Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

/+ DSDDSB Articles Corner +\ (No Comments) - Page 4

SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Karanvir Bohra

Now, now, now…here's some exclusive news from the house of Tellychakkar.com. Karanvir Bohra made an impressive entry in Life OK's hit showSaubhagyavati Bhava produced by UTV Productions. His performance as Viraaj impressed each and everyone. He is being loved and showered with adulation in spite of depicting a negative character.

But our sources have just whispered in our ears that in a dhamakedar twist, the creatives have decided to infuse a track wherein Viraaj will breathe his last.

Yes, yes, we know it came as a shocker for everyone, but this is what will unfold in the upcoming episodes. Furthermore, the makers will also bring in a new face in the show.

So does it mean an end of journey for Karanvir? No, not at all. The buzz is that he will make a re-entry in the serial in the near future. This is all a gimmick to hike up the TRP ratings.

We talked to Karanvir to confirm the track and he said, "I have no idea about it. So I can't really comment."

Hmm…it seems Saubhagyavati Bhava is up for a great drama in its upcoming episodes. We shall soon come up with more updates.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manasi_31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Harshad Chopra to be Jhanvi's Savior in Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Jhanvi is all set to make a new start in Delhi away from Viraj and his psychotic ways in Saubhagyavati Bhava. In last nights episode we saw how Jhanvi lands up in Delhi where she is helped by a fellow lady passenger. 

Viraj on the other hand finds Jhanvi's ring in his cupboard and remembers she wore the ring in her left finger which gets him totally suspicious as to whether she could be alive as the dead body he saw had no ring on her finger. He confirms his doubts further when Jhanvi calls her parents up when Viraj is around.

Now in the latest promo that is being aired we see Jhanvi being chased by a whistle tune of hume tumse pyar kitna. Viraj has found out where Jhanvi is and has gone to get her back. But luckily for Jhanvi this time around someone comes to her rescue. 

The good news is, as we had informed you all earlier, Harshad Chopra who was last seen in Dharampatni as Mohan will play Jhanvi's savior on the show. All of us know Jhanvi deserves all the happiness in the world. Lets hope this new addition in Jhanvi's life will give her reasons to smile. 

Niharika Vidya Sagar
Posted by Rangmunchtv at 5:03 AM

SunShine_A thumbnail

Anti heroes take over prime time

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Apr 6, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:YES|Women|The League|Karanvir Bohra|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon|Heroes|Heart|Ekta Kapoor|Arhaan Behl|
Anti heroes take over prime time
Karanvir Bohra
They're a potpourri of the good, bad and sometimes even the ugly. Meet prime time's most envied anti Heroes 

There's something about the grey shade that draws attention. In the dichotomy of the good vs the bad, characters with shades of grey on television shows have always grabbed audience's attention and have become popular. Remember the ideal son, lover and husband Anurag of Kasautii...Zindagi Kay? His was the character moulded to perfection. But with his enigmatic entry in the show Mr Bajaj played by Ronit Roy took all the share of glory with his impeccable performance. 

With audiences looking forward to characters no longer 'picture perfect' -the small screen has made way for the anti-hero. What's more, most of the characters are sketched to render it a factor of believability. Take a look at the current prime time slot. Talk of Ram Kapoor (Ram Kapoor) in Bade Achche Lagte Hain who constantly keeps arguing and blaming his wife Priya, Arnav Singh Raizada (played by Barun Sobti) in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? who is always arrogant and rude with his newly acquired wife Khushi whom he blackmailed into a secret wedding, Viraj Dobrial (Karnvir Bohra) in Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhav? or Sameer (played by Mrunal Jain) in Hitler Didi who leaves the female protagonist Heart broken. That apart, aggressive and short-tempered Indu Singh (enacted by Anirudh Dave) of Ruk Jaana Nahin or Krishna ( Arhaan Behl) of Mann Ki Awaaz... Pratigya, and straying husbands Pradeep (Pawan Shanker) in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada and Jagya (played by Shashank Vyas) of Balika Vadhu also fit into The League of 'imperfect heroes! 

Producer Hemal Thakkar says, "Good guys with shades of grey make for interesting characters as they have a darker side with a heart of gold. The energy of such characters gives a different dimension to the character which creates interesting drama. And Women audiences somehow love anti-heroes. Anti heroes surely raise the spice factor in the story. Shah Rukh Khan's Baazigar and Darr where SRK played the anti-hero had appealed to masses and classes." 

