Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: nureat01

Abhik is adorable...lol I love how he just quietly smiles, does his piece and leaves...talented kid...I hope he goes far in his career...yeah he does look like Angad Hasija a bit...a sort of baby faced version of himπŸ˜†...more reminiscent especially of the time that Angad was playing that mental childish version of Aalekh.

Anyways, yeah I also think Varun might face the axe cuz it's likely someone from TKT will go given they are six...and out of those six, his being from the south might not work in his favor...which sucks cuz he's  a FABULOUS dancer.

Oh ditto on Mohena...I said the same in another thread...she's like a poor man's Shakti...very similar to Shakti dancing style wise given they are both from Terence's school but Shakti is on a whole another level...it shows the difference b/w a star and a regular dancer...Shakti had that star quality...Mohena doesn't.

And yes I agree about Raghav's creativity too...half the time I love his impromptu choreographies AFTER his actual act more than the act itself...like the loose motion one with JaiπŸ˜† and the rose one he did for Bipasha...whatever he does, he does it in a full on creative and entertaining way that it engages the audience...I think his creativity is giving him the edge at this point...dancers toh they all are on the stage right now but you have to differentiate yourself...he's doing that pretty well.

I think he could do good contemporary if Terence works on him a bit more...he seems to have a lot of body control...that could help him with contemporary...he did add some elements of contemporary in his solo this week waise...he could expand on that.

Okay so its not just me πŸ˜† yeah he's like a baby version of Angad/Alekh..πŸ˜† 

It does suck. Varun is very talented :( Urvashi definitely should be eliminated first. And dada should be out of town or something so he doesn't waste the veto power on her πŸ˜†..I think dad only notices her face when she "dances." Every episode, masters are criticizing her and all dada can say is you're sooo pretty. πŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Dr. Sonal Mansingh pointed her faults immediately and dada is like you're so beautiful. πŸ˜† 

Yah definitely shows the difference between a star and regular dancer..a similar difference was obvious between Mayuresh and Punit..

Hahaha I love his impromptu stuff more than his performances also πŸ˜† The bits with Jai and Bipasha were hilarious πŸ˜† His creativity totally sets him apart from the rest..I don't remember his exact words after his Ramayan performance but he was basically saying he's sucha  thin Raavan..it was hilarious πŸ˜† This guy is entertaining for sure πŸ˜† Terence has said he's going to work hard to make Raghav succeed at different styles..so I'm curious to see what happens..and what styles Terence makes Raghav attempt..
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocolover89

It does suck. Varun is very talented :( Urvashi definitely should be eliminated first. And dada should be out of town or something so he doesn't waste the veto power on her πŸ˜†..I think dad only notices her face when she "dances." Every episode, masters are criticizing her and all dada can say is you're sooo pretty. πŸ€ͺπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Dr. Sonal Mansingh pointed her faults immediately and dada is like you're so beautiful. πŸ˜† 

Yah definitely shows the difference between a star and regular dancer..a similar difference was obvious between Mayuresh and Punit..

Hahaha I love his impromptu stuff more than his performances also πŸ˜† The bits with Jai and Bipasha were hilarious πŸ˜† His creativity totally sets him apart from the rest..I don't remember his exact words after his Ramayan performance but he was basically saying he's sucha  thin Raavan..it was hilarious πŸ˜† This guy is entertaining for sure πŸ˜† Terence has said he's going to work hard to make Raghav succeed at different styles..so I'm curious to see what happens..and what styles Terence makes Raghav attempt..

Oh don't even get me started on Urvashi...I was glad that Dr. Mansingh pointed out that she couldn't even freakin BALANCE herself while holding the poses on one foot...SHAKAL ke basis pe how long will this girl carry along? It sucks but thanks to her, a bunch of other talented contestants will keep leaving while she sticks around to show us more of her morning stretches in lieu of dancingπŸ˜†

LMAO Raghav called himself a TSUNAMI PEEDIT KISAAN🀣...that was hilarious.

Chalo let's see what Terence manages to do with Raghav...the show has become a little more interesting in some ways now compared to the early weeks atleastπŸ˜†
-simi- thumbnail
I agree with you but only to some extent.

In order to be the master of one style and make a name for yourself, you do need to focus only on one style..

BUT in order to actually BECOME big in dancing, you have to show your versatility. Its not about how many dance forms you know.. its about how good you are at attempting a new dance style.

A good dancer is one that is a master in their own style of dance, and ALSO one that can be learn new technique quickly, use their own 'major' in different dance styles. 

As far as terence,geeta, and remo are concerned, i am sure that when they were emerging dancers, they also had to prove themselves to be versatile. But after a certain point, when you have made your mark, you only have to focus in your style to become a 'star'.

Easy_A thumbnail
Versatility is always welcome in my world but only after you have mastered your line of work. Then, and only then, should you venture into other territories. 

Master of one trade, jack of the rest > Jack of all trades, master of none 

Edited by Easy_A - 12 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
When you Master All, you become a Grand Master like Mithun πŸ˜†
VatsShrutika thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Urvashi tells her forte is contemporary.. Well, I haven't ever seen her doing a decent contemporary routine.. Lets not expect versatality from here because she's still stuck on 'd' of any dance.. But seriously she needs to improve ALOT.. I wouldn't have problem with her if she was growing as a dancer but she's stuck.. I wished to see someone grow as much as Amar did.. Raghav has done a fab job till now.. Hope to see some contemporary or salsa from him.. Sanam was really good till mega audis.. From the gala epi I started disliking him.. And also Remo seems so reluctant to accept any criticism this season which irritates.. Sneha and piyali have shown improvement.. Though not as much as Alisha and Amar.. Waiting to see some good performance..Edited by VatsShrutika - 12 years ago
uvebeenhad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think versatility is extremely important in dance, it kind of separates the curd from the whey. But its true, you need to be a master in your genre, there needs to be emphasis on clean lines and less on props and stuff that are less about dance. I hate to make comparisons with SYTYCD because its not fair to DID but I think here I will. The link I posted below is a jazz routine by a bboy dancer called Hok who was only trained in hip-hop and locking but his performance below in a genre so alien to him earned him rave reviews. I would like to see the contestants go beyond their comfort zone and challenge themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWdIwCGjbE
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Versatility is actually of utmost importance in such concepts. First of all it is a 'general' dance show and not a 'specific' dance show. Secondly, if everyone did the their own thing, we would be comparing apples to oranges. You simply cannot fairly compare apples and oranges, nor can you arbitrarily decide that oranges are better. By including versatility we compare one basket of fruit to another.

That is one person maybe good at X dance and the other person at Y dance. Both are extremely proficient at their genre and close to perfection. They get a 10/10 in their respective genre. Without versatility, you are forced two compare two different genres and arbitrarily decide which dance is better than the other. Introduce versatility and you can now get a better comparison.

Focus on versatility is not saying jack of all is better. The goal is to challenge dancers and find a fair factor to compare people who may have different genre strengths.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Summer3

When you Master All, you become a Grand Master like Mithun πŸ˜†

🀣 Good one...
Edited by Nishita123 - 12 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nishita123

🀣 Good one...