The Jakhar Family - Perfect?

FIZK6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
For a while just forget about Brahmanand Jakhar and if you do then think of him as being the complete opposite. The perfect son, husband, father, father in law and brother in law.  If this were so, then the Jakhars would have been the Perfect family on indian television. Seriously.

All the relationships are treated with love, respect and understanding. They are very functional compared to other fictional families.

Bauji is  respected by all and he loves them all. He loves his daughter in law more than his son. He loves his Priya and Vidya more than his grandsons.

Devyani is the perfect wife, daughter in law, mother, mother in law and sister. She and Bauji are very close and share everything. With Gaurav and Aditya shes very forgiving. Priya and Vidya she treats them like her daughters and you could say they also share a friendship. There are no kitchen politics between the three. She treats them equally and does not favour either of them. She feels contented seeing her sons treating their wives with love and wont interfere in their personal lives.
There is no sibling rivalry between Gaurav and Aditya. They adore each other and respects the others wishes. They wont do anything to out do each other. Are protective of their younger sister, Sweety, who in turn loves them too. She doesnt have any issues with her bhabhis and they too love her like a younger sister.
Vidya and Priya are more like sisters than sisters in law. There is no competition between the two. Even when Imli instigated Vidya against Priya, Vidya took no heed.
Usually between saas and bahus theres a lot of bitching, backbiting and jealousy, but in the Jakhar family there is no such thing.
Uttara is also loved by all. And she brings in the humour, she gets on well with them all and is more like a friend.

Dont you all think they would be the perfect family?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yeh , this family is perfect without Bramha ...and Saas is really teh mother not mother type of bahus ..

And we know why Maryada is not working on trp charts ðŸ˜†
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
With a sasur who is a ASUR... there is no need for saas bahu🤣🤣
Brahma villain enuff to bajao everyone's band ðŸ˜ˆ
Shee_xaan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yap this is perfect family with that ðŸ¤¬.   I love the way Adi care Vidya and Gaurav care Priya too. TRP is low because this is nit Saas Bahoo drama n Sp never wants promote this show. 
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

With a sasur who is a ASUR... there is no need for saas bahu🤣🤣

Brahma villain enuff to bajao everyone's band ðŸ˜ˆ

Oyyy YYZ...do not tell me you are on the Brahma bandwagon too!!! 😆 Good to see you BTW! 🤗

Edited by BheegiBasanti - 12 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: FIZK6

For a while just forget about Brahmanand Jakhar and if you do then think of him as being the complete opposite. The perfect son, husband, father, father in law and brother in law.  If this were so, then the Jakhars would have been the Perfect family on indian television. Seriously.

All the relationships are treated with love, respect and understanding. They are very functional compared to other fictional families.

Bauji is  respected by all and he loves them all. He loves his daughter in law more than his son. He loves his Priya and Vidya more than his grandsons.

Devyani is the perfect wife, daughter in law, mother, mother in law and sister. She and Bauji are very close and share everything. With Gaurav and Aditya shes very forgiving. Priya and Vidya she treats them like her daughters and you could say they also share a friendship. There are no kitchen politics between the three. She treats them equally and does not favour either of them. She feels contented seeing her sons treating their wives with love and wont interfere in their personal lives.
There is no sibling rivalry between Gaurav and Aditya. They adore each other and respects the others wishes. They wont do anything to out do each other. Are protective of their younger sister, Sweety, who in turn loves them too. She doesnt have any issues with her bhabhis and they too love her like a younger sister.
Vidya and Priya are more like sisters than sisters in law. There is no competition between the two. Even when Imli instigated Vidya against Priya, Vidya took no heed.
Usually between saas and bahus theres a lot of bitching, backbiting and jealousy, but in the Jakhar family there is no such thing.
Uttara is also loved by all. And she brings in the humour, she gets on well with them all and is more like a friend.

Dont you all think they would be the perfect family?

I think everything you've pointed out reflects how carefully Devyani must have been working all these years to foster such relationships and such an environment in her house. Of course the totalness of the family good-feeling depends somewhat on Bauji having a preexisting warm-hearted temperament and on the personalities of her bahus being so down-to-earth, but I would argue that based on what we've seen on the show, we are meant to interpret this 'otherwise perfect' state of affairs in the Jhakhar home as being a deliberate construction of Devyani's. We could guess that she would have done the same in any case because she is a good-hearted and level-headed person, but as things stand we see that it was actually something of a coping measure for her in response to the pressures created by Brahma - and also the response necessitated by his obvious demands that she be a perfect wife and run a perfect household.

So would they be such a perfect family if it weren't for Brahma being the villain that he is? Perhaps with a loving, supportive and indulgent husband, Devyani's personality would have developed differently. There is no saying what she would or wouldn't do. It is hard to imagine her being the immature, power-mongering sort of saas who gets too involved in her sons' married lives or sees the most ridiculous things as threats to her power - but psychology is always profoundly affected by circumstances, and who knows, maybe without the constant fear of Brahma's displeasure and the possible consequences thereof, she might have become one of those too-doting, too-attached mothers who turn into nightmare mothers-in-law.