Agrees producer Sudhir Sharma. "Anti heroes are unconventional and unpredictable. Since audiences are used to seeing good guys playing male leads, when they see a protagonist in a grey shade, they find him more appealing. The anti hero character connects to audience for making it close to reality kind of image. With their good looks, anti heroes surely make female audiences happy!" he says. 

And how convinced are the actors who take up such 'grey' roles? Karanvir Bohra says, "Initially I was apprehensive about my image getting tarnished, I had to say YES to the role because it was so meaty and multi dimensional. Ekta Kapoor had given me a bad boy image in Kasautii... as well. She told me then 'bad is good' and I completely second that. If you are a good actor with a great screen presence and blessed by the almighty, there is nothing stopping you." 

Barun Sobti says, "To play a business tycoon who is arrogant, curt, no nonsense and always gets what he wants was something 'different' from the roles I'd done earlier. As it is TV doesn't have many variations to offer, in terms of roles/characters. So to play someone like Arnav was a challenge." 

No wonder then, even audience love these droolworthy grey guys over the boringly perfect heroes - probably because the audience also hopes that these anti heroes might just turn into good boys the minute they fall in love. Until then, going grey's one sure shot TRP-tripping formula for these small screen scorchers..

SunShine_A thumbnail
A direct rip-off of two films Agneesakshi and  Daraar, the show revolves
around the lead protagonist Janvi (Sriti
Jha) being tortured by an abusive husband Viraj (Karanvir Bohra), who goes
through great lengths to instill fear in
his new wife, including locking her up
in a room full of cockroaches. For the
world, Viraj is nothing less than a perfect husband and this over-possessive
side of Viraj is only known to Janvi,
who silently bears his cruel behaviour
in fear for her family's life. But soon
things get out of hand, and Janvi finally
manages to escape when the car she is
traveling in with her mom-in-law meets
with an accident. Viraj believes that it
was Janvi who died in the accident, giving her a chance to begin a new life. 

No doubt that the cruelty shown in the
film can be very disturbing, and the situations seem over the top to a great extent, but the strong performances of the
lead actors Karanvir and Janvi make it
a compelling watch. While Karanvir's
maniacal act actually manages to give
one goose flesh, Janvi's vulnerability
that she projects make her quite endearing. Together they keep the audience's
interest alive. On the downside, Janvi's
character fails to inspire or encourage
women to speak up against the issue
that the show claims to tackle. Instead of
showing her to start fighting for her
rights, the show chooses to instead go
the filmi way where she's opting for a
new life. Overall, the show is a family
bonder, and entertaining and the actors
impressive, but you do find yourself
wishing that it would send out a
stronger message to women to speak up,
than just glamourise violence.

SunShine_A thumbnail

TRPs don't bother me: Harshad Chopda

Harshad Chopda

He has a smile that melts hearts. He has body and persona that exude magnetism and change his fans into fanatics. Who are we talking about? Well, none other than handsome and charming Harshad Chopda. Fans have been eagerly waiting to see him back on the tube after his last show Dharampatni went off air in a jiffy. Well, the wait is now over as the man, who personifies awesomeness, is all set to enthrall the masses as Raghav in SaubhagyavatiBhava on Life OK. In a candid interview with Tellychakkar.com, Harshad talks about his character, his link-ups and more. Excerpts:

Tell us something about your role in Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Ohh' that's a tough one. Where do I start from? Let's see' Actually my role has got many layers to it. My character's name is Raghav, he is someone who fights for the weak and is completely heart-driven. Whenever he does something he doesn't think about its repercussions. He can't see injustice happening to somebody.

Why did you opt for the show?

I have always taken up projects which excite me and Raghav is definitely a very interesting role. It is something which I have always wanted to do. I
would love to be remembered for my role in Saubhagyavati Bhava.

Have you watched the serial? Did you like it?

Yes, I have and I think it's a brilliant show. Both the actors are extremely talented and I love the chemistry between Karanvir and Sriti. They share a great equation and the combination is brilliant. I am looking forward to work with them.

Okay. But many people are of the opinion that the show glorifies
domestic violence. Your take on it'

See everyone has his or her way of looking at things. Unfortunately, people are giving more importance to the negatives in the show rather than the positives. Here is a case of a man who is mentally imbalanced and Saubhagyavati reflects that the problem can be solved with psychiatric help. Moreover, domestic violence is prevalent in our country and the show is just creating awareness about it.

