Kasauti Zindagi Ki

daddy"s day out with ronit

cooldude Goldie
cooldude
cooldude

Posted: 18 April 2005 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Posted: 15 April 2005 at 4:27am | IP Logged

Daddy's Day Out

Much has been written about working celeb-moms and raising children, but what about celeb- dads ? With the

steady augment of the number of working mothers, fathers are taking on responsibilities of taking care of their children. It is not easy! We asked some of our celebrity dads on how they juggle between their erratic schedules and handling their toddlers at the same time.

"I think women handle their careers and parenthood extremely well and hats off to Mansi for that. I hardly get time to spend time with my daughter Kiara, who is just two years and seven months old. But whenever I get time I just read to her or sing songs," says Rohit Roy.

Although he went through the normal phase of initial awkwardness and doubts, to be involved with his baby girl's care was his prior need. "Initially, I was unsure about what to do and would become nervous carrying her.But now I am an expert," he smiles.

"The best way to overcome nervousness is by doing things for them. I started by carrying her around and talking to her. Reading or singing aloud can be a wonderful way to be together. And it's only by spending time with her I began to understand the difference between her cries for food, a new diaper or sleep. I think fatherhood really changes a man," points out Rohit.

Amar Upadhaya says, "I totally agree that being a father makes you patient and more sensitive. I try to adjust my schedules such that I come home by 9 pm and spend time with my kids. In fact, my son Aryamaan (2) waits for my return and starts pouncing on me just as I step home. And my daughter Chenab (4) sleeps only after I have kissed her goodnight," he smiles affectionately.

"We try to have dinner together as often as possible. I share my day's plans and activities and Sundays are exclusively for my kids. We go to Inorbit mall at the games zone or to the park. My daughter loves sitting on the sea-saw and playing with clay and we make moulds together, which is fun. At times, I take Aryamaan to the Club for swimming," says Amar.

Often dads don't know how to connect with their children due to nervousness. The best way is to create daily rituals that work for both you and your child. Take them for a walk, share jokes, play games together. It is important to connect each day to share and keep your relationship growing.

"Children are always attached to their mother even when their moms don't go that extra mile to be with their kids. The paradox is that dads have to do bachee ki khatirdari only to be with them," says the sexy father Parmeet Sethi. So what does daddy dear do? Says Parmeet, "Weekends are for my kids. We go for tennis practice, football or go for pizzas and pastas. Aaryamaan (9) and Aayushmaan (6) both love swimming, so we go to the Club for practices or just for a drive."

"When I am shooting, I try and reach home early so that we can have dinner together. I read them bed time stories or play hand boxing, which damm is exciting. Or in between my shooting breaks, I just go to their school and we have lunch. I attend their sports days, just to cheer them. I think its important to take out time for your kids, just because you work doesn't mean you ignore them," Parmeet philosophies.

And then there are dads who stay miles away from their kids yet make it a point to call them and make up for all the lost time.

Ronit Roy, whose daughter Ona (13) stays in the States, meets him once in a year. "My daughter is quite mature for her age. At times, I feel bad for not being with her when she has her annual day at school or when she needs me to share her happiness and sorrows. But I call her regularly and when we meet, I try fill in for lost time," he reveals.

So, busy or not, these dad's are at their chidren's beck and call…come what may

galactic4_1000 IF-Dazzler
galactic4_1000
galactic4_1000

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 3:45am | IP Logged

Thats sooo sweet!!! their's a photo of ronit's daughter in gr8 mag!! She looks just like him!!!

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 4:25am | IP Logged
yeah!
Ronit is the best,.....he and his daughter were looking SO SO cute...but i think the photo was a bit old...when Ronit had not started TV....coz his hairstyle is diff....
but anyways...he's so nice!
R cube!LOL
aashi Senior Member
aashi
aashi

Posted: 19 April 2005 at 6:24am | IP Logged
hey can post or scan a pic of ronit roys duaghter...plzzz
livingforelvis IF-Sizzlerz
livingforelvis
livingforelvis

Posted: 20 April 2005 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
I want a Pic of Ronits Daugher can any body giv it 2 me ???? PLZ