Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: crazygod

Even from first episode I am also trying to understand Viraj... 

He burnt her legs, because she tried to run away. He helped her family to indebt them and Jhanvi, so that Jhanvi doesn't complain. He installed video cameras as he wanted her to be in front of her, and also due to mistrust that he has for people. he gave her a cold wash, because she was impured by playing with hitler. Made her repeatedly set the cupboard whole night, because she left dupatta lying unattended. punished her and made her sing whole night, as she never told him that she can sing and he felt stupid at the party for not knowing his wife's talents. Raped her as he saw her with Sanjay, am I not enough for you. Implicated Jhanvi's father in false case, as he knew she is going to tell them about his behavior (also rape)... so on and so forth. Everytime a punishment happened it gave us an insight into his psyche. So there has always been a disturbing action, and his reaction to it, justified by his own logics. He has behaved radically extreme, manipulative but not insane. He lives life and sees things with his own logics.  And he being an OCPD patient, everything (especially related to Jhanvi) affects his soul, and thats why we see him doing extreme things... 

Here, he himself shared his past through a twisted truth, to ensure Jhanvi doesn't believe Sanjay or anyone who will say bad about his past. It was his choice to speak about his past. 

Then he got upset with his past being brought up by Jhanvi, and her request to bring Payal home. So there were two troubling things that happenned; one was Jhanvi taking the liberty to ask him to do something which he doesn't want; second was bringing up his past. So if these were the disturbing actions, what should have been his reaction to them. What he said in that scene, was not justifying any of it, from his logic of things. There is a difference between OCPD and an insane (mad) person. So does it mean he is turning insane. Who knows... 

yes, now I get what you understand about Viraj and it has helped me to take a 'short cut' and understand him quicker. 

from what you say, he seems to be an out and out criminal first and foremost. Jahnvi is too gullible. (but in this episode she did something out of character!)  And now on top of that he has OCPD. 

Edited by Hiral_Madame - 12 years ago
shikha-sw thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@crazygod

I agree that the scene was disappointing, and didn't make much of sense... Infact overall the show is slowly becoming confusing and stagnant also... Story seems like it has stuck where it was 30-40 episodes back. Apart from Viraj's past, Dadi's accident, CV's have given us nothing more... Its same old suffering Jhanvi, still feeling Viraj loves her, and same old torturing Viraj... Its too soon ti run out of story ideas...