Now, usually it has been observed that no two big actors are friends. Will it be the same with you and Karanvir?

Karanvir is popular and it's a good thing. I believe he deserves all the success and the fan following that he has got. He is doing a great job in the show. I believe as an actor what I give to the show is important and I don't find any reason for fights. We both are a part of the same show and it is our
responsibility to keep the momentum alive.

The channel (Life OK) is very new and was launched recently. So did you have any inhibition to take up a project in a lesser known GEC?

TRPs or GRPs don't bother me as long as work is good. I always give importance to content not the medium or channel.

So are you super excited?

Yes, I am very excited and just waiting for the shooting to commence. I can't wait to go to the sets.

Now, let's talk about your last show Dharampatni. It was a high-profile show but went off air within months of its launch. Are you disappointed?

Different people said different things about Dharampatni. Many said that it was not handled and treated well but I still consider it as one of my best works, irrespective of its final outcome. Yes, it is true that it was short-lived. People say I have a huge fan base, but no matter how popular you are, in the end it is the content of the show which matters. I worked extremely hard in Dharampatni and also Tere Liyebut the sad part is that both the shows couldn't complete its desired journey.

What did you do in your break time?

I enjoyed the time to the fullest. I completed all my pending work. I spent some lovely time with my family and my dog. It was an awesome feeling to be with my loved ones all the time and now that I will start shooting, I wish that I can spend those moments on sets too (laughs).

On a personal note, you have always been linked to your co-stars, be it  Additi Gupta, Anupriya Kapoor or Asiya KaziAre you the lover boy of the TV industry?

(Laughs) What should I comment on this. I have nothing left to talk on this topic. Media has always cooked up imaginary stories about me. And in the future, I think I will be linked to a girl who will not be alive or will be imaginary (laughs).

Finally, any message for your fans?

I would like to thank them for loving me continuously. I know you guys are waiting desperately to see me back on screen. So now you can watch me inSaubhagyavati Bhava.

SunShine_A thumbnail

Saubhagyavati's Jhanvi gets a knight in shining armour

Actor Harshad Chopra to enter the show as a positive character in contrast to her psychopathic husband

It will be fun to match histrionics with Karanvir Bohra as his character, Viraj, is superb.
— Actor Harshad Chopra

After being subjected to domestic violence by her over-possessive husband Viraj, played by Karanvir Bohra in UTV'S Saubhagyavati Bhava (SB) on Life OK, Jhanvi, played by Sriti Jha, has escaped him. She will now find a saviour played by actor Harshad Chopra, who will enter the show in a positive role on Monday.

Excited about his character, Raghav, Harshad says, "The role is difficult to explain, yet easy to relate to. It has many layers as he wears his heart on his sleeve, is passionate and fights for the weak." The actor is unfazed about competition with Karanvir, who plays the popular evil character Viraj , and says, "I haven't though of it. I am doing this creative show for the cool role, not competition. It will be fun to match histrionics as his character Viraj is superb." Having met Karanvir while shooting the promos, Harshad is looking forward to some dramatic scenes in the show. "I am going to enjoy sharing screen space with him as he is a brilliant actor and I told him so when I met him."

With the entry of Harshad's character, the show seems to be following films like Agni Sakshi (1996) and Sleeping With The Enemy (1991). But he disagrees. "The basic plot might have similarities with some or the other story written or filmed somewhere. Ultimately there are seven formats on which most stories are based and how they are treated and shot is what makes them different."

Still reeling from his last show, Dharampatni's failure, Harshad admits to being disappointed with its fate. "Some of my best work was in this show. People say I am a star and I have a huge fan following, but I would believe so if all my shows work well."

SunShine_A thumbnail
FORGET HARSHAD,EVEN MR BACHCHAN WILL NOT MAKE ME INSECURE! 

