Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: jonyeastwood

i'm also in the list of person's who had tv with 8 channel's only. we had a 21inch tv of bush brand.
in those day's our's was the best tv. my dada-ji had a black&white tv which had shutter's in front of screen to close the screenπŸ˜†. the shutter's would come from left & right and meet at center of screen.

Nishant... Same Pinch... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

We had the Bush TV only [For Which Me n My Bro used to Leg Pull a lot of My Dadaji... coz wo Unhone laya tha... 🀣]... 21 inch with 8 TV channels... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† We had shutter from Up to down... 🀣 Put Up when U want to see... and Pull it down after Switching off the TV... πŸ˜ƒ

wow... Ekta's Snowy Screen TV is bringing back so many TV memories... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Chalo MAte , Since U typed so much for snowy day @ SGP 

Everyone said everything more . I remembered those Mahabharat days which U kids don't remember . πŸ€£   V still face those snowy screens , depending on interest for the program . It bugs or not . makes us impatient or not .  

I m too tired to form more thoughts let alone type it .. bye sweety  πŸ€—
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jonyeastwood

i'm also in the list of person's who had tv with 8 channel's only. we had a 21inch tv of bush brand.
in those day's our's was the best tv. my dada-ji had a black&white tv which had shutter's in front of screen to close the screenπŸ˜†. the shutter's would come from left & right and meet at center of screen.

😲 That's so cool!! I saw those shutter tvs only on tv before. πŸ˜†

Just how old are you guys with the eight channels and channel/show names that I never heard of?? πŸ˜† Makes me feel very young!! 🀣

Waise, right now...I have a beautiful looking tv in my house. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ 🀣 Although my family's getting greedy and now wants a huge flat screen. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

@ Loney: Ya, I miss Lizzy McGuire too...I used to watch it with my friend in her apartment then...good ol' days...

@ Neha: Thanks for sharing even though you're very tired and you already shared this elsewhere. 😳 I hope you get a lot of rest and stay healthy. 😊 And enjoy a consistently working tv...provided that you have enough time for it. πŸ˜†

jonyeastwood thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadameX

😲 That's so cool!! I saw those shutter tvs only on tv before. πŸ˜†

Just how old are you guys with the eight channels and channel/show names that I never heard of?? πŸ˜† Makes me feel very young!! 🀣

Waise, right now...I have a beautiful looking tv in my house. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ 🀣 Although my family's getting greedy and now wants a huge flat screen. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

just 23, mateee🀣🀣.  our dadaji had those black&white with shutter tv till early 90's

angrezoo ko true indian show's ke barre mai kay pata hoga🀣🀣
they were the classic indian show's and everyone used to watch them, and the next day in school's & office's people used to discuss those.😊

I forgot to tell u that our 8 channel tv set of bush, didn't had remote🀒, we had to go to the tv to chance the channel.πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

sachi if u had the bush tv then u must be familiar that the tv's picture used to move from up-to-down or in vice-verse direction & we had to adjust it by rotating a dial under the channel bottom. If it didn't fixed in frusteration😑 i used to bang hard on the tv setπŸ˜†
Edited by jonyeastwood - 12 years ago
.FearlessSoul. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pandas795

I LOVED that show πŸ˜† Of course, i saw it in America so there was never a problem XD

you were lucky πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hi SGPians..πŸ€—... Lovely post Ekta and beautiful ones others...πŸ˜ƒ... had a nostalgia when watched all glued to the idiot box... yeah those were the days in my life too when i used to take a break time to run to my neighbour's house to watch HUM LOG or a BUNIYAAD... sometimes never used to understand ...but the fun to watch it together with others and the bonding between the neighbours were just so amazing... and now is the era, each member of a single family has different preferences and jiske haath mein remote...channel sune uski zubaan...πŸ˜•... though thankfully even now in our family we see to it that good family programmes we sit together to watch and then get back to our respective work... still miss those golden days of DD, where even a saptahiki , we used to look forward to, a ramayana used to make us finish off our studies fast, a chitramala used to make us eager to see our respective language quench... and in desire of that one song, we used to watch all the regional songs... truly NATIONAL and now feel PATRIOTIC too..😭.. and if not anything, a apun yaana pahile ka used to keep us glued to the idiot box.....DD National and DD Metro had limited programmes and worked on its monopoly with its magical wand of our desires... BUT  now the channels and the programmes r just too many, but our desires to watch them is just not the same...πŸ₯±

