Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

annie_mckinnen

annie_mckinnen

Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
So this forum is now evenly divided into the Kunal haters vs the Siddhi haters depending on whether you like Sammy or Keerti Wink It's all Siddhi's fault, one side screams. No, no its Kunal who's the idiot, screams the other. Let me just try to put things in perspective here. This is a daily soap. The bottom line for everyone is that people watch and the show get high TRPs. So how do they do it? By following their "keep viewers tuning in" algorithm. And according to that the show stays interesting and/or dramatic from Monday to Thursday so people keep tuning in and then there's a huge fall on Friday leaving an open ending so people will tune in again the following week. And the cycle repeats. Think about it ... every Friday we are left wondering "WTH?". And on Thursday we are all going "Wow, really Tongue?" So to keep that drama quotient alive the behaviour of the characters has to be modified to a certain extent depending on what day of the week it is. That's why on Friday Siddhi can argue with Kunal about not fighting his own case but on Monday she can't open her mouth and tell him about Richa otherwise why will we tune in Tuesday to see what is going to be the result of her muteness? It's all the CVs playing with our beloved characters.

Still I watch because they are trying to be as honest as they can to the characters and the story line is also very different from EK's older shows. She has updated a little. Kunal's character is completely fresh in contemporary television while Siddhi's is quite conventional. And when you think about it, you do need such a pairing in real life and on television to balance out the drama of real and reel life. Can you imagine what married life would be like if Kunal had his match for a wife? Their conversation would soon degenerate into a shouting match with nothing sensible coming out of it. Because Kunal is like that - a smart, egotistic person who can only see right and wrong, black and white. He doesn't forgive and forget easily. He understanding of emotions is very different from me - he places more value on duty and responsibility that joys and sorrows. He can be a rude ass*** sometimes who looks super cool on screen, but I cannot imagine living with him for one second. My hubby watches the show sometimes with me and one day started teasing me by saying "Aaye" like Kunal. I told him "Stop. That sounds awesome when Sammy does it to Keerti on screen but if you say it once more I'm gonna slap you LOL"

And Siddhi? She is just so easily intimidated by Kunal. I remember one of their first scenes after marriage. She is fired by Thakral after Kunal warned her that's what Thakral would do. So what does Kunal do? He rubs it in by teasing her about seeing her near Powai lake. If it had been me I would have screamed at him for being an ass and shown him the mirror - "You don't work so how dare you tease me, at least I tried." Instead she politely tells him not to share the news with the family as it would upset them and promises that she will find another job and take Anand's place in the family. She is strong but also scared by this volatile person.

In yesterday's episode I agree that her initial "Suniyes" were weak. Kunal needs a strong voice to make him listen and she knows it. She has made him listen in the past. But sometimes I can't blame her - she gets shaken easily when he accuses her all of a sudden. Why should she try talking to Kunal if she knows he might insult her? Remember what he said when she was rightly asking him not to fight his own case (it is said in the legal community that a lawyer who fights his own case has a fool for a client)? Stop talking like my grandma. Still yesterday she composed herself and tried. She didn't care that he misunderstood her meeting Richa. As she told Seema, all she wanted to tell him was that they had information about the divorce and could use it in the case and he wouldn't listen. He wouldn't even pick up her phone and give her a chance to speak. And that is a character trait of Kunal that that the CVs are highlighting a lot off late. Sometimes I think, yes Kunal just walk and go to hellLOL

So the CVs have been guilty of exaggerating both characters recently. Kunal has been in his "I won't listen to anyone" mode and Siddhi in her "I won't speak" mode. That is the reason for all the misunderstandings. And misunderstandings create great drama. Admit it, we all bleed a little when we see Kunal and Siddhi pining for each other's love. Just a little Embarrassed

Thanks for reading this really long post and looking forward to your comments.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

samchinaz1312sanchanaspurvimehtaposhahraman987knrajitanyashrivastav--AiSha--AnkitaKaranpinkeyeRush2220stuti123shumi.-Raninorzar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kunal Vs. Siddhi." in Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chitsss

IF-Dazzler

chitsss

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Nice post!!!! Even I agree that both should be equally blamed.Siddhi used to speak earlier that was when I guess she had no feelings for Kunal, she has become very conscious after she accepted she loves him.