It is interesting to think about the peacefulness of most of the Jhakar relationships. Obviously that depends on the characters being the way they are. But then I start wondering why they are the way they are, and whether they and the relationships between them would be the same if something about their situation was different. We can't know, but I would guess there would be differences.

Even if you don't find it convincing that it's because of Devyani's response to Brahma's awfulness that the family turned out this way, you might consider it something like a necessary balance - Brahma is dysfunctional and evil-minded enough for his whole family 😆

Edited by dekhiki - 12 years ago
--Hope-- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
totally totally agree but I have to say that there is something in Brahma's demeanour that makes him fun to watch

like I loved when he was all thrown off because Devyani was letting him have his way - giving him a divorce and allowing him to marry uttara.

actually  Devyani si the only person other than RD that Brahma is truly apprehensive off. he never knows what they will do next and he knows that he is surviving on their tolerance.

I think they should not kill him off as a character - he is quite intruiging to watch. not sure if the character would have played out so well without the current actor. the casting people did a good job.   I think the only actors that I did not find appealing was the guy playing chinu (with the stupid mustache) and the guy playing karan.

but yes to get back to your point the family does seem very happy. that is how they showed them when they went to mansa devi and introduced us to the jhakars remember? Sans Brahma. 

I am very sad that they have shown this big close knit family all scattered. I wish they had shown them living and moving on happily together without Brahma.   even if all the women come back and bauji, the house will be incomplete without Gaurav. :(
FIZK6 thumbnail
Originally posted by: --PiaSenGupta--

Yeh , this family is perfect without Bramha ...and Saas is really teh mother not mother type of bahus ..

And we know why Maryada is not working on trp charts ðŸ˜†

Maryada is definitely not the typical saas bahu.  😉

If Brahma was the complete opposite, then this would be the perfect family on Indian TV.
They're modern, yet traditional and do respect the value of family.

FIZK6 thumbnail
Originally posted by: dekhiki

I think everything you've pointed out reflects how carefully Devyani must have been working all these years to foster such relationships and such an environment in her house. Of course the totalness of the family good-feeling depends somewhat on Bauji having a preexisting warm-hearted temperament and on the personalities of her bahus being so down-to-earth, but I would argue that based on what we've seen on the show, we are meant to interpret this 'otherwise perfect' state of affairs in the Jhakhar home as being a deliberate construction of Devyani's. We could guess that she would have done the same in any case because she is a good-hearted and level-headed person, but as things stand we see that it was actually something of a coping measure for her in response to the pressures created by Brahma - and also the response necessitated by his obvious demands that she be a perfect wife and run a perfect household.

So would they be such a perfect family if it weren't for Brahma being the villain that he is? Perhaps with a loving, supportive and indulgent husband, Devyani's personality would have developed differently. There is no saying what she would or wouldn't do. It is hard to imagine her being the immature, power-mongering sort of saas who gets too involved in her sons' married lives or sees the most ridiculous things as threats to her power - but psychology is always profoundly affected by circumstances, and who knows, maybe without the constant fear of Brahma's displeasure and the possible consequences thereof, she might have become one of those too-doting, too-attached mothers who turn into nightmare mothers-in-law.

It is interesting to think about the peacefulness of most of the Jhakar relationships. Obviously that depends on the characters being the way they are. But then I start wondering why they are the way they are, and whether they and the relationships between them would be the same if something about their situation was different. We can't know, but I would guess there would be differences.

Even if you don't find it convincing that it's because of Devyani's response to Brahma's awfulness that the family turned out this way, you might consider it something like a necessary balance - Brahma is dysfunctional and evil-minded enough for his whole family 😆

I agree Devyani has kept them all together, but my point is IF Brahma was the complete opposite from the way he has been portrayed.
Its a very big IF  😆

Edited by FIZK6 - 12 years ago
FIZK6 thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Hope--

totally totally agree but I have to say that there is something in Brahma's demeanour that makes him fun to watch  That is so true. We definitely love to hate him. Hes my favourite villian on TV.

like I loved when he was all thrown off because Devyani was letting him have his way - giving him a divorce and allowing him to marry uttara.

actually  Devyani si the only person other than RD that Brahma is truly apprehensive off. he never knows what they will do next and he knows that he is surviving on their tolerance.

I think they should not kill him off as a character - he is quite intruiging to watch. not sure if the character would have played out so well without the current actor. the casting people did a good job.   I think the only actors that I did not find appealing was the guy playing chinu (with the stupid mustache) and the guy playing karan. Brahma should stay till the end. He should suffer till then then be killed off, atleast we know the family will not be looking over their shoulders.

but yes to get back to your point the family does seem very happy. that is how they showed them when they went to mansa devi and introduced us to the jhakars remember? Sans Brahma. 

I am very sad that they have shown this big close knit family all scattered. I wish they had shown them living and moving on happily together without Brahma.   even if all the women come back and bauji, the house will be incomplete without Gaurav. :(  I still have hope Gaurav will be back. And the family can only get more close knit after all the ghosts have been laid to rest.