oh yeah... that constant patting on the TV by Suhana,πŸ˜† also reminded my harkatein when i used to drool over Jassi during the jassi jaisi koi nahin days... once my husband just tried hitting the TV sideways and LO, it started working...😲.. so that became the key to get back the screen back to action... i used to get wild exactly like Suhana to see jassi that i used to actually whack it up, so much that once i noticed even my 3 year old child learnt this trick of getting the dead screen back to live and started hitting it badly... oh gosh... i had to stop this tareeka after watching him ape us...πŸ˜†...

so yeah... had a nostalgic feeling watching the monday episode and yes watching SGP after a long long time... or shall i say... JPWM pulled me back to SGP???πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Edited by -allizwell- - 12 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Originally posted by: -allizwell-

Hi SGPians..πŸ€—... Lovely post Ekta and beautiful ones others...πŸ˜ƒ... had a nostalgia when watched all glued to the idiot box... yeah those were the days in my life too when i used to take a break time to run to my neighbour's house to watch HUM LOG or a BUNIYAAD... sometimes never used to understand ...but the fun to watch it together with others and the bonding between the neighbours were just so amazing... and now is the era, each member of a single family has different preferences and jiske haath mein remote...channel sune uski zubaan...πŸ˜•... though thankfully even now in our family we see to it that good family programmes we sit together to watch and then get back to our respective work... still miss those golden days of DD, where even a saptahiki , we used to look forward to, a ramayana used to make us finish off our studies fast, a chitramala used to make us eager to see our respective language quench... and in desire of that one song, we used to watch all the regional songs... truly NATIONAL and now feel PATRIOTIC too..😭.. and if not anything, a apun yaana pahile ka used to keep us glued to the idiot box.....DD National and DD Metro had limited programmes and worked on its monopoly with its magical wand of our desires... BUT  now the channels and the programmes r just too many, but our desires to watch them is just not the same...πŸ₯±

oh yeah... that constant patting on the TV by Suhana,πŸ˜† also reminded my harkatein when i used to drool over Jassi during the jassi jaisi koi nahin days... once my husband just tried hitting the TV sideways and LO, it started working...😲.. so that became the key to get back the screen back to action... i used to get wild exactly like Suhana to see jassi that i used to actually whack it up, so much that once i noticed even my 3 year old child learnt this trick of getting the dead screen back to live and started hitting it badly... oh gosh... i had to stop this tareeka after watching him ape us...πŸ˜†...

so yeah... had a nostalgic feeling watching the monday episode and yes watching SGP after a long long time... or shall i say... JPWM pulled me back to SGP???πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

ab to I am 200% sure ki Aap Laxmi Di hi ho...  πŸ€— Seeing you after a very long time... 😊How are you?? Kese ho aap... πŸ˜ƒ

BTW -- I was also a big follower of Jassi Jaisi koi nahin... πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Patting on the TV was also popular at my Home... Mostly my Bro used to hit TV dhadam dhadam... and Dadaji used to chillaofy on him... as wo TV Dadaji ke jamane ka tha... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

111192 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sachi16

ab to I am 200% sure ki Aap Laxmi Di hi ho...  πŸ€— Seeing you after a very long time... 😊How are you?? Kese ho aap... πŸ˜ƒ

BTW -- I was also a big follower of Jassi Jaisi koi nahin... πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Patting on the TV was also popular at my Home... Mostly my Bro used to hit TV dhadam dhadam... and Dadaji used to chillaofy on him... as wo TV Dadaji ke jamane ka tha... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

sukar hai aise koi samsaya humare TV ke saath kabhi nahi hueπŸ˜†
^i read that as pottying on the TV was also popular at my home.πŸ˜†
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Originally posted by: .sb.

^i read that as pottying on the TV was also popular at my home.πŸ˜†

Aankho ke number check kara jake SB... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Thank God mere se TYPO nai hua... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