I agree you need a well balanced mix , and we do fret everytime there is a MU but dont we tune in the next day just to see whether it gets sorted out.If everything was perfect we wouldn't be so hooked.But yea I agress the CV's should not darg it for so long that it gets runied beyond redemption.

Lets look at positively , maybe this court case will help SINAL grow as a couple,Kunal did give a baashan to Siddhi about not acting like his Dadi Maa when she suggested he shouldn't fight his own case.But remember inside the court when he went to talk to Ritcha before the case started and Thakral interupted them and took Ritcha away,Kunal was going to follow them but Siddhi stopped him and he did listen.So they are making progress, though baby steps not in the leaps and bounds we would love to see.

I am happy Siddhi is going to fight this case , because it will teach Kunal a valuable lesson that he is not invincible.He needs to accept that , he is headstrong (makes him undeniably hot!!!!) and its not helping him.His second innings in life doesn't mean he wins every battle that comes his way without any effort , it means he learns from his mistakes and rectifies.And this is one lesson he has to learn. 

All the MU's would have cleared if Siddhi had opened her mouth earlier , but I feel it would not have contributed to SINAL relation.Because we are talking Kunal Chopra here, he doesn't read fine print he needs something 'BIG' , something dramatic.
It took the death of his younger brother to propel him towards giving life a second shot.
It took him a false accusation of attempted rape from his ex girlfriend to see her for what he is.
C'mon this guy doesn't even realise that his wife seemed to have wanted C-day just as much as he did.
I am not even getting into the V-day fiasco.
So guys our dear Kunal Chopra needs drama to come to his senses, so lets gibe him that.Wink

Having said this , I am not supporting Siddhi and her muteness, girl you got to start talking.Any more extension of that will be utter waste.They might as well just make her like Veena and resign her to the bedroom.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

samchinaz1312annie_mckinnenpurvimehtatanyashrivastavAnkitaKaran

lakshm

IF-Dazzler

lakshm

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
awesome post dude i was literally laughing wen u compared it with ur real life...ha ha
and the emotions changing according to week days so true...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

samchitanyashrivastavAnkitaKaran

norzar

IF-Stunnerz

norzar

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged
hi

Originally posted by annie_mckinnen

So this forum is now evenly divided into the Kunal haters vs the Siddhi haters depending on whether you like Sammy or Keerti Wink It's all Siddhi's fault, one side screams. No, no its Kunal who's the idiot, screams the other. Let me just try to put things in perspective here. This is a daily soap. The bottom line for everyone is that people watch and the show get high TRPs. So how do they do it? By following their "keep viewers tuning in" algorithm. And according to that the show stays interesting and/or dramatic from Monday to Thursday so people keep tuning in and then there's a huge fall on Friday leaving an open ending so people will tune in again the following week. And the cycle repeats. Think about it ... every Friday we are left wondering "WTH?". And on Thursday we are all going "Wow, really Tongue?" So to keep that drama quotient alive the behaviour of the characters has to be modified to a certain extent depending on what day of the week it is. That's why on Friday Siddhi can argue with Kunal about not fighting his own case but on Monday she can't open her mouth and tell him about Richa otherwise why will we tune in Tuesday to see what is going to be the result of her muteness? It's all the CVs playing with our beloved characters.

Still I watch because they are trying to be as honest as they can to the characters and the story line is also very different from EK's older shows. She has updated a little. Kunal's character is completely fresh in contemporary television while Siddhi's is quite conventional. And when you think about it, you do need such a pairing in real life and on television to balance out the drama of real and reel life. Can you imagine what married life would be like if Kunal had his match for a wife? Their conversation would soon degenerate into a shouting match with nothing sensible coming out of it. Because Kunal is like that - a smart, egotistic person who can only see right and wrong, black and white. He doesn't forgive and forget easily. He understanding of emotions is very different from me - he places more value on duty and responsibility that joys and sorrows. He can be a rude ass*** sometimes who looks super cool on screen, but I cannot imagine living with him for one second. My hubby watches the show sometimes with me and one day started teasing me by saying "Aaye" like Kunal. I told him "Stop. That sounds awesome when Sammy does it to Keerti on screen but if you say it once more I'm gonna slap you LOL"

