Kkavyanjali
Kkavyanjali

Nitya's not leaving Kkavyanjali

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 18 April 2005 at 4:37am | IP Logged

Amrita Singh
It's a busy afternoon of shooting and Anjali (Natassha) sits chatting with Nitya (Amrita Singh) in her van.

Amrita talks about missing her children, when suddenly daughter Sara drops in on the shoot, and asks Singh what is she wearing in the scene.

They are friends and the equation is obvious. Over to Singh then, who holds forth about playing the vamp, rumours about leaving Kkavyanjali and life on the small screen.

It's been four months since your TV debut. How has it been?
It's been tough but lots of fun too. The kind of work that you pack into a day is much more than you do in films. The hours are quite crazy because we have deadlines to meet and that gets a little taxing. In films, you get a lot of time in-between shots but there is nothing like that on TV. It is very hectic here. You have to be extremely fit to survive here.

There were rumours about you wanting to quit Kkavyanjali as TRPs were not picking up?
As far as TRPs are concerned, I would love them to be higher and I would like my hours to be less chaotic, but I am fine. I can't think of quitting Kkavyanjali. It's given me so much. It feels great to be back to work again.

There is so much peace and tranquillity and finding yourself and your own identity. I have been lucky and blessed that I have had the opportunity to act again.

Most actresses want to make a comeback because they miss the fame and glamour…
I made a comeback because I needed a job to support myself. Period. I never came back because I missed the fame, greasepaint, lights and adulation. Even if I did miss my job, it was fleeting. I am a very complacent person. You can put me in any situation and I will fit in comfortably.

Are you happy with your role in Kkavyanjali?
My role is going to take shape now. I am turning negative and I am very happy about it. But it's also been quite daunting playing a negative role. When you are trying to scare someone by being evil, you have to constantly control yourself. It's tough to laugh evilly!

Is Nitya evil negative or just a grey character?
Evil! Nitya is very intelligent to start with and very manipulative. The loving, supportive mom was just a one-dimensional shade and it was boring.

Nobody is one-dimensional; everybody has multi-faceted personalities.
Even I do. As an actor, it is very limiting to only play Ms Goody-two-shoes all the time.

What about film offers?
I have refused about ten film offers because I don't have the time or stamina to throw myself into another project besides Kkavyanjali. And no film offer has been exceptional. Kkavyanjali has taken care of a lot of my needs in a lot of ways. So I would do cinema only if it was mentally stimulating.

Are you happy today?
Yes I am. I am self-contained, self-sufficient and feel a sense of independence and self-worth.

Balaji bahus attend
Kkavya-Anjali's reception
Tonight's episode of Kkavyanjali has two special guests at Kkavya (Eijaz Khan) and Anjali's (Natassha) wedding reception. In attendance will be TV's favourite bahus, Tulsi (Smriti Irani) and Parvati (Saakshi Tanwar).

Tulsi comes on behalf of the Nanda family, while Parvati is a pal of Anjali's mom. It will also be revealed that Nitya (Amrita Singh) is an evil, scheming woman and has joined hands with Anjali to turn Kkavya mad.

The creative head for the show says, "With Nitya turning negative, the plot thickens. Gradually, we will spill the beans and explain the real reason behind her animosity for Kkavya."

zara Newbie
zara
zara

Posted: 18 April 2005 at 10:24am | IP Logged

so y is his mother with anjali

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top