Page 2 Page 2

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 11:43am | IP Logged

I'm a passionate actor: Kavita Kaushik

ROSHNI K OLIVERA, TNN | Feb 12, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Kavita Kaushik
Kavita Kaushik, FIR's Chandramukhi Chautala, recently said she was quitting the show. But she has suddenly changed her mind. Roshni K Olivera finds out why 

You had decided a month ago to quitF.I.R... what made you change your mind? I was definitely feeling stagnated doing the same stuff but the creative team - my producer, director and writer - sat down with me and made huge creative changes which included shooting outdoors, investigative cases coated with comedy and most importantly lesser workload on me. My dates were worked out in such a way that I would be putting in less days but churning out more episodes and have 15 days free in a month to do other stuff. Guess these are reasons good enough for me to stay back. My producers did a lot to keep me back and I'm deeply humbled. Also, the whole team including technicians, actors and even spot boys were upset and they all would tell me everyday not to leave. I realised how much love a lot of people have for me on the sets. 

But people from the unit have been talking outside about how you managed to get your way by threatening to leave... I am sure where there are well-wishers and friends, there are also some pretenders in every unit. If someone in the unit is unhappy with my position on the show, I can only laugh at that! 

But there are times when actors simply threaten to quit hoping to get a raise or a change in their role... I'm more than content with my remuneration and don't need a hike in my payment. That's why you don't see me dancing on different shows because this show pays me quite well. I have reduced my dates now which means my work will reduce, so how can I ask for a change in my role? Arbaaz Khan once told me I'm Lady Dabang... so why would I want any changes in my role! (smiles) 

You've completed five years as Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala. Isn't there worry of being slotted? I'm not worried about being slotted because I don't plan or think about the future. I'll deal with it when this show gets over. I'm a passionate actor and I'll break the slot when I plan to do something else. 

Do you miss playing serious characters? I miss playing a different character sometimes but honestly with due respect, when I look at roles on TV I doubt if it can get any better than this one.

Edited by Armu4eva - 11 February 2012 at 11:43am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Castle_Of_Glasselle45SwirledDreamsastonish

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: I am a passionate actor-Kavita" in F.I.R forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..MissBindaas..

IF-Addictz

..MissBindaas..

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
thank you for posting it Smile

elle45

Goldie

elle45

Posted: 12 February 2012 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article Smile 

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 13 February 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged

Thanks for posting this interview.

I almost hesitate to bring this up.

But Kavita's fewer hours means that Bajrang Pandey and Gopi and Gulgule are doing some portions of the initial investigation (that I've noticed so far). And then they report to CC and finally CC comes in and solves the case towards the end. One of the reasons why Aamir Ali accepted his current role was that a) he enjoyed comedy and b) it allowed him the flexibility of not working on a daily soap which is very tiring in terms of hours on the job. With this change, it means that Aamir will be doing more work and may get a little unhappy. Also he is currently very busy with his wedding to Sanjeeda and I'm a little concerned about that answer that Kavita made about people dancing on other shows - I have seen Aamir and Sanjeeda doing dances a whole lot on other programs. It's probably good lucrative short-term assignments for Aamir and Sanjeeda to do that (and I don't blame Aamir for doing it, of course).

I hope I am reading too much into this. But I'm just a little concerned.

And don't want to anger any actor's fans either. I like both Kavita and Aamir.

Daisy15

IF-Dazzler

Daisy15

Posted: 14 February 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing

SwirledDreams

IF-Sizzlerz

SwirledDreams

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Tfs
m so happy

Castle_Of_Glass

Castle_Of_Glass

Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Thriller-Nights

KoolKunal

IF-Dazzler

KoolKunal

Posted: 23 February 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing, i love kavita's acting.
she is doing a great job in FIR

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Thriller-Nights

Post Reply New Post

Go to top