Telly hottie Karanvir Bohra on why bads good for him,competition doesnt matter and his B-Town plans 

Ano Patel 

He is the new bad guy on small screen ruling the negative actors space and by his own admission,the angry young man of television. Karanvir Bohra says hes loving every moment of being the bad guy Viraj Dobriyal in Dil Se Di DuaSaubhagyavati Bhav,and the fame that has come with it.Karanvir who catapulted to fame first as Prem/Yudi in Kasautii Zindagi Kay was in town with wife,Teejay Sidhu.AT caught up with him over a sandwich and pasta lunch.
Karanvir seems to revel in the popularity of his newly acquired screen character.He says,I am doing this show after a short hiatus.When I came across the concept,I wanted to do it because of the challenge it offered to me as an actor.It is good when people recognize you.When I go out people say dekho Viraj hai woh! 
Karanvir,who did a cameo in Kismat Konnection,will now romance Pakistani beauty Veena Malik in an upcoming Hindi film.As someone whos straddling both the small and the big screen,Karanvir says,When you are shooting a film,you can two shots in a day and have enough time to relax.TV actors have to do many shots in a day with long schedules and often without breaks. Does he feel his big screen offer came too late He says,I wanted to be experienced enough before I did something big.After having put in some years as an actor,I now feel more confident. 
Karanvir who will now have to share prime time space with heartthrob Harshad Chopra whos making an entry in the show,claims hes not bothered.Recently Karanvir reportedly said hed not be bothered even if Amitabh Bachchan entered the show.He shrugs nonchalantly and says,I just gave an example,saying no one,not even a legend like Amitabh Bachchan would make me insecure.If I get a chance to act with Mr Bachchan,Ill take it up as a challenge.Harshads entry will not make a difference to me.In fact,it will only add to the show because he has his own fan base. 
What about Veena Malik and the controversies surrounding her Thats her way of getting peoples attention.For me shes just a co-star. 
The actor also plans to participate in reality shows,Id love to judge a dance reality show as I have learnt Kathak,tap and jazz.I am not keen to do a Bigg Boss kind of show,although I have been offered the show every year.I dont want to be known as a reality show star.Id rather be known as an actor. 
A frequent visitor to the city,he says,I have been coming to Ahmedabad ever since I was a child.Every time I come to this city,I throw coins in Sabarmati.This is the first time Teejay is accompanying me and I will make it a point to take her to the river front.

Karanvir Bohra 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

SunShine_A thumbnail

KARANVIR BOHRA'S ADRENALINE RUSH

The actor, who is juggling his TV show with a Hindi-rajasthani play, will also debut in a 3D thriller-horror film this year. Says he functions better when he multitasks

While most actors would be content to have one good thing going, actor Karanvir Bohra gets a high when his plate is full. For the past two months, he has been shooting for his UTV show Saubhagyavati Bhava during the day, rehearsing for his play Mareechike in the evening, and then shooting for his 3D film 125 kms at night.

The actor says he's enjoying the jam-packed schedule. He tells us, "It might sound weird, but I can focus better if I am doing multiple things. My mind doesn't function well on just one job." Karanvir feels he is fortunate to get good projects in all the three mediums, but admits that he has his share of hardships too. Over the last couple of months, a few of his shooting schedules have even lasted 40 hours at a stretch. "Most of the time, I don't get time to even go home for a good night's sleep. I spend most of my time on location and usually wind up taking a nap over there."

But he makes sure he stays fit and feels most actors can do the same with smart time management. "I drink a lot of water, do pranayams, especially during summer, when the heat takes its toll on you. I ensure I eat only homecooked meals," he says, adding, "People who faint on sets due to work don't take care of these minute things."

SunShine_A thumbnail
A million hearts flutter when these telly posterboys with toned physiques, charming smiles and great screen appeal walk into our living rooms everyday. Here's a sneak peek at tellyland's hottest heartthrobs. Drool on...

Harshad Chopra From Left Right Left to Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Tere Liye to Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhav?, Harshad is tellyland's favourite heartthrob and has the ability to charm the audiences without even trying too hard! USP: A million watt smile, dreamy eyes and an easy charm that's hard to resist. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Caution-TV-actor-too-hot-to-handle/articleshow/12637645.cms
SunShine_A thumbnail
TV actors winning hearts with acting and stunning looks!

1 hour ago
Prev Next
Harshad Chopra:

He has recently entered Life OK's Saubhagyavati Bhav as the second lead or we should better say a hard to beat competition to Viraj Dobriyal aka Karanvir Bohra.  Harshad Chopra, who so far has essayed quite different roles maintaining his ideal lover boy looks, has opted for a completely different look for Saubhagyavati Bhav. Though it's been hardly a couple of days that his character has made way into the story line but the response he has bagged for it is simply mind-blowing. FromKis Desh Mein Hai Dil Mera's Prem to Tere Liye's Anurag and now the sturdy Raghav of SB, Harshad is sure to make fans go gaga over his stupendous charm!