Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

/+ DSDDSB Articles Corner +\ (No Comments) (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

I was scared of people hating me: Karanvir Bohra

Monday, June 18, 2012 | 2:31:50 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 2 Comments I was scared of people hating me: Karanvir Bohra

Actor Karanvir Bohra plays an over-possessive and abusive husband in "Saubhagyavati Bhava" and admits that doing an anti-hero role was a risk.

Actor Karanvir Bohra plays an over-possessive and abusive husband in "Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava" and admits that doing an anti-hero role was a risk.

Talking about the apprehension he had before accepting the part in the show, he told IANS: "It wasn't easy. Nobody wants to play an anti-hero. In our society, it's all about being a good boy who people find cute and all.

"After 'Kasauti Zindagii Kay', I wanted to do something better and more challenging. There was no point doing any ordinary show. I knew the role of Viraaj was a bigger challenge. But at the same time, I was also scared of people hating me because of the negative role."

Karanvir, grandson of actor-producer Ram Kumar Bohra, came into the limelight as Prem in Ekta Kapoor's show "Kasautii Zindagii Kay". He was also seen in Aziz Mirza's "Kismat Konnection".

In "Saubhagyavati Bhava", which comes on Life OK, he often gets violent towards his wife Jhanvi, played by Sriti Jha.

Before starting to shoot for the show, he read a lot about this 'condition'.

"It's a condition about which nothing can be done. This opened a lot of avenues how he should be. I started putting my own style, clothing sense and all. I made him stand out even though he is an anti-hero, so people loved him," he said.

Even with the entry of Harshad Chopra (Raghav) in the show, Karanvir is not at all insecure about the significance of his role. "It's a love triangle. Everyone has their own role. We three are the pivotal characters so nothing will get affected," he said.

Talking about the violence depicted on the show, he said: "We can't show all the violence and everything on screen. We just suggest it happens and generally don't show the gory details. But once the violence increases, we will have to show it in some way."

As far as films go, he will be seen as the male lead in Hemant Madhukar's upcoming film "Mumbai 125 Kms" opposite Pakistani actress Veena Malik. It is expected to release in August.

"Right now I am finishing shooting for 'Mumbai 125 kms'. Vedita Pratap Singh is also in the film. Madhukar is from south and he has made a couple of Telugu films," he added.

Actors should branch out into other things as well, suggests Karanvir and adds that he sees himself as a commodity and tries to sell himself. After working in films and television serials, he now wants to make movies.

"An actor needs to diversify his capabilities and sell himself as a business. I am a commodity and I sell myself to the audience. It's important for actors to branch out in other businesses. There will be filmmaking in the future for me," he said. 

Link- http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12019-i-was-scared-of-people-hating-me-karanvir-bohra.htm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKFreshDaisy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "/+ DSDDSB Articles Corner +\ (No Comments) (Page 7)" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 26 June 2012 at 3:42am | IP Logged

Harshad Chopra in Lucknow

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Jun 26, 2012, 12.16PM IST
Harshad Chopra in Lucknow
Harshad signing autographs
Television actor Harshad Chopra is one cool man, literally! Harshad, who was recently in Lucknow to promote a social cause of violence against women, had to bear the hot and humid weather of Lucknow. 

But the dude maintained his calm despite sweating profusely. "I didn't expect Lucknow to be this hot. Meri poori shirt bheeg gayi hai. Fans and coolers toh kaam hi nahi kar rahe hai yahan. But it is okay. Hum actors ko aadat hoti hai garmi sehne ki as there is no AC on our sets also," smiled Harshad, happily signing autographs for his fans and getting clicked with them too.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKFreshDaisyEphemera

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 26 June 2012 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Top 5 Scenes

5) Dil
Se Dua….Saubhagyavati Bhava

The scene that made it to the list this
week is the one between Raghav and
Viraaj…It was a hilarious one. It was
more about how an Intelligent guy
Raghav is. Viraj is cunning, he is
manipulative but he failed this time
around. He has studied the Singh's
really well, and so he knows what to
say, what to do and when….But he
read Raghav wrong and that's where
he failed in his mission to get Sia to
go with him to Manali as his
caretaker. Raghav on coming to know
that Sia was accompanying Viraaj to
Manli, as per his Mom's orders
decides to play his game, so that he
can get Sia out of this Trip….and
Voila he succeeds…..The scene is a
must watch, though an element of
comedy is sprinkled over it, the scene
mainly focuses on how Raghav is the
one man who can read Viraaj right,
even though he does not know him.
Raghav's expressions of triumph, and
Viraaj's of defeat are a treat to watch
and like the on air promo, the track
sheds light on how with Raghav in
Sia's life, Viraaj can never succeed in
his ways, in getting Jhanvi back. 

