Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

I'd love to relocate to Ahmedabad: Karanvir Bohra

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Aug 4, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Narendra Modi|Karanvir Bohra|Isha Sharvani|Harshad Chopra|Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava
I'd love to relocate to Ahmedabad: Karanvir Bohra
Karanvir Bohra
As you sit down to interview telly town's bad boy, actor Karanvir Bohra at an eatery in Ahmedabad, you realise that girls love him a lot as they go crazy asking for a photo-op with him. Karanvir's currently essaying the role of Viraj ( Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?), and it seems his character has received a thumbs up from his fans. No wonder we had to wait for some time before we could start our chat. 

Karanvir confesses that he has been connected with Ahmedabad for last 28 years, while his family has been associated with the city for even longer. This time around he was in town after four years and he was overwhelmed with the response he got from his fans. He says, "Just like the city, the weather is also amazing. Hats off to the chief minister Narendra Modi, who has completely changed the face of Ahmedabad. If I have to relocate to another city at some point in life, I will definitely move to Ahmedabad," he says and adds, "I am often invited to the city during Navratri, so I thought it's time I should contribute to the city. I am planning to organise a garba event in Ahmedabad this year. My grandfather owns a studio here. I feel I should make good use of it now." 

Commenting on Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Karanvir is happy that he is sharing space with another good-looking actor Harshad Chopra in the show. "Harshad is a very sweet guy. We haven't really got a chance to share anything," he says. 

With television shows revolving mainly around strong female characters, Karanvir admits to being lucky to have playing a strong character in a daily soap. "Television is experimenting with different subjects. TV is a huge medium, but as an actor there is always a desperation to work in films. But if these kind of roles are available on TV, then I am satisfied. Money, good platform, fame — I am getting everything here. Films are a bigger medium and one doesn't always get enough challenging roles on TV," says Karanvir. 

Karanvir loves dancing and that was quite evident when we saw him matching steps with Isha Sharvani in a recent episode of Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5. "I want to get back to dancing Kathak (Karanvir is a trained Kathak dancer) and practising martial arts. I also love playing garba, since my childhood. I used to go to the Falguni Pathak dandiya nights. We don't play garba in Mumbai! Since last 10 years I've been making trips to Ahmedabad during Navratri. It's amazingto see people celebrating the festival with enthusiasm during the nine nights," he says. 

With almost all actors having an alternative career lined up, does Karanvir also feel the need to have a back-up option in case acting does not work? "Acting is not my full-time occupation. Filmmaking has always been my main area of interest. But I always feel multitasking is important. I'd be bored if I continue doing just one thing," says Karanvir. 

Karanvir has already established himself in the Gujarati film industry. His production house has produced 35 Gujarati films so far. "We are soon going to announce a Gujarati film. If the roles excites me, I'll act in it too. I speak Marwari, Marathi, Punjabi, Gujarati and English, so language has never been a problem," he says with a smile. 

Unlike other actors, marriage has done wonders for Karanvir. "My work has got 100% better post marriage. People love me for my work and not my marital status. Teejay is a wonderful girl. I don't feel we are married, we still address each other as boyfriend-girlfriend," he says on a parting note.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Iconic fight sequence between Viraj and Raghav on Saubhagyavati BhavaIconic fight sequence between Viraj and Raghav on Saubhagyavati Bhava

Two lovers fight over the same woman on Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava  

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It's important to keep our city clean: Karanvir

Upasana Mantri, TNN | Aug 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Teejay Sidhu|Karanvir Bohra|Garbage|Dil Se Di Dua - Saubhagyavati Bhava|Clean
Tweet
It's important to keep our city clean: Karanvir
Karanvir Bohra
Very few know that television actor Karanvir Bohra is on a cleanliness drive and whenever he gets time off his shootings, he educates the youth on how to keep the surroundings clean. Although he plays an anti-hero in the serial 'Dil Se Di Dua - Saubhagyavati Bhava', in real life, Karanvir is the hero who is working towards a better and Clean environment. 

That is why whenever Bohra comes to his hometown (Jodhpur), besides meeting family and folks, he takes out time to educate the youth of the city. He says, "I love coming to Jodhpur, but whenever I come, I make sure I interact with the bacchas and educate them about the importance of keeping our city clean." 

Also, Karanvir and wife Teejay Sidhu are part of various cleanliness drives. "Teejay and I are both very particular about hygiene and I feel there is no harm in involving as many people in this noble cause." That he is a star doesn't make the job any easier as she says, "It is not easy to encourage people to go the extra mile, but if the kids don't pay heed and throw Garbage on the road in Jodhpur, I go and pick it up. On seeing this, they get embarrassed and next time onwards, start doing it themselves," says Bohra.

Vr15h thumbnail
Raise your voice if something wrong happens with you: Sriti JhaRaise your voice if something wrong happens with you: Sriti Jha

Tellybuzz in conversation with Sriti Jha, popularly known for playing ... 

Vr15h thumbnail
"Shut Your Face": Karanvir Bohra."Shut Your Face": Karanvir Bohra.

Tellybuzz in conversation with Karanvir Bohra. 

Vr15h thumbnail
Sriti Jha quits Life OK's Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?Sriti Jha quits Life OK's Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Mala Salariya will now enter the show in Viraj's life 56

Vr15h thumbnail
Women characters on TV who are moping over lost loveWomen characters on TV who are moping over lost love

There was a time when on Indian TV women were expected to go back to ...  59

Vr15h thumbnail
Karanvir and Teejay organize Sriti Jha's farewellKaranvir and Teejay organize Sriti Jha's farewell

Sriti Jha's bids adieu to Life OK's Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?  6