Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Aries23

IF-Stunnerz

Aries23

Posted: 10 May 2006 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Indian Idol' runner-up sings for Munnabhai
By Taran Adarsh, May 10, 2006 - 02:16 IST
'Indian Idol' runner-up Karunya has bagged his first professional singing assignment in Vidhu Vinod Chopra's MUNNABHAI 2ND INNINGS. Highly impressed with his vocal skills, producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra got the talented and versatile singer to record a track 'Aane Char Aane' for his forthcoming comic caper. The track will be picturized on Munnabhai himself, Sanjay Dutt.

With lyrics by Swanand Kirkire and music by Shantanu Moitra, 'Aane Char Aane' was recorded by Karunya at Media Mind Studio in Mumbai. Vidhu Vinod Chopra and director Rajkumar Hirani too were present at the recording. Vinod thought Karunya being a new singer, will probably take the entire day to sing the song, but he finished in fifteen minutes flat.

Vinod discovered Karunya in a rather interesting way. He was in Los Angeles, writing his next script. His sister, Shelly, who was visiting, burst into the room in tears. Vinod thought something dreadful had happened. But Shelly was crying because she had just found out that Karunya had not become the 'Indian Idol'. Vinod had no idea who Karunya was, but found out as soon as he returned.

The film's music composer Shantanu Moitra did his voice test and soon Karunya got the famous 'Jadoo ki Jhappi' from Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Rajkumar Hirani. The light-hearted comedy, starring Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi, is slated for release on August 25.

All the best karunyaThumbs UpThumbs Up

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian Idolí runner-up sings for Munnabha" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Posted: 10 May 2006 at 11:17am | IP Logged
hmm thanks for the article

ellemenopee

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

shailon

shailon

Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Wow! Thanks for the information. I loved Karunya too. I always wanted him to win but then I thought that there is something better for him in the future and yes.....here is the first break........

Karunya you have to go a long long way.............

Arch

lilyrose

IF-Dazzler

lilyrose

Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
thx, yay! i'm really happy for Karunya! Smile

aerian

aerian

Posted: 10 May 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Thanks for posting

Post Reply New Post

Go to top