person KNOWS what he or she is doing! and whether he or she is aware that SOMEONE else's RIGHTs are snatched by their acts.

In the case of Viraj, we don't know if the symptoms were raised after he came to dobriyals or when he was left out in the orphange, we don't know the starting point?? was his dad or mom had same problems?? no we don't know, because if it genetical then he is born that way..and as he grown it only got worse... so those questions are not answered by Cvs yet... I won't make a CONCRETE decision that he is UNCURABLE untill we get those answers..

lets wait till story unfolds.

Edited by Krrish87_sweet - 22 February 2012 at 9:50am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

top_of_the_wind

-vandy-

IF-Stunnerz

-vandy-

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krrish87_sweet

@ Vandy: ConfusedConfused I just post information on his condition that is about it.. I know what u guys saying "that he has no right to get violent etc. but did u read the article??
 {Genetic factors and child abuse are believed to contribute to the development of this condition. }

Symptom:
Disregard the safety of self and others

So it's not him!!! it's symptoms.

it's not about right or wrong in this case, it comes into picture when person KNOWS what he or she is doing! and whether he or she is aware that SOMEONE else's RIGHTs are snatched by their acts.

In the case of Viraj, we don't know if the symptoms were raised after he came to dobriyals or when he was left out in the orphange, we don't know the starting point?? was his dad or mom had same problems?? no we don't know, because if it genetical then he is born that way..and as he grown it only got worse... so those questions are not answered by Cvs yet... I won't make a CONCRETE decision that he is UNCURABLE untill we get those answers..

lets wait till story unfolds.

i read the article krish...do not misunderstand me...
i am not saying he is violent...the voiceover in the video said so!
i know viraj is sick...and is showing the symptoms of his illness...but...the psychiatrist also pointed out that on the pretext of illness...one can't turn violent!...violence is something...the patient choses to do himself!
this was not said just for viraj...but for all the examples we got to see in this clip...

infact this video had two parts...i'll post both the parts in a while...

see...viraj suffers from this illness...he is said to be possesive...and disregards the safety of self and others...
fine
few days back...we saw a clip where jahnvi went out for a walk...he burnt her feet...
now if we go by the symptoms of this disease...he should've turned hyper possesive...should've made it very clear to her rudely that he did not like it...and maybe thrashed her for going against her wishes...
this would've been both the symptoms...being possesive and disregarding her safety coz she is preggers and could've lost her child
but he decided to turn violent...wat did he do???  he burnt her feet...
he chose to do such a thing...with was again disregarding her safety but with violence involved...

there are many examples which can be given...
i hope u understand wat i'm trying to say!

krish...viraj does not suffer from amnesia...that he'll forget all  he does in the fit of anger...and turns normal wen the fit is gone...! no...
he knows all that he is doing...and he enjoys doing it!
thats the difference here...coz wenever he tortures jahnvi...its not that he acts as if"oh god...did i do this??? to u???"
nopes...he doesn't do that...he is totally aware of each move he makes!

in viraj's case...though the cvs have not specified wen he developed this disease...dr. rana said that he was like this right from his childhood...
which means that he did not develop it as an adult...its something which he had right from the beginning!
as a child maybe it was not that prominent...but as he grew up...it became prominent...
infact the age at which dr. rana tried to cure him...he was not more than 10 or 11
this means at that age...his disease had started showing symptoms...which his parents thought needed counselling...

yea we should definitely wait for the cvs to unfold the story...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

minaz296--Flora--RoyalLEO_Krrish

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Ok. I wish i had something to say at this point..but for now..i have nothing to say untill Cvs make it clear to me. If they want to show him Black i can't change it. I always thought of him as a grey character..and as Kv mentioned there is Viraj in everyone...we all are sedist ...some are more...some are less...some are at extremes which is what Viraj is... he feels pleasure in torture, (that is what everyone blvs..for some strange reason i am not buying it.) but yes...that is sadist to the extreme..having pleasure while someone suffers...is sickness...

I thought that he doesn't know what he is doing..because Dr. Rana said that in her dialogues that such patients behaves that way...in certain conditions...their actions have no explainations..they just do it..implusiveness..due to unknown, difficult, rapid situation where they can't find solution..but i agree that burning Jhanvi's feet was not one of that situation which he can't control.
yes i am waiting on Cvs to clear the fog and show the mirror...

Edited by Krrish87_sweet - 22 February 2012 at 7:57pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

top_of_the_wind

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.