Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

India-Forums

Sindoor Tere Naam Ka
Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor (Page 23)

*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 19 June 2006 at 4:12am | IP Logged

For comments please visit: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=311006. Do not post any comments here. They will be deleted.

Rudra to die

Sharad Kelkar
It's certain that Rudra (Sharad Kelkar) will die in the Zee daily Sinndoor. His end will be tragic and loaded with melodrama.

Along with him is mother Kavita Raizada (Kiran Juneja) will also meet her end… to think that she has just recovered from coma.

The reason behind bumping him off is, because the channel wants him to be seen only as Nahar in Saat Phere. Balancing two shows is apparently taking a toll on him.

So one producer gains, the other loses the character. That leaves his Sinndoor wife Niharika (Kirti Kelkar) in mourning… there's also another reason to be upset as Sharad is her hubby off-screen too.... so it won't be a case of saath-saath both at home and at shoots.

Edited by Princess - 19 June 2006 at 10:20am

memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Sharad Kelkar performs a dare-devil stunt without a double in his final scene in Sinndoor...

Sapana Patil Poojary

After a successful run as Rudra in Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka, Sharad Kelkar's exit from the serial will be equally dramatic. In the sequence where he falls off the cliff, Kelkar did the dare-devil stunt without a body double.

Overwork, weight gain and no time for his personal life, prompted Kelkar to come up with the idea of ending his role in Sinndoor… Luckily for him, producers Jay and Kinnari Mehtaa obliged.

"I love to do all scenes by myself and I don't like to use body doubles," says Kelkar. "I was genuinely excited at doing this daring stunt by myself." This is not the first time that Kelkar is doing a stunt on his own. In the past he has done several water stunts for CID. "But in comparison to those, this was more dangerous because this was shot under artificial rain and also at night. Besides, there was a deep valley on one side and my grip on the rocks on the other side was getting weak because of the rains. Also, I insisted on doing it since it would be my last scene for the serial."

Kelkar's exit is being left open. "In that sense my dead body will not be showed. So in the future, after I have had enough time to rest and recover, there are chances that I will resume working on the show," he says. In his parting scene, Kelkar will be with his reel and real-life wife Keerti. Mehtaa on her part says, "We had got a body double for Sharad but he insisted on doing it himself. Keerti was against Sharad doing the scene and wouldn't let him do it. The shooting had to be stopped till we could convince Keerti otherwise."

Adds Kelkar, "A thin rope, operated manually, was tied to my body. So it was risky. Keerti was very upset with me and with the rest of the crew for letting me do the stunt and tried to convince me otherwise. But I had it my way and did the four minute long scene." From now on, Kelkar is happy at the prospect of doing only one daily serial, Saat Phere.

Sano88 IF-Achieverz
Sano88
Sano88

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Tales from the powder room: Gurdeep Kohli, TV actor

What's in your make-up pouch?
A kohl pencil and lipstick.

One product you can't do without?
My Body Shop watermelon flavoured lip balm…I just can't live without it.

A must-wear for a night out?
People often forget mascara, but I think it's very important as it just lightens up your eyes. I like Diorshow from Christian Dior.

One beauty faux pas most Indian women make?
Not wearing the correct foundation that makes their face look chalky. Also, most women often forget to use foundation on their neck which ends up looking really tacky.

One beauty tip?
Don't wear make-up when not needed, otherwise you will end up looking like a Christmas tree. I firmly believe that less is more.

Sano88 IF-Achieverz
Sano88
Sano88

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 6:22am | IP Logged
harry_fan2 Goldie
harry_fan2
harry_fan2

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged

A still from Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka

A still from Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki

A still from India Calling

A still from Jet Set Go

Shooting in the Rain...

Several shooting schedules of television serials were disrupted due to heavy rains in the city. For instance, Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi didn't have a fresh episode for telecast on Wednesday! Sapana Patil Poojary talks to some producers to find out how they fared...

Kinnari Mehtaa, producer, Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka    
When shooting for a television serial, we run on very tight schedules. Be it the rains, accidents or a death in the family, the shooting has to take place. So when it poured on Tuesday, we arranged for special buses for our artists to travel. Our sets are located at the Aarey colony and the artists live mainly in Andheri, while Sachin (Shroff) lives in Chembur. They were very co-operative and despite the heavy rains they agreed to report on the sets.

Sandiip Sikcand, Creative head, Balaji Telefilms
We didn't let the rains affect our schedules. We carried on the shooting for most of our serials except Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki. We didn't shoot for Kahani… on Tuesday because the sets on Sankraman got flooded. Thankfully, one day of not shooting for Kahani... didn't hamper our telecast.

Shrishti Behl Arya, producer, India Calling and Twinkle Beauty Parlour
We didn't shoot on Tuesday because the rains didn't allow any of our actors to step out of their homes. But we made up for that by shooting late in the night. The sets of both serials are under the same roof, and there was no damage. While shooting for a television serial, every hour matters. And luckily there was no problem from the telecast point of view.

Vipul Shah, producer  Jet Set Go
Our shooting was not scheduled for the days it rained heavily. We were scheduled to shoot today (July 6) but cancelled it because we didn't want to risk our lives. However it turned out to be a bright day! We will have to work out a common date when all the four hosts of the show will be available for the shoot. We are not yet facing telecast problems. But we will have to seek permission from airport authorities to shoot on another day.

dont know if dis has been posted b4

lachi IF-Dazzler
lachi
lachi

Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

New entrant: Kirti Gaekwad

Now, there is another woman in Saloni's life
Sunday, May 28, 2006 | Television

Actress Kirti Gaekwad will play Nahar's deceased wife in Saat Phere

At a time when a twist in the tale is the call of the day can Saat Phere lag behind? For quite some time now, the plot has been hinging on one such twist… a secret that is expected to unravel all that was shrouded in mystery from the protagonist Saloni. Nahar

Needless to say, everyone related to the serial is tight-lipped about the secret and is only willing to divulge the fact that it will have something to do with the new entrant on the show… actress Kirti Gaekwad, presently seen in India Calling and Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka.

So, what role will Kirti play? "Kirti will play Nahar's (Sharad Kelkar) deceased wife, Chandni. The story will go into a flashback and will narrate how the two meet during their college days, fall in love, get married against their parents' wishes and how the wife dies because she isn't happy in Nahar's home," reveals a channel source. This twist points to Saloni not being Nahar's first wife.

"Kirti was our first choice but we had not been able to confirm her due to unavailability of dates," says Ashwini Yardi, programming head, Zee TV.

Kelkar for his part is enjoying every minute of it as this only means getting to work with his wife (Kirti Gaekwad). "I am very happy about working with Kirti. I simply couldn't get enough of her on the sets of Sinndoor," he quips.
lachi IF-Dazzler
lachi
lachi

Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Sharad- Kirti's naya ghar

Sharad Kelkar and Kirti Gaikwad
The two are working round the clock. Sharad Kelkar and Kirti Gaikwad are one busy couple.
While she's shooting for Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka, Sharad is occupied with Saat Phere and Sinndoor. However, in spite of all the work, the jodi has managed to shift house. Reveals Sharad, "Yes, we are moving to a bigger place.

The entire credit for decorating the house goes to Kirti. I have been so busy with work that I hardly got any time for supervision. But hats off to her for taking time out and making the new ghar special."

The buzz is that the couple will most likely make it to the Nach Baliye 2 list this year. Has he heard anything about it? "No I haven't got any official word on it. But yes, both of us are excited about the idea."

(Courtesy: mid-day)
.Roshni. Goldie
.Roshni.
.Roshni.

Posted: 17 July 2006 at 8:48am | IP Logged

Sharad-Keerti's American yatra

Holiday photo album

Enlarge Image

The couple misplaced their baggage and their flight was cancelled

Tushar Joshi
tushar.joshi@mid-day.com

Sharad Kelkar and wife Keerti have just returned from a three-day trip to America. The couple alongwith Gurdip Kohli and her mother were invited to take part in a local show organised by some resident Indians. Still recovering from jet lag, Sharad said, "It was one of the most fun trips in terms of meeting fans and interacting with people. However, we also had our share of troubles and delays."
The actor misplaced his luggage after a connecting flight got cancelled. "It was scary for a while as the airports are huge and people keep travelling all the time. Thankfully, we managed to recover our bags on the next flight."
Aap ke dewaane
Keerti was so overwhelmed by Sharad's female fan following that she had to constantly keep an eye on him. "They were mad about him, chanting Nahar wherever he went. Also, many girls were unaware of the fact that he is married to me, so it was quite funny. When we went to Houston (Texas), we discovered that it's like a mini India. They watch all our shows and know exactly what's happening with the characters we play."
Sharad, the singer
Sharad's favourite moment during the stay was when he sang an impromptu version of Khaike paan banaraswala. "I have sung this song during my college days when I was studying for a MBA. In fact, I even won a prize in the solo singing competition for that song. So when people at the show requested me to sing, I knew what song to sing."
Wasn't he nervous singing in front of so many people? "I know the song really well so it wasn't a problem."
Keerti added that not many people know about his hidden passion for singing. "He is a really good singer. Sharad would sing a lot during his college days, but now he doesn't have much time due to his work." When asked if Keerti got any time to shop she said, "I just picked up stuff from the airport. We were travelling for most of the time." Are they looking forward to go back to the US? "I am planning to make trip in September, if work permits," said Sharad.

Enlarge Image
TRAVELTRIALS:Sharad Kelkar and Keerti during their ?working vacation? to the United States

Go to top