The Vampire Diaries

Episode 14: Written Update

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
My apologies guys. I spaced out and had lots of homework.
-----

Grab your gowns and elbow-length gloves: The Originals are throwing a soiree, and all our heroes are invited. When Elena receives her invitation, she sees that it also contains a personal note from Esther the Original Witch—apparently, she'd like to speak with the Doppelganger. Caroline discovers that Klaus himself has invited her and given her a gorgeous dress to boot. Both gals are apprehensive about attending… but when Caroline spots Rebekah personally inviting Matt to be her date, it's enough to convince her to check out the ball.

Elena arrives at the party wearing a gorgeous, sparkly dress. She tells the Salvatores that she won't leave before finding out what Esther wants. Doing that will be difficult, though—as Finn the Original informs her, she'll need to be alone if she wants to talk to his mother. But protective Damon isn't willing to let her go.

He is, however, willing to do an elaborately choreographed waltz. Somehow, every guests knows the steps to this dance. As Damon and Elena glide together, Klaus dances with Caroline—who's wearing the dress he gave her—and tries to win her over. Soon, everyone switches partners. When Elena's passed to Stefan, she tells him to follow her outside.

Once they've left the dance floor, Elena tells the vampire she needs to get close to Esther. Elena knows Damon won't let her do this, but she thinks that since Stefan cares more about destroying Klaus than anything else, he'll help her. Stefan says she's right—not entirely convincingly—and the two of them head back inside. Shortly afterwards, Elena lures Damon into a room and Stefan swoops behind him and breaks his brother's neck, buying Elena a bit of time without his protection.

Kol, the other new Original brother, sidles up to his sister and tells her that falling for a mortal like Matt is a sign of weakness. According to R, though, she's just brought him to the party so she can kill him, thereby hurting Elena. She asks her bro if he wants in on the action.

Before Elena can go to Esther, Elijah stops her in the hall and says that he's suspicious of his mother. He asks if he can trust Elena to tell him what Esther tells her, and Elena answers affirmatively.

And then she finally finds the Original Witch. Finn leaves the two of them alone in a room that's been rendered soundproof by a spell. Esther explains that she could be revived because another witch—one of Bonnie's ancestors—preserved her body. That's why only Bennetts could bring her back. Esther then lays out her true intentions: She's gathered the siblings not just for a ball but also so that she can conduct a ritual that will bind them together as one. In order to do that, she needs to get each one to drink a few drops of the Doppelganger's blood. And once the spell is complete, if one Original sibling is killed, the rest of them will die as well.

Elena's shocked. Esther, though, stands firm: she loves her family, but they're an abomination. "It's my duty to kill them," she tells a horrified Elena.

Damon wakes up and attacks Stefan, furious at him for letting Elena go. Stefan replies by telling his brother that he cares too much.

Though Kol wants to kill Matt in front of everyone, Rebekah says if they do, Esther will "kill them" (ha!). So she decides to lure the human outside instead. But once they're in the parking lot, Matt pulls a coat out from his car and offers it to Rebekah. The gesture touches the vamp, and she decides not to murder Matt after all. Kol watches them head back into the party, clearly displeased.

Inside, Elijah approaches Elena again and asks what Esther wanted. Elena decides not to tell him the truth, instead saying that she only apologized for trying to have Elena killed. Then waiters pass out champagne. Esther gives a toast, saying that seeing her family back together is her greatest joy. When she's finished, everyone takes a sip—even the Original sibs, who have no idea they've just quaffed Elena's blood.

Klaus has spent the entire night trying to woo Caroline, but she's not falling for it. Eventually, he leads her to a room that holds his artwork and tells her that he'd like to take her all around the world. Still, Caroline won't be moved—she tells him to lift his control over Tyler and give the hybrid his life back. That's enough to get Klaus to tell Caroline she should leave. "I get it," she shoots back. "Your father didn't love you, so you assume no one else will either." She accuses him of creating hybrids and trying to buy people off because he can't connect to them otherwise. Seems pretty on point.

Damon finds Elena to bring her home, and they argue. She thinks he's mad because she went to Stefan, "I'm mad because I love you," he answers. "Maybe that's the problem," she replies angrily. Elena immediately tries to apologize, but the damage is done: "I care too much," Damon says bitterly. "I'm a liability. How ironic is that?"

