Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

India-Forums

Sindoor Tere Naam Ka
Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor (Page 27)

*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 16 December 2006 at 7:10pm | IP Logged

Gurdip€™s loss is Aashka€™s gain

According to the producer Sindoor gains momentum after Gurdip Kohli€™s exit.

Reena Thapar Kapoor

The winner: Aashka Goradia

Sindoor, Zee TV's once successful show seems to be catching up with the other successful shows like Saat Phere and Kasamh Se. "The TRP of the show kept fluctuating between 1.5 and 2 for the last 400 episodes," says producer Kinneri Mehta. But after Zee TV and Jai Productions jointly decided to oust the lead protagonist Gurdeep Kohli, the viewership is suddenly on the rise.

Apparently, the show has gained momentum after Aashka Goradia's entry (who replaced Gurdip in the show) and last week it touched the TRP of 3. "This has been a great boost for the show. As a producer, I had made up my mind to wind up the serial after we decided to snip Gurdip's character. Knocking off Gurdip's character had been a big decision on our part. Fortunately for us, things only improved after that."

Out: Gurdip Kohli

According to the grapevine, Gurdip Kohli would delay the whole shooting process. Adds Kinnari, "The actors on the sets now come on time, finish their work and leave without any hassle. Aashka seems to have come like a blessing in disguise. I think her professionalism and her girl-next-door image got the audience hooked to the show once again. I am sure Sindoor is gearing up to give other shows a tough competition."

Says a source in the production house, "Surprisingly, we can now witness a lot of positive air on the sets and this has helped the actors do better job. Gurdip would always nag us for small things and waste a lot of time."

"Gurdeep's exit has put a smile on everyone's face," says a co-star.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=2006121702455918728ab749d

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 24 December 2006 at 7:49pm | IP Logged

Oops, I did it again!

Aashka Goradia has fractured her arm while shooting. The actress slipped from the stairs on the sets of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka.

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Aashka Goradia

Aashka Goradia aka Arpita in Sindoor Tere Naam Ka, seems to be one of the most accident prone actresses in the industry. The actress keeps tripping and falling at the drop of a hat. After fracturing her leg and toe, Aashka has fractured her arm this time. The actress was shooting a scene in Sindoor…, when she slipped from the stairs. Aashka was walking down from her make-up room to the set, when she lost her balance. The unit members immediately gave her first aid, as her arm swelled up within a few minutes.

"She has fractured her arm. She has informed us that she wouldn't be able to shoot for a couple of days as she is in pain. I don't know why she doesn't want people to know about her injury.  The entire unit members and cast have been a witness to her fall," says a creative member of the show.

This isn't the first time that Aashka has injured herself. Says Aashka, "I don't want to be written about for all this."

While the actress is too embarrassed to admit about her injury herself, her producer Kinneri Mehta has a different version. Kinneri is all praises about her new lead actress in the show. "Aashka is extremely professional and dedicated towards her work. I'm not sure what exactly happened on the sets, since I wasn't around at that time. I got the news later," she says

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=20061225025915890d58fa368 

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 24 December 2006 at 7:51pm | IP Logged

Merry questions to answer

TV actors may be great at histrionics. But what do they know about Christmas? We quiz our stars.

Mail this Article
Print this Article
Comments
View Comments
Rate this Article
Search

JUHI PARMAR : 3/7

Which plant do you kiss under?
I have no clue.
Who wrote the book A Christmas Carol?
Baap Re! I am not a Christian. Don't ask me (laughs)
Who has a red nose?
Reindeer… Umm, Hmm. It's Rudolph!
How many wise men were there?
Pata Nahin Yaar. Gawd! I know Christmas comes on December 25 and a bit about Jesus and Mother Mary.
Where was Jesus born?
Bethlehem
Which of these is a Christmas sweet - Sandesh, Easter eggs, Marzipan?
Easter Egg. It can't be Sandesh. So, whichever sounded Christian, I answered.
Where does Santa live?
North Pole.
RAM KAPOOR : 6/7

Mistletoe
I have no idea
Who has a red nose?
Rudolph, Santa's reindeer
Three
Where was Jesus born?
Jerusalem 
Marzipan
Where does Santa live?
North Pole

VARUN BADOLA : 4.5 /7

I know you kiss under the Mistletoe. But I didn't know it was a plant. I thought it was a sort of decoration!
I don't know. Oscar Wilde? 
Who has a red nose?
The reindeer, though I just can't remember his name right now.
 I'd read somewhere one of them was a Hindu, but I can't say it's a fact!
Where was Jesus born?
Bethlehem    
I spent a Christmas in London, when it was really murky, but Marzipan lifted my spirits! 
Where does Santa live?
North Pole, alhough the original home of Santa is Alaska
MAULI GANGULY : 2/7

Hmm….No clue!
Aree baap re! I am very bad at this. Give me sometime to think.
Who has a red nose?
Gotcha! Rudolph, Santa's reindeer
I don't know.
Where was Jesus born?
No clue. I am sorry.
Marzipan
Where does Santa live?
I don't know. Please don't publish this; I know you are going to prove how dumb actors are! (laughs)