And Siddhi? She is just so easily intimidated by Kunal. I remember one of their first scenes after marriage. She is fired by Thakral after Kunal warned her that's what Thakral would do. So what does Kunal do? He rubs it in by teasing her about seeing her near Powai lake. If it had been me I would have screamed at him for being an ass and shown him the mirror - "You don't work so how dare you tease me, at least I tried." Instead she politely tells him not to share the news with the family as it would upset them and promises that she will find another job and take Anand's place in the family. She is strong but also scared by this volatile person.

In yesterday's episode I agree that her initial "Suniyes" were weak. Kunal needs a strong voice to make him listen and she knows it. She has made him listen in the past. But sometimes I can't blame her - she gets shaken easily when he accuses her all of a sudden. Why should she try talking to Kunal if she knows he might insult her? Remember what he said when she was rightly asking him not to fight his own case (it is said in the legal community that a lawyer who fights his own case has a fool for a client)? Stop talking like my grandma. Still yesterday she composed herself and tried. She didn't care that he misunderstood her meeting Richa. As she told Seema, all she wanted to tell him was that they had information about the divorce and could use it in the case and he wouldn't listen. He wouldn't even pick up her phone and give her a chance to speak. And that is a character trait of Kunal that that the CVs are highlighting a lot off late. Sometimes I think, yes Kunal just walk and go to hellLOL

So the CVs have been guilty of exaggerating both characters recently. Kunal has been in his "I won't listen to anyone" mode and Siddhi in her "I won't speak" mode. That is the reason for all the misunderstandings. And misunderstandings create great drama. 
Admit it, we all bleed a little when we see Kunal and Siddhi pining for each other's love. Just a little Embarrassed

Thanks for reading this really long post and looking forward to your comments.

thanks for this much need post, 

enjoyed reading it and i agree with you.

red@ exactly , it painful seeing sinal crave and pine for one another. 

norzar

Edited by norzar - 21 February 2012 at 5:32am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AnkitaKaran

norzar

IF-Stunnerz

norzar

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 5:29am | IP Logged
hi

Originally posted by chitsss

Nice post!!!! Even I agree that both should be equally blamed.Siddhi used to speak earlier that was when I guess she had no feelings for Kunal, she has become very conscious after she accepted she loves him.

I agree you need a well balanced mix , and we do fret everytime there is a MU but dont we tune in the next day just to see whether it gets sorted out.If everything was perfect we wouldn't be so hooked.But yea I agress the CV's should not darg it for so long that it gets runied beyond redemption.

Lets look at positively , maybe this court case will help SINAL grow as a couple,Kunal did give a baashan to Siddhi about not acting like his Dadi Maa when she suggested he shouldn't fight his own case.But remember inside the court when he went to talk to Ritcha before the case started and Thakral interupted them and took Ritcha away,Kunal was going to follow them but Siddhi stopped him and he did listen.So they are making progress, though baby steps not in the leaps and bounds we would love to see.

I am happy Siddhi is going to fight this case , because it will teach Kunal a valuable lesson that he is not invincible.He needs to accept that , he is headstrong (makes him undeniably hot!!!!) and its not helping him.His second innings in life doesn't mean he wins every battle that comes his way without any effort , it means he learns from his mistakes and rectifies.And this is one lesson he has to learn. 

