Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

India-Forums

Sindoor Tere Naam Ka
Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor (Page 24)

Sano88 IF-Achieverz
Sano88
Sano88

Posted: 18 July 2006 at 7:04am | IP Logged

Kirti's personal loss

Enlarge Image
it's back to work: Kirti Kelkar

Kelkar, who lost her father recently, had to rush back to work, the day after the funeral
Shaheen Parkar
shaheen@mid-day.com

Kirti Kelkar has been shooting in the most trying times for her shows, Sinndoor and Saat Phere (both Zee) in the last few days.
Her father, V R Gaikwad, suddenly passed away on June 19. She had to rush to Kanpur, where her family is based, for the last rites.
The rigours of television shoots — she is doing two dailies — demanded that she be back soon.
Kirti had to fly down to Mumbai the very next day after the funeral along with husband, Sharad Kelkar (Rudra of Sinndoor and Nahar of Saat Phere) to be back at work. "I was in Kanpur only for a day," she says.
Sudden loss
Though her father had been ailing, his death was very sudden.
"It came as a shock to us. There was this sense of disbelief," says Kirti who still sounds extremely moved while on her way to the shoot. "He passed away due to a cardiac arrest. When his end came, he was at home with my grandmother. My mother and my brother were at my elder sister's home, elsewhere in Kanpur."
The actress will be returning to Kanpur for the 10th day ceremonies and has decided to observe the 13th day in Mumbai.
"As I am shooting for two dailies, it is very difficult to take off, we will conduct the rituals and rites here in Mumbai."
Government job
Her father was a central government employee. "My family is not into the entertainment field at all," says Kirti who earlier featured as Kannan in Star's Kahiin To Hoga.

*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 19 July 2006 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Somebody shoot me!

We were clearing our archives when we pulled out some really old pictures of telly stars who would balk at the idea of seeing these pics in circulation once again! Here's a look…

Juhi Parmar, as she appeared in the Sony show, Shaheen, in 2001

Mandira Bedi in Shanti

Archana Puran Singh in Archana Aaa.. Haa

Supriya Pilgaonkar in Kshitij Yeh Nahin on DD Anuj Saxena and Amrita Singh in Aasman Se Aagey Nausheen Ali Sardar in her early Kkusum days in 2001
Anoop Soni in Lekin Shraddha Nigam in 2001 in Krishna Sharma CA

Vaishnavi in Choti Maa in 2002

Urvashi Dholakia and Anita Hasanandani in Kabhi Souten Kabhi Saheli

Kishwer Merchantt in Babul Ki Duwayein Leti Jaa

Shweta Kawaatra in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii

Keerti Gaikwad who starred in Kammal in 2002

Ketaki Dave

Mita Vashist in Jazeere

memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 27 July 2006 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
xen10 Goldie
xen10
xen10

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Diwakar returns to the small screen

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

During his three-month break, he worked with SRK in Don

Tushar Joshi
tushar.joshi@mid-day.com

The last we saw of Diwakar Pundir was in the serial Reth. Now he's back in action after a brief hiatus. The actor has joined the cast of Zee's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka, playing Aayush Malhotra. Speaking about his character, Diwakar said, "It feels great to be back on television. I play the role of a business tycoon who has an important part to play in the story. My look is very corporate where I am seen wearing suits."

'Don'ning a new role

When asked what he did during his break, Pundir said, "I shot for Farhan Akhtar's Don. It was an amazing experience to work with Shah Rukh Khan. I don't have a huge role in it, but just being a part of this project gave me a real high."

Did he get a chance to interact with SRK?

"Yes, I have shot quite a lot of scenes with him. He's great as a co-star – very hardworking, dedicated and sincere."

Unlucky in films?

Apart from work, the actor also had his hands full on the personal front. "My daughter Amaara recently turned a year old. We had a small party for her. Besides that, travelling to Malaysia to shoot Don also took up most of my time."

Films are stuck

Even though he's getting work on television, Diwakar is busy looking out for more films. "Unfortunately, a lot of my films never got released. I've completed six films where I play the lead, but not all of them have seen the light of the day. Five years back, I did a Mahesh Manjrekar film with Sonali Bendre, which is still awaiting a release."

Striking a rapport

Even though he hasn't worked with any of his Sinndoor cast before, the actor feels he's part of their family. "When you work on a daily, it's important to share a good rapport with each member." As a part of the track the actor is also working with some new actors. "Even during Reth, Ihad fun working on the show." 

Edited by xen10 - 30 July 2006 at 3:01am
Innocent_Bachi Goldie
Innocent_Bachi
Innocent_Bachi

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Jet Set Go on Star One
Dreaming of an exotic holiday? Do you have a valid passport? Are you ready to pack your bags? Get ready to Jet Set Go as Star One brings to you a fresh & new reality game show with a difference! The show that will premiere on Friday, March 10, 200 at 8 p.m. encompasses of 4 field anchors at separate locations within a city, who try and persuade people from the general public to take a free vacation! And that's not all…you also get 1000 dollars to shop till you drop and enjoy your free vacation!!!

The show is hosted by 4 field anchors – Kiran Dubey, Tasneem Shaikh, Aashka Goradia, Gurdip Kohli & 1 studio anchor – Raju Shrivastav. The studio anchor who traces the progress of each of the four field anchors is the real sutradhar and keeps the excitement going as the drama between the four competing anchors unfolds…

When the 4 hosts have managed to convince someone, the race begins… to reach their respective homes, get permission to leave the country from parents, spouses, bosses etc., to pack their bags, collect passports, and make it to the airport first before any of the other hosts!!!