SAI DEODHAR : 7/7

Mistletoe
Charles Dickens
Who has a red nose?
Three
Where was Jesus born?
Let me think…Jesus was a Jew..Palestine??? NO… it's Beth…Beth…Beth…Bethlehem!  
Marzipan
Where does Santa live?
North Pole
SHVETA SALVE : 6/7

Mistletoe
I have no idea
Who has a red nose?
Three
Where was Jesus born?
Bethlehem    
Marzipan
Where does Santa live?
North Pole

GURDEEP KOHLI: 4/7

Mistletoe
I don't know
Who has a red nose?
Don't know
Where was Jesus born?
Bethlehem    
Marzipan
Where does Santa live?
In the Alps ?

THE RIGHT ANSWERS

Mistletoe

Charles Dickens

Who has a red nose?

Three

Where was Jesus born?
Bethlehem

Which of these is a Christmas sweet - Sandesh, Easter eggs, Marzipan
Marzipan

Where does Santa live?
North Pole

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=2006122502591389055681c1c

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:12pm | IP Logged

Star wars

Gurdeep Kohli alleges that her producer Kinnari Mehta of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka, has not paid her dues, files a case with the artiste's association.

Sapana Patil Poojary

In deep trouble: Gurdeep Kohli

There has been a lot of tension brewing up between actor Gurdeep Kohli and producers Kinnari and Jay Mehtaa. Gurdeep played the lead in Jay and Kinnari Mehtaa's Sindoor Tere Naam Ka... Now the conflict has reached the next level. While Gurdeep has filed a complaint against Kinnari at the artistes' guild, Kinnari has poured her heart out before the producers' guild. 

Jay Mehtaa says, "We had an agreement with Gurdeep which said that she would have to shoot with us for 20 days in a month. When she took up Nach Baliye 2, we had no objection provided she didn't disturb the schedule of Sindoor…  Although she did promise that she wouldn't let our show suffer, she came for three hours a day. She would only shoot close-ups. We had to complete the rest of the scenes with body double. It was due to her that we had to change the storyline and the quality suffered. When I tried to talk it over, Gurdeep said that she couldn't help it."

Adds Jai, "Contrary to her saying that she has quit the serial, we (the channel and the production house) had taken a joint decision to remove her from the show. Gurdeep held Keerti Gaekwad responsible for all the problems in the time-schedule, since both were doing Sindoor... and Nach Baliye 2. But the fact is that Keerti has always been dedicated to her work. Hence, we asked the Indian Motion Pictures' Producers Association (IMPPA) to take steps against Gurdeep. When Gurdeep called me for her dues, I told her we will have to discuss. But she didn't wait and she went to CINTAA (Cine Artists and Television Actors Association)." 

When contacted, Gurdeep said, "I don't think I did anything wrong. Till the time I had been working with Jay Mehtaa Productions, they appreciated my professionalism. It was when I wanted to take a long leave for my wedding, that I decided to quit. Now, when I asked to clear my cheques, they refused saying that they have suffered a loss because of me. They did call and asked me meet them. But I was very busy with my wedding preparations."

Gurdeep added, "They are playing games, now that I have left their show. They did this to Tanviji (Azmi) and Kiranji (Juneja) too. So far, I have been held responsible for participating in Nach Baliye 2. But the fact is that I worked overtime to make up for Sinndoor… when I was doing Nach Baliye 2. Therefore, I decided to file a complaint to the CINTAA."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=2006122603584975051cce0a5

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 06 January 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Sindoor director injured on the sets

The Zee serial Sindoor Tere Naam Ka's director Debashish got injured recently while shooting for one of the sequences. Back after celebrating the New Years Eve, the unit was busy as usual with the shoot when Sachin Sharma got too involved in the shot that he hit the camera with his hand. The poor camera not only fell down but fell on the director's hand and the shoot had to be stopped for some time. Well, Sachin too much of involvement is injurious to directors health. Isn't it?

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/jan/6jan/grapevine.php

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 14 January 2007 at 7:11pm | IP Logged

Director's cut!

The director of Sindoor… injures himself while shooting a crucial scene.

Crash: Sachin Sharma

This time the camera was literally on the director. Shooting of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka came to an abrupt halt when actor Sachin Sharma aka Shivam turned rather dramatically for a scene, causing the camera to topple over. Unfortunately, it landed on the director, causing him injuries.

The shoot was stalled for almost two hours. Sachin Sharma said, "Actually, it was a violent scene where I had to drag Keerti Gaekwad forcibly. Then, I had to make her dance with me around candles in a passionate and violent romantic scene. It was a small room, so the camera had to be positioned close to both of us. It was very difficult shoot the scene. I was so engrossed that when I turned, I hit the camera which fell on the director's hand. Blood started gushing out of his finger and everyone was at a loss as to what to do. Immediately, the shoot was stalled and he was taken to the doctor. He had

Director Debashish Dhar

some medication and came back to the sets after two hours. We were all quite tense."