Matt, meanwhile, suddenly finds himself cornered by Kill—er, Kol—who has decided to do what his sister couldn't. But before he can kill the human, Damon swoops in and fights him off. Stefan runs out to break up the fight and asks his brother if he's crazy. "Far be it for me to cause a problem," a wounded Damon practically snarls before stalking away.

At home, Caroline leaves a plaintive message for Tyler, telling him that she misses him. Then she discovers another gift on her bed. This one, too, is from Klaus—it's a sketch of her that he must have just drawn, complete with a message that reads, "Thank you for your honesty." Is vampire love in the air?

Esther's furious that Rebekah and Kol disgraced the family by getting violent. But she's also got more important things to worry about—like finishing the binding spell. Finn is apparently in on the plan; though he knows it'll kill him too, he's ready to die when his time come. Though Elijah's moral and honest nature gives Esther pause, she decides to go through with the spell anyway. The witch cuts Finn, then drips his blood onto a piece of parchment bearing her children's names. Soon, they're all bound together by a bloody family tree, and the spell is complete.

Stefan brings Elena home. She's feeling bad about signing a death sentence for the Originals, but Stefan tells her that it's what needs to be done to kill Klaus. Soon, though, the conversation turns—as it always does—to Stefan's lack of feeling. Elena tells him that she doesn't understand how he can act like he doesn't care. Stefan tells her he hates himself for what he did to her, and she answers that he should show it instead of trying to convince her he's emotionless. As they talk, they get closer and closer. But Stefan won't take the bait—he tells Elena that if he lets himself care, all he'll feel is pain. Then the vampire walks away, leaving Elena all alone and un-kissed.

Rebekah goes to the grill to find Matt, but he isn't interested in her apology. Luckily, a wounded Damon is there as well. The two vamps get to drinking, then flirting… and, eventually, sleeping together. This shouldn't complicate things at all.

CREDIT: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/02/09/the-vampire-diaries-season-3-episode-14-dangerous-liaisons-tv-recap/?mod=google_news_blogEdited by *Harjot* - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.anjz. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Cheater !! Yup! this is what I got!! 

and you got no homework! I know for a fact that you finished 'em long ago :D HAHA!
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
stop disgracing me man! =O haha! I was doing my homework when TVD came on. by the time I'd finished, I had missed it =(
Heart thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Oh my god! Damon and Rebekah?! Things are going to get really complicated now. But on a second thought, DR are not actually that bad together. I mean... both are broken.. and both need some love and affection.. and they make a surprisingly good pair :D 

All the Klaus-Care scenes were AH-MAZING! Totally loved them, especially the last scene. 
"Thank you for your honesty." Awwhie! :) 

And from the episode today and how things are turning out.. I'm thinking that are the original children going to "together" for the rest of the season or are they going to switch sides? Is the rest of the season going to be about killing Klaus.. or killing Esther? Just a thought. 

Lastly.. The last Delena scene </3 :( Comon Elena! Damon is just trying to watch out for you. 😡 

PS: Missed Ty and Bonnie in this episode. 
Edited by Heart - 12 years ago
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Damon again slept????? damn...this guy is such a tease...!!!!!! the guy is completely frustrated...!!!!
asmuasmi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
awwiee!! thankies 4 d written update,.cant wait to c it!
nikhilageet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you for the update Harjot😃. I can understand elena loves stephen and all but does she have to hurt my poor damon all the time 😕. I want delena to happen yes but i also want elena to first appreciate damon for being by her side and helping her even when stephen left 😭. and klaus and caroline look good 😉
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
aawww Klaus n Care...so sweet...😳...n Damon slept with Rebecka?😲..ewww...Elijah is too sweet n very honest...😊
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
god the delena dance just did the thing for me ... drooling hehehhee
other than that the last part was quite sexy i still donno how to take damon and rebekah ...god !!

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The entire Klaus-Caro scenes seems forced cause until recently, he didnt even care for her..I guess both share the broken relation with father factor🤔

Elena was so mean to Damon😡 and i am glad stefan walked away at the end tho i am a SE shipper.

Why do i get this feeling killing originals means also others so eventually it will be all about stoping esther I guess😕