Yes, all this is true… The only catch being that the flight takes off that very day, within the next 4 hours AND there is only one ticket! So are you ready to take on this race yet??? & As luck might have it, you could be the lucky one…

Anchor: Gurdeep Kohli
• Found a guy called Alam who stayed nearby at Amboli
• Film-maker in the making – spoke extensively to Gurdeep about the same
• Never been abroad
• Reached his house that he shares with other room-mates
• Room complete mess, typical bachelor's pad – couldn't find the passport
• Gurdeep finally started from scratch – found a girl in a shop who agreed, set out to collect her bag & passport
• Suddenly, Alam came running – he had found his passport. Gurdeep & Alam then raced to the airport …
Airport Contestant details:
• Alam
• About 28 yrs old
• Bachelor
• NSD graduate
• Film-maker

Anchor: Kiran Dubey
• Found a contestant who turned out to be a singer
• Quite interesting – long hair, typical appearance, typical style of talking
• Family belongs to Delhi, only son, have moved to Mumbai for his sake so that he can make a career in singing
• Sang songs en route including a bhajan
• Mumma's boy – got pictures of Gods to carry for care taking from his mother. She cried a lot when he left the house

• Krishna Chauhan
• 19 yrs old
• Studying commerce at Mithibai College
• Singer

Anchor: Aashka Goradia
• Found a willing candidate who happened to be wearing a green shirt, had a green car – Aashka's family colour in the series
• Reached his house, wife doesn't allow her husband to go
• Aashka starts again, finds a woman in a car who declines but says she'd like her daughter to go
• Daughter at work, they call her but it would take some time for her to reach
• Aashka starts approaching other people and suddenly that woman turns up with her daughter Shama
• Head to Shama's house at Yari Road, pack, reach the airport …

• Shama Ansari
• Works at a bank
• Spinster
• Talkative
• Father left Shama, her brother and mom when Shama was 7 yrs old

Anchor: Tasneem
• Speed Queen – ran like crazy, hurried her contestant Rajesh like crazy too
• Contestants' mother was quite emotional
• Rajesh shares his b'day with his daughter
• They race to the airport…

• Rajesh Padalkar
• Middle age man (nearing 40)
• Middle class family
• Textile Engineer
• Lives at JB Nagar
• Mumma's boy
By Televisionpoint.com Team
Innocent_Bachi Goldie
Innocent_Bachi
Innocent_Bachi

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Tales from the powder room: Gurdeep Kohli, TV actor
Preeti Khilnani
Sunday, July 02, 2006  19:37 IST

What's in your make-up pouch?
A kohl pencil and lipstick.

One product you can't do without?
My Body Shop watermelon flavoured lip balm…I just can't live without it.

A must-wear for a night out?
People often forget mascara, but I think it's very important as it just lightens up your eyes. I like Diorshow from Christian Dior.

One beauty faux pas most Indian women make?
Not wearing the correct foundation that makes their face look chalky. Also, most women often forget to use foundation on their neck which ends up looking really tacky.

One beauty tip?
Don't wear make-up when not needed, otherwise you will end up looking like a Christmas tree. I firmly believe that less is more.

Innocent_Bachi Goldie
Innocent_Bachi
Innocent_Bachi

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 3:09pm | IP Logged

Gurdeep's Babli act
The Gurdeep Kohli of Sinndoor - Tere Naam Ka will play Babli. As part of story, Vedika being mentally ill, has been admitted to mental asylum. One night during a function, the Raizada family (Vedika's in-laws) witness Vedika's lookalike - Lali, a dancer. The family is interested in meeting the girl to know more about her as she resembles their bahu. This girl, in a completely new look, looks like Babli in Bunty Aur Babli. With song and dance becoming an important part of serials these days, you will find a Rajasthani Ghoomer dance in the June 16 episode. The Rajasthani Ghoomer dancers were called for this purpose. The story takes an important turn on June 23, where they will celebrate Kali Puja. In this episode, all the women will be smeared with sinndoor from head to toe...

Innocent_Bachi Goldie
Innocent_Bachi
Innocent_Bachi

Posted: 31 July 2006 at 12:41pm | IP Logged

Sizzling Stuff

Baluchi, the Indian restaurant at InterContinental The Grand, roped in a bunch of TV stars to kickstart their Mughlai food festival. Gurdeep Kohli, Arjun Punj, Karishma Gulzar, Kishwar Merchant, Hiten Pental and Manmeet Singh stopped by to try out the sizzling stuff after their shooting schedules. Baluchi took on a look of a bazaar in Lucknow. At the entrance one encountered the sight of a smiling hostess, flickering candles and multi-hued bangles. Also catching your eye were the chefs in action in the show kitchen. Chef Subhash Joshi and food and beverage manager, Rajnish Chopra were in command, ensuring each guest got a taste of authentic ancient Awadh specialities. The night was peppered with ghazals and classicals dance performances. After a welcome drink of thandai made with chilled milk and spices and served in an earthen kullad, it was time for the special menu selection of items like murg kasturi kebab, nukti kebab, murgh mussalam, phaldari kofta curry, raspberry mutter, dal kabeela and biryani. One would up the royal repast with rasgulla, kalakand or kesari jalebi.

Go to top