Villain from reel-life to real life? He laughs, "The villain act from the serial turned real! There was lot of bleeding and his hand was swollen. Thankfully, he came to the sets and the shoot was wrapped up very quickly."

Debashish Dhar, the director said, "It was not Sachin's fault. It is just an unfortunate incident. But, I am touched by the helpfulness of my crew members."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=2007011502154493753175e7d

strawberry007 Goldie
strawberry007
strawberry007

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:32pm | IP Logged

Ranjib Mazumder

Saumya Tandon
Unlike other actors who flaunt their love lives before the media, Sachin Sharma (Shivam in Sindoor) and Saumya Tandon (Rusty in Aisa Des Hai Mera) are trying their best to keep their affair under wraps. Apparently, Saumya was very upset when rumours of her alleged affair with co-actor Gaurav Chopra leaked out.

Says Saumya's close friend, "Saumya was introduced to Sachin by a common friend. It began with a casual conversation, but soon they became good friends. Now they are always in touch over the phone. But she wants to keep the affair a top secret. Saumya is scared of being spotted with Sachin at parties, which can kick-start speculations. But, they are definitely seeing each other."

Sachin Sharma
A close friend and co-star of Sachin, says, "Sachin was highly impressed with Saumya's personality. They are regularly in touch over the phone. Although Sachin loves going out; he respects Saumya's decision of not going out together. I believe they are madly in love."

When contacted, Sachin Sharma said, "Unlike others I don't want to talk about my personal life just for the heck of getting some cheap publicity." On being probed further, he said, "Yes, Saumya is a good friend and we know each other for quite some time now."

Saumya Tandon said, "I am bored of all these silly link-up stories. First, I was linked with my co-star Gaurav Chopra and now Sachin Sharma. I usually refrain from talking about my private life. My career is my first priority for the moment."

*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 08 February 2007 at 10:32pm | IP Logged

'Size is not an issue!'

Recovering from a broken marriage Shweta Gautam begins to think positive as she prepares for an exciting future.

How did acting happen?
Acting happened ten years ago. Sudesh berry was supposed to make a serial for his home production. I was in F.Y. B. Com then and was selected. The serial didn't materialize. When I finished my T.Y. B. Com, I did Chouke Pe Chakaa on DD. But the real recognition came with Campus in which I played a college student, Rashi. Then I bagged Kurukshetra. After that, I did all the shows for the Adhikari brothers. I did a telefilm called Chera where I played Ayub Khan's sister. I did Satuarday Suspense Junoon with Ashutosh Govarikar.  My prominent shows also include Basera, Gharana, Kora Kagaz, Sindoor Tere naam Ka, Hum Sab Baraathi Hai and Mamta. I was appreciated in Sindoor Tere naam Ka.

Do you think your character in Sindoor ... may be revived?
I played Tara in Sindoor...'. She is the only daughter of the Raizada family and has three brothers, played by Sharad Kelkar, Sachin Shroff and Pracheen Chouhan. My character gets widowed but gets married again. Eventually my character goes abroad. It all depends on the producers if they want to revive the character.

What is so unique about your role in Kulvaddhu?
I am playing a maid called Bindiya for the first time. She has been brought up in the Rathore family. My character is close to Vasundara Devi, played by Suhasini Mulay, as she shares all her secrets with me. It is a very positive character and is close to Niyati played by Daljit. My character speaks faulty English, which is hilarious. A character called SMS played by Anup Upadhyay is my love interest and I want to teach him English.

Is it true that you bond well with Daljit Kaur on the sets?
Yeah. Daljit is an extremely nice person. She took extra care of me on the sets when I had nearly lost my voice. She ensured that I drank hot water and tea regularly. It is a coincidence that I'm sharing my make up room with Daljit and Surbhi Tiwari. We have real good times on the sets together.

Do you think it is necessary to be beautiful to be an actress?
Yes it is but now-a-days anyone can be made to look beautiful because of cosmetics, lighting and costumes. We live in an artificial world.

Do you think short height is an issue?
I don't agree that size is an issue. Whether it is television or films height is never a problem. Actresses like Divya Dutta and Rani Mukherjee are short but their performances make all the difference.

Are you worried that now you will be offered only maid servant roles?
I agree and I am scared of that. That's why I am doing a show, 'Soutela', on DD, which is produced by Mukesh Khanna. I am playing a modern girl in it. It went on air on 15th January.

Tell us something about your personal life…
I have a broken relationship behind me but am very much single now. I am still very much in pain and trying to recover from it by concentrating on my career. God and work are giving me the courage to live life.

Describe yourself as a person?
I am very honest and God-fearing. I can't be diplomatic or smart. I am quite conservative in my thoughts. I am an extrovert and used to be short tempered.

What is your philosophy of life…
It keeps changing but one thing is constant. 'One should be as nice as possible. Forgive but don't ever forget.'

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=February2007_tvtrack_standar d346&child=tvtrack

Go to top