Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

virmaan84

Groupbie

virmaan84

Posted: 13 February 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
for the first time, i'm able to see the serial in a positive light after watching the last episode with maasa's introduction...!!!i know this might be surprising but pls read my thoughts first...i agree that the episodes are becoming a torture to watch as we are dying to see sandhya happy and we are shocked to see the kind of life that is being shown to us in the serial...but my whole persceptive has changed after i heard sandhya's dialogue that the country has progressed a lot but some people are still backward...that is when i realised that it is so true!!!i have never personally come across the village life in the northern parts of india but i've heard a lot of it...and when i tried to recollect them, it struck me that it's very true that such acts like covering the whole face with ghungat etc still exists...this serial is only bringing india's backwardness into the light...we alll know that sandhya will definitely pass her challenge which means that now she will win maasa's approval...which means that her education is going to be of some use in the village and it will be applauded by eveyrone in the end...but the journey towards that might be quite hard for us to watch but we have to understand that life in most parts of india is still not rosy like the life in urban places...it will be great to see how education will open the eyes of the village people and also whether these episodes will actually help out to bring atleast a minor change in reality...

now about what is going to be shown tomorrow (suraj and sandhya in a compromising position in front of elders)...do u expect that the elders of the village will see that and keep quiet??i mean come on...even in an urban city place, people dont like to see such open display of love isnt it???nowadays youngsters hold hands and walk together and some even kiss in public...dont u feel embarassed to watch all that in open???then how can u expect narrow-minded people in villages to ignore surja and sandhya tomorrow without saying anything???anyway i'm really happy with what the CV's are showing now...DABH is not a light-hearted serial, it is a serial which shows the reality of india (many of us dont know what happens in villages and we feel that even village people should have changed by now but that is really not true)..more than just a love story, DABH is about real-life problems...i want to see how the actual india looks like and how sandhya, in her small way, can make such contribution to it's change...i hope u all got what i said...

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

gulachiMems2SonarMeyehoneybeeesjnpconfusedsoulsuvaaslondonDipinthiAdd123avanka12tanindb2011KaJenroxxhamzanuhaKK84Suchi-ummesulaimanwestindian

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "a new persceptive to the story,..." in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Very well said Thumbs Up.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
yest. my MIL said the same ke their MIL's were like masa only..they had to take ghunghat in front of elders etc. etc. may be this was the reality of urban India (not just rural India) some 30-40 yrs back , but does this serial belong to that era? and then how will this BS end? only when girls like Sandhya speak up their mind and oppose these traditions...

BTW husband and wife not living in one room , i doubt whether this was a tradition in India EVER LOL otherwise our population will be under control isn't it

Edited by _charu_ - 14 February 2012 at 12:10am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpSonarMeyeavanka12-Ramya-KaJenroxxhamzanuhaPatrarekhawestindian

b2011

Coolbie

b2011

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Nice perspective.

virmaan84

Groupbie

virmaan84

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:18am | IP Logged
this serial is not talking about life in ancient years...it is talking about the present only...because unfortunately in present also, rural areas are living under superstitions and unnecessary rituals...we all know that even today many villages in rajasthan are very backward...if u dont know about it, pls look into wikipedia and u will understand what i mean...and how can sandhya just like that start talking back to these people???think about it practically!!!right now she has no choice but to go with the flow and then slowly in her own way make changes in the village and make them understand...she will have to do it in a mild way cos that is the only way these people will be ready to accept it...u only imagine what will happen if sandhya openly says that she wont follow all the traditions of the village???will there be any one person in that village who can support her? even suraj cannot support her in this case...it is all about the way people are brought up...people in villages are not educated and because of that they continue to do what their elders have been doing since generations...that's exactly what the other beendni also told sandhya right??that she touches elder's feet just because she has seen her elders do it...how can she know the meaning for it when she hasnt been taught...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpSonarMeyeDanikab2011hamzanuhawestindian

virmaan84

Groupbie

virmaan84

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:25am | IP Logged
please open ur eyes and see the reality of present india!!!even today child marriages take place in villages...even today girl children are killed because of dowry issues...even today the act of sati takes place in many parts of india...even today child labour is prevalent...even today, people live under superstitions and false rituals...even today there are areas where black magic and witch hunt are practiced...even today people dont agree to educating their daughters as they feel it's a waste of money and girls are meant to be in kitchen only...yes, unfortunately many parts of india still has a long way to go in development!!!dont close ur eyes to these issues and think that life in urban cities are the only thing...

Edited by virmaan84 - 14 February 2012 at 12:27am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpSonarMeyeDanikawestindian

virmaan84

Groupbie

virmaan84

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 12:48am | IP Logged
instead of simply ranting, i'll give examples for what i say ...look at these articles

you dont have to read all the entire article to understand what it means...unforutnately this is the current situation of rural india guys!!!this will stop only when these people are educated but does our government bother??

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpavanka12westindian

Avidfan

Avidfan

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=virmaan84] instead of simply ranting, i'll give examples for what i say ...look at these articles

you dont have to read all the entire article to understand what it means...unforutnately this is the current situation of rural india guys!!!this will stop only when these people are educated but does our government bother??
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that abhorrent practices exist. I also agree that they should be highlighted and shown. But what bothers me is that they are shown in a glamorous way and then dragged on. The good bits, the positive side, the reformation is not shown in the same way. It seems to me that the bad people continue to be shown for the majority of the time (not the good side). 

What is worse is that they now show Sandhya being submissive and meek. In the early episodes she was more forceful and had more spirit. 

Would it not have been nice that when she came to the village and saw these customs- they could have shown her thinking- this is wrong (yes, she had that one line!) but I will try and change this. Sooraj and I will change this. 

I like most of our customs (not sati or female infanticide and all gruesome things) in so far as they are harmless and add colour and pomp. But they are unacceptable when they take over all sense of decency and common sense. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnp

Post Reply New Post

Go to top