MahinKFreshDaisy

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

[Recap] 1000 Agents of Change

Last week, we were in Lucknow to hold our final workshop as part of the 1000 Agents of Change campaign in partnership with LifeOk TV. Over the past four months, we've worked together to hold a series of workshops and create a thousand agents of change acting against domestic violence! These trainings promote sensitivity towards domestic violence through popular culture, games and activities, and a concluding pledge – this particular training was attended by 59 participants along with Ajit Thakur, head of LifeOK, and Harshad Chopra, who plays the role of Raghav on LifeOK's popular Saubhagyawati Bhava – a serial that takes on the issue of domestic violence.

Rights Advocates Sunil and Ashish launched Thursday's training workshop and usedSaubhagyawati Bhava as the base from which to launch the activities. They also discussed the role and voice a girl has (or doesn't have) in society, and how this does not even pose much benefit for the men in a society!

One of our memorable activities from the workshop had Sunil using a volunteer from among the participants to pose as his (fictional) sister, 'Savita'. He then narrated a story about Savita, and how she was constantly being shuttled between her in-laws – who she wanted to escape because they were torturing her – and her own parents' home – who kept convincing her to go back. The participants were asked to provide reasons as to why Savita kept leaving her in-laws and what her parents' reasons must have been for sending her back. The participants wrote the answers on Post-It notes that they then stuck on the model Savita:

The second half of the day marked the arrival of the LifeOK team. Channel head Ajit Thakur and actor Harshad Chopra (who plays Raghav on Saubhagyawati Bhava)  spent some time with the participants at the workshop. Harshad led the participants in their pledge against domestic violence. Many thanks to our participants for attending as well as Harshad Chopra and Ajit Thakur for their support!

Harshad Chopra talking about Bell Bajao

http://www.bellbajao.org/?p=6575#comment-2869

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Elysia.Vrish.FreshDaisyEphemera

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 04 July 2012 at 1:02am | IP Logged

TV actors disappointed over service tax

TV actors disappointed over service tax

Harshad Chopra | actor
Until recently service tax was part of our pay and production houses deducted it from our cheques, so we weren't concerned. We have to remember that the consumer-buyer relationship is symbiotic and everyone is affected when there's a sudden hike in taxes.

Karanvir Bohra | actor
It's not fair. This tax shouldn't have been levied. There's got to be some reasons on why it is done now. At this rate, government might even levy tax on our breathing tomorrow. I've got full faith that producers and channel honchos will work on something which will be good for us actors

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinK.Vrish.FreshDaisyEphemera

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged
2) Dil
Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava!

Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava
had a rocking week and Harshad
Chopra sure left everybody stunned
with his amazing portrayal of
Raghavendra Singh uff Raghav. So
zaahir si baat hai ki this its one of his
scene that would make it to the list
this week. We viewers love the rain
and everything about it, we would
love to see our favorite stars and jodi
perform in the rain, and its Harshad
aka Ragahv's emotional breakdown in
the rain after his conversation with
Sia. In front of Sia he gives an
excellent performance by convincing
her that the announcement of the
engagement came as a shocker for
him as well. He keeps aside his
feelings for her, and gives a new
dimension to the entire thing. It
suddenly starts to rain and Jhanvi
goes inside leaving Raghav who
behind who tells her that he would
come inside shortly. There is a belief
that the Rain washes away every
pain, every sorrow. Raghav too gets
drenched in the rain and cries his
heart out. He is reminded of his
every moment spent with Sia but the
last one where she tells him that she
cannot mary him pierces him like a
stake and he continues to cry. We
love Harshad for this Dhamakedaar
scene. Kudos to this brilliant actor for
making this scene come alive on our
screens.

FreshDaisyEphemera

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 10 July 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Vaquar Shaikh in Dil se di Dua. Saubhagyavati Bhava?Vaquar Shaikh in Dil se di Dua. Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Vaquar Shaikh to star in Life OK show and to play a negative character..

MahinKFreshDaisy

SunShine_A

IF-Stunnerz

SunShine_A

Posted: 14 July 2012 at 12:58pm | IP Logged

The new showstealers

Dramatic twists, heaps of tearjerking melodrama and lots of misunderstandings — 18 new entries in daily soaps are responsible for all that and more! 

Storylines on the small screen have their share of twists and turns, but what really keeps the audience hooked to a show is the entry of a new character, which takes the show to a different level altogether. That probably explains why, have been as many as 18 'new' entries in daily soaps in recent times! Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhav? catapulted to new highs (read better TRPs) 

after the entry of hottie Harshad Chopra; 

Harshad Chopra Harshad Chopra is Raghav, the docile Sia/Jhanvi's saviour and possible love interest in Dil Se Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhav?. That he might eventually end up as the main male lead is being popularly believed of late! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.FreshDaisyEphemera

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.