Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

A little hypocritical maybe?!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

weepy

weepy

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
I am a first time poster of this forum, so apologies if I make any mistakes...

I love this show, however today's episode, for me, seemed like hypocritical at it's best!

I am not being biased just because I am a woman - 

Lucky's mother comes and Lucky becomes childish; to the extent that he refuses to comprehend or acknowledge any kind of decision making skills - even if the decision is being made for him or on behalf of him. His childishness increases to the extent that he, quite literally, throws his wife out! Those who have been following the show could see that Lucky was at wrong. Understandable that Sweety is stern and keep going on about education, but have we seen the children complain?

So Lucky further more, immaturely feels that he is doing Sweety a favour by making an attempt to bring Sweety back home. Even there his own decision making skills fails him. Sweety's father then starts to blame Sweety and calling her self respect, ego!

And today - Lucky's entire perception gayi tel lene.. when he actually started to believe that he made the effort to bring his wife back home, but she refused to come with him! He even spoon fed this theory to his son! Till today, he has not, does not and will not get it that he was wrong! The icing on the cake was when one woman (Lucky's mother) is telling her own son how she failed to bring him up properly to the extent that her son can't keep his won family together! And then another woman (Sweety) comes back home, all of a sudden delusional that her self respect actually was her ego. While the man (Lucky) suddenly realises he was wrong! How did he come to that conclusion? 

Then throughout the semi quarrels, he kept repeating "ok, ok, it's all my fault" - as if he's doing everyone a favour! The writers built up this entire wife versus husband, man versus woman, girl versus boy thing but the climax was pretty disheartening and honestly felt like a slap on the face! And the biggest cop out was reuniting Lucky Sweety with the son running away from home and that too, to see the girl he loves!

Please do not think this is some feminist post. I would have written the same if the man was in the woman's shoes! Anyway, I'll shut up now... 

Edited by weepy - 14 February 2012 at 5:20pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

smile365daysimdudeheadleavesandwaves-Nightingale-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A little hypocritical maybe?!" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Nightingale-

IF-Stunnerz

-Nightingale-

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
i could not relate to the fact Sweety returned by herself and accepted it was her fault...

Papaji again n again blaming Sweety being stubborn went over my head...

Lucky's assumption was the height.  he actually believed he tried but Sweety didnt return - my whole family burst into laughter when we heard that dialogue..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leavesandwaves

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.