Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Mili27

Goldie

Mili27

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Today, SBS did confirm that Jahnvi is going to run away from Viraj and begin a new life with a new man. Good for any unhappy woman, I'm not contesting anyone's right to live a peaceful life and enjoy marital bliss. 

However, a flurry of questions are arising in mind and I thought I would throw out these questions to my friends in the forum.

So here are my questions.

1. If this show is an exact copy of SWTE , don't you think that the Cvs have erred by showing the troubled past of Viraj and his OCPD?

2. Would not it be better if like the show, Shravanthi, the husband was presented as a villain rather than an ambiguous man like Viraj who was capable of deep passion as well as violent rage?

3. Considering the Indian context and our so called high moral standards, will Jahnvi's decision to desert her 'sick' husband be viewed as an ethical decision?

4. I do understand that Jahnvi would be taking a practical, wordly wise decision, but in a country where shows about long suffering, all forgiving d-i-ls rule the roost, will Jahnvi manage to get sympathy for deserting the mentally unstable Viraj. Remember this is country where a woman is expected to be more than just a wife, she is expected to mother her husband too.

5. Where a woman is supposed to be like Savitri who brought her husband back from death, how will Jahnvi be judged by the masses?

All those who have reading my posts, know that I stay clear of actors and lay emphasis on characters. I am also eagerly awaiting the arrival of HC, but personally instead of J running away, I would  have preferred if she had been upfront about her decision.

I will again reiterate that Jahnvi lacks the courage to take an honourable decision about her own life. 

Requesting everyone to share their opinion, and silent readers, do break your silence now.Big smile

Edited by sarcozee - 18 February 2012 at 3:23am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kriti1234--Flora--sectorflutterbyRoyalLEO_Krrishcarisma2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "WAKING UP WITH THE ENEMY !" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-vandy-

IF-Stunnerz

-vandy-

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarcozee

Today, SBS did confirm that Jahnvi is going to run away from Viraj and begin a new life with a new man. Good for any unhappy woman, I'm not contesting anyone's right to live a peaceful life and enjoy marital bliss. 

However, a flurry of questions are arising in mind and I thought I would throw out these questions to my friends in the forum.

1. If this show is an exact copy of SWTE , don't you think that the Cvs have erred by showing the troubled past of Viraj and his OCPD?

2. Would not it be better if like the show, Shravanthi, the husband was presented as a villain rather than an ambiguous man like Viraj who was capable of deep passion as well as violent rage?

3. Considering the Indian context and our so called high moral standards, will Jahnvi's decision to desert her 'sick' husband be viewed as an ethical decision?

4. I do understand that Jahnvi would be taking a practical, wordly wise decision, but in a country where shows about long suffering, all forgiving d-i-ls rule the roost, will Jahnvi manage to get sympathy for deserting the mentally unstable Viraj. Remember this is country where a woman is expected to be more than just a wife, she is expected to mother her husband too.

5. Where a woman is supposed to be like Savitri who brought her husband back from death, how will Jahnvi be judged by the masses?

All those who have reading my posts, know that I stay clear of actors and lay emphasis on characters. I am also eagerly awaiting the arrival of HC, but personally instead of J running away, I would  have preferred if she had been upfront about her decision.

I will again reiterate that Jahnvi lacks the courage to take an honourable decision about her own life. 

Requesting everyone to share their opinion, and silent readers, do break your silence now.Big smile
sarcozee...

i haven't watched SWTE...so have no idea abt the storyline...but i agree that the cvs should not have shown viraj having this illness...he should've been shown as a plain villain...

i agree with our high moral standards...but...
this decision of jahnvi will be ethical coz...it'll inspire other women who are suffering the same torture to atleast think abt ways to amend their lives...it'll help womem suffering from domestic violence to raise their voice...and try and get themselves a better life which they deserve!
i agree all our shows are full of sufferings and forgiveness...but am glad sawbhagyawati will be standing apart in this crowd and create an example with which ppl will be able to relate...

the masses know that gone are the days of sati and savitri...todays woman has a mind of her own...and knows wats right and wats wrong for her...and i'm sure if savitri's hubby would've been as tortorous as viraj...she would've never brought him back from the dead(just kiddingLOL)

frankly i do not want viraj to die or anything of that sort...but i want jahnvi to get another chance in her life to start her life afresh...to know that marriage does not mean a life which viraj gave her...there are more beautiful things in life...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

philMili27manasi_31anitarani

Mili27

Goldie

Mili27

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 4:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -vandy-

[QUOTE=sarcozee]Today, SBS did confirm that Jahnvi is going to run away from Viraj and begin a new life with a new man. Good for any unhappy woman, I'm not contesting anyone's right to live a peaceful life and enjoy marital bliss. 

sarcozee...

i haven't watched SWTE...so have no idea abt the storyline...but i agree that the cvs should not have shown viraj having this illness...he should've been shown as a plain villain...

i agree with our high moral standards...but...
this decision of jahnvi will be ethical coz...it'll inspire other women who are suffering the same torture to atleast think abt ways to amend their lives...it'll help womem suffering from domestic violence to raise their voice...and try and get themselves a better life which they deserve!
i agree all our shows are full of sufferings and forgiveness...but am glad sawbhagyawati will be standing apart in this crowd and create an example with which ppl will be able to relate...

the masses know that gone are the days of sati and savitri...todays woman has a mind of her own...and knows wats right and wats wrong for her...and i'm sure if savitri's hubby would've been as tortorous as viraj...she would've never brought him back from the dead(just kiddingLOL)

frankly i do not want viraj to die or anything of that sort...but i want jahnvi to get another chance in her life to start her life afresh...to know that marriage does not mean a life which viraj gave her...there are more beautiful things in life...

