Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Interview with Abhishek

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 18 April 2005 at 8:50am | IP Logged

"I feel funny doing romantic scenes with Ritu"

Modelling, music videos, plays and now TV serials. Prashant Golecha spoke to Vivan Bathena who wants to make it big in Bollywood.

How did acting happen?

I won the Mr. Grasim India title in 2001. I had modelled for a variety of products. I had done few music videos including Falguni Pathak's Maine Payal Hai Chankai. Currently, I am the brand ambassador for Parachute hair cream. I had no intention to take up television acting. I had no formal training. I did plays like The Verdict, O God, Champagne on the house. I took up the offer of Kehna Hai Kuuch Mujko to play Pallavi Joshi's son to begin with. The set up was very good. It was an interesting beginning.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/15ap r/interview_vivan.phphttp://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/15ap r/interview_vivan.php

Were you disappointed when Kehna Hai Kuuch Mujko failed and went off air?

I was disappointed. Infact everyone in the team was. We all had worked hard and one fine day the serial went off air all of a sudden.

How did you land up in the role of Abhishek in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi?

When I was doing Kehna Hai Kuuch Mujko, I was considered for many roles at different times. Somehow it was not working out. I was even considered to play Saahil in Kyuni... Then one day I was told about the negative role of Abhishek and I started shooting the next day.

You are more recognized for partying than acting. Comment.

Yes it is true. I worked for MTV as a VJ for a year where the work involved attending parties. So I got the tag of a regular party-goer and that image has been carried till date.

Are you seeing Divya Palat's sister?

Yes I am seeing Nikhila Palat who happens to be the sister of Divya Palat. My relationship with her is one and a half-year-old. I have no plans of getting married immediately.

Is acting on TV a stepping stone to films for you?

Yes. I want to do films. I am not over exposed on television. I am doing limited quality work on TV, polishing my acting skills at the same time. When I get the right film offer, I will take a break from television and start fresh. Memory of audience is short lived. Moreover I am not doing major roles like that of Tulsi or Karan in Kyunki.

What Kind of offers you are getting?

Talks are on with Ketan Mehta for the same show, which Aakashdeep is doing.

Ritu Choudhary looks older than you do in the serial. Comment

I don't think so. She looks like a kid. Ritu is my best friend's sister so she is like a sister to me. We feel very funny while doing romantic scenes.

Are you not wearing specs to look mature?

I wear specs even in real life. When I went on the sets I was wearing it, so it was decided that my character Abhishek would also wear the same to add dimension to the character.

What will happen next with regards to your character Abhishek?

After some time all facts will be revealed. Everyone will know that I was involved in Shobha's former husband's murder.

How is the experience of working with Balaji Telefilms?

It is a great experience. If you are reasonable, they are also reasonable with you.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/15ap r/interview_vivan.php

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top