All the MU's would have cleared if Siddhi had opened her mouth earlier , but I feel it would not have contributed to SINAL relation.Because we are talking Kunal Chopra here, 
he doesn't read fine print he needs something 'BIG' , something dramatic.
It took the death of his younger brother to propel him towards giving life a second shot.
It took him a false accusation of attempted rape from his ex girlfriend to see her for what he is.
C'mon this guy doesn't even realise that his wife seemed to have wanted C-day just as much as he did.
I am not even getting into the V-day fiasco.
So guys our dear Kunal Chopra needs drama to come to his senses, so lets gibe him that.Wink

Having said this , I am not supporting Siddhi and her muteness, girl you got to start talking.Any more extension of that will be utter waste.They might as well just make her like Veena and resign her to the bedroom.

red@ even i am looking at it this way,

blue@ and i feel something dramatic has to happen for him to accept fully that he loves siddhi, thats why cvs have not shown siddhi confessing to kunal yet, they are waiting for a dramatic turn 

norzar

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

samchitanyashrivastavAnkitaKaran

Fariyal

IF-Dazzler

Fariyal

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 5:43am | IP Logged
I agree with the whole "keep viewers tuning in" algorithm, there is a reason behind why the story flows a certain way that is based on research. Besides, the show is aired across the country & beyond, through the hinterlands & cities & aims to appeal to different mind sets. Its also supposed to be a family based show,hence the "drama" quotient will naturally be on the higher side than the romance.

As far as Siddhi goes, i have no expectations, since she is an EK leading lady. Like it or lump it, she will shine & end up as another demi goddess with the usual mantra chanting in the BG.

But Kunal's character? I dont buy it. His character is all over the place, swinging like a pendulum b/w brilliant lawyer in court & confounded husband/son at home.
Most of us love the brusque, sardonic even egotistical side of Kunal, but along with that we are getting doses of an illogical, thoughtless person that jumps to conclusions, in a very un-lawyer like manner.
If he is this smart person who can only see right & wrong, black & white, then why did the bells not go off in his head, when Witcha while pretending to be drunk was all over him & said she still loved him?? Wasn't that "black" enough for him to start thinking differently?
I find it odd that, even when he does something good, its usually a result of him overhearing something or being told something & not bcz he figured it out on his own. Like, when he brings bk Siddhi's jewellery from the pawn shop, bcz he "overheard" he'sr & Kapil's talk & not bcz he dug deeper & came up with facts to support his conclusion! Has Kunal ever reached the "right" conclusion on his own, without it being hammered into his head by some external party/force?
A normal, educated person doesnot compartmentalize his life to such an extent that he locks up his skills at his work place every evening & returns home as the hair brained husband/son.
The cvs were ambitious in trying to create a multi-layered personality, but what comes across in many instances is more of a "split personality" & lack of creativity & attention to detail is apparent.

@chitss, you said - "Because we are talking Kunal Chopra here, he doesn't read fine print he needs something 'BIG' , something dramatic.
It took him a false accusation of attempted rape from his ex girlfriend to see her for what he is."
  Exactly my point! A lawyer is trained to read the "fine print" & to look for & dissect the minutest details so why does this gold medalist, need something BIG to drive a point home?

"C'mon this guy doesn't even realise that his wife seemed to have wanted C-day just as much as he did" Then the only thing left now, is for Siddhi to get into Chikni Chameli modeLOL

All said & done, inspite of the various hatchet jobs & tardy editing & other bloopers, I still watch the show to catch a glimpse of Sameer at his best as this cynical, tough exteriored, gruff Kunal Blushing I can only be thankful for the fast fwd button for all the rest.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

samchinaz1312annie_mckinnentanyashrivastavAnkitaKaran

tanyashrivastav

IF-Dazzler

tanyashrivastav

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 6:03am | IP Logged
lovely post dear...loved how u analyzed the entire situation...loved reading it...

pinkeye

IF-Rockerz

pinkeye

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 7:34am | IP Logged
really well written. u people really know how to put your expressions into words. Clap  Its true dat its only a drama and characters are fictional. they can be realistic but not real. drama needs high points, twists for its continuity. so cv s get carried away and make the characters swing as per their wish. we viewers know dat but stiil each time expects some exceptions. but I must say that parichay story is not dat ott, tries to be real in certain situations. regarding sinal, cv s are building climax for a dhamakedar twist i guess. is it positive or negative for them time will tell. till then, we will tune into this quite a good drama with all our love, anger, disappointments. Smile

Edited by pinkeye - 21 February 2012 at 8:11am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

samchi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top