Hello Vandy,

Even I am all for Jahnvi getting her share of happiness that she deserves. The only thing I do not agree with is this running away bit. She should walk out with her head held high, seek divorce and lead a carefree life. Running away will make her a fugitive. Perpetually nervous and edgy.

The high moral standard is hypocrisy but you cannot deny that all show toppers are about women who suffer without any reason whatsoever. That gives them TRPs, that gets them sponsors. You, I and other forum mates are in a minority.

The Cvs should not have highlighted Viraj as an OCPD patient. When I told my Mom about this new track, she said, OH Poor Viraj and I am sure there are many others like her.LOL

Edited by sarcozee - 18 February 2012 at 4:03am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RoyalLEO_Krrish

-vandy-

IF-Stunnerz

-vandy-

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarcozee

Hello Vandy,

Even I am all for Jahnvi getting her share of happiness that she deserves. The only thing I do not agree with is this running away bit. She should walk out with her head held high, seek divorce and lead a carefree life. Running away will make her a fugitive. Perpetually nervous and edgy.

The high moral standard is hypocrisy but you cannot deny that all show toppers are about women who suffer without any reason whatsoever. That gives them TRPs, that gets them sponsors. You, I and other forum mates are in a minority.

The Cvs should not have highlighted Viraj as an OCPD patient. When I told my Mom about this new track, she said, OH Poor Viraj and I am sure there are many others like her.LOL

i agree that she should've walked free with her  head held high...but i don't think at present she has the guts to do any such thing...
i agree running away from viraj will make her perpetually nervous and edgy...but i guess this is where the new guy in her life will play a vital role...
this new guy whom the articles have called jahnvi's saviour will maybe help her to regain her strength...get back her confidence...start trusting ppl...and wen she is strong enough...eventually she will face viraj...
if the cvs show jahnvi defying viraj openly...that'll be against her character...jahnvi is not a very outspoken or defying type of girl...

u have to believe that if she is going to run away...that means viraj will definitely do something which'll test her patience totally and she'll lose it...being the submissive girl she is...and knowing how viraj is or wat he is capable of...jahnvi would rather run away from him than face him!

i agree we forum ppl are in minority...but even though indian audience are suckers for such hypocrisy's...they've always welcomed reality with open arms...
there is a section of the audience which believes in the mindset that women are not an object...they r human and and full rights of speaking against wrongs...

i don't know where u stay...but i stay in india...and here the general idea abt OCPD or any mental disease is"ohh god he is mad!" and its better that mad ppl stay in asylums rather than torturing their wivesLOLLOL
believe me...the trp giving audience would want jahnvi to stay away from a mentally ill patient...coz indian mindset is such that a person who is mentally ill...he/she cannot be cured...he she is mad and will always be considered insane...and the societty will never accept them...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mili27anitarani

Manipadma

Manipadma

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 5:15am | IP Logged
I'm not giving any logical or thoghtful reason...bt if Viraj dies me n my family will definatly quit the show , cozzz we looove his charecter n really looking forward 4 his treatment n his happy married life wid jahnvi ...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ZunairaSafdarMili27RoyalLEO_KrrishLaxshaLOVEArshi

harshad.diwani

Goldie

harshad.diwani

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged
No woman wants to break her marriage if she's happy with her husband but when a woman takes this step because her husband tortures her so much (physically/mentally) that she reaches to the verge of seperation.a divorce..so same thing is happening with jhanvi...but runaway is not a good thing.running away is not a solution..it will make viraj more brutal & pagal..
so jhanvi should take a divorce from viraj...she deserves happiness & peaceful life with other man...but if eastern girl take a divorce from her husband always effected most after divorce or khula because she has to live in the same society and face same people..
but today's woman is strong...today's woman is not sati savitri...today's woman is educated..knows what is right & what is wrong...she has a right to do anything like man..she has a right to get happiness...if satisavitri suffers torture m sure she would have left her hubby asap...no woman can tolerate tortures...

i alsowant that viraj should not die...he is a villian but also a patient...have some sympathy for him...fisrt tym i want villian should not die...

Edited by harshad.diwani - 18 February 2012 at 5:57am

ZunairaSafdarMili27

Mili27

Goldie

Mili27

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 6:14am | IP Logged
@vandy. Totally agree with you. But personally speaking I would have liked an emotionally healed Jahnvi opt for the other person. Not all women in real life are lucky enough to have another man waiting to save her. But anyways, good going for Jahnvi. Big smile

ZunairaSafdarRoyalLEO_Krrish

Mili27

Goldie

Mili27

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=harshad.diwani]No woman wants to break her marriage if she's happy with her husband but when a woman takes this step because her husband tortures her so much (physically/mentally) that she reaches to the verge of seperation.a divorce..so same thing is happening with jhanvi...but runaway is not a good thing.running away is not a solution..it will make viraj more brutal & pagal..
so jhanvi should take a divorce from viraj...she deserves happiness & peaceful life with other man...but if eastern girl take a divorce from her husband always effected most after divorce or khula because she has to live in the same society and face same people..
but today's woman is strong...today's woman is not sati savitri...today's woman is educated..knows what is right & what is wrong...she has a right to do anything like man..she has a right to get happiness...if satisavitri suffers torture m sure she would have left her hubby asap...no woman can tolerate tortures...

i alsowant that viraj should not die...he is a villian but also a patient...have some sympathy for him...fisrt tym i want villian should not die...

Mental insanity is a valid enough ground for getting a divorce. Running away is wrong, it is like cheating a person and one's conscience can never be at ease. Viraj's death would bring a closure and I think that is what the